Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 10:16 AM

1,043 posts, read 902,755 times

Advertisements

So we know that Trump throughout the primary season was trying to gain as much support from the far right including religious nuts.
When he brought that bible on stage I had to give it a bit of an eye roll.

But clearly, the guy is liberal leaning to many social groups. I was very very happy to see Trump make a joke during his convention speech about him and religion.

And I was also glad to see Peter Thiel, the gay CEO, talk at his convention and get a rousing cheer when he said he was 'proud to be gay'.

I'm hopeful that now that Trump has cinched the nomination this will be the end of the religious talk and I will be very happy if he states support for the LGBT community - because its undeniable that he has many gay associates, workers, and friends given the guy grew up in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 10:21 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,723,620 times
It don't put food on the table. It don't keep us safer as a nation.

Shiny button to distract from what the election is all about and it isn't Trump or crooked Hillary.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-01-2016 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 08-01-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It don't put food on the table. It don't keep us safer as a nation.

Shiny button to distract from what the election is all about and it isn't Trump or crooked Hillary.

Well since I'm gay and a Trump supporter I would like to feel like he accepts me for who I am.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-01-2016 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 08-01-2016, 10:33 AM

22,537 posts, read 12,106,608 times
OP---I think that you will find the following to be helpful:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/23/us...ghts.html?_r=0

Gay Trump Supporters Offer a Very Specific Reason Why They Stand Against Hillary

Old 08-01-2016, 10:40 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,320,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
So we know that Trump throughout the primary season was trying to gain as much support from the far right including religious nuts.
When he brought that bible on stage I had to give it a bit of an eye roll.

But clearly, the guy is liberal leaning to many social groups. I was very very happy to see Trump make a joke during his convention speech about him and religion.

And I was also glad to see Peter Thiel, the gay CEO, talk at his convention and get a rousing cheer when he said he was 'proud to be gay'.

I'm hopeful that now that Trump has cinched the nomination this will be the end of the religious talk and I will be very happy if he states support for the LGBT community - because its undeniable that he has many gay associates, workers, and friends given the guy grew up in NYC.
Sorry, but what you are saying is that Trump does not tell it like it is, is not honest, is pandering to the religious right, and does not mean what he says?

He still needs their votes, so why would he say something to alienate them? Also isn't Pence super-religious and anti-gay? Didn't he legalize discrimination in Indiana against same-sex couples?

Just keep in mind that Trump will say anything for votes, so you don't really know what you are getting, and that if anything happens to Trump we will have a very religious anti-gay president in Pence. Also, Donny Jr. offered Kasich the VP slot and told him he could run the government, so maybe you better take a long hard look at Pence.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:45 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,723,620 times
Quote:
Well since I'm gay and a Trump supporter I would like to feel like he accepts me for who I am.
Which one do you feel accepts you ? Which one accepts you to get votes ? Why is it ask of Trump and not crooked Hillary when she only change her mind when it was no longer popular. Trump isn't really running on social issues. Transgender went to Trump Tower and used the bathroom without a problem.
What does it take to be convinced that someone outside your circle of friends and family accepts you and could really care less who you chose to spend time with, love, or have sex with.
I'm not gay and could care less about a politician who is unless he wants to put the make on me.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sorry, but what you are saying is that Trump does not tell it like it is, is not honest, is pandering to the religious right, and does not mean what he says?

He still needs their votes, so why would he say something to alienate them? Also isn't Pence super-religious and anti-gay? Didn't he legalize discrimination in Indiana against same-sex couples?

Just keep in mind that Trump will say anything for votes, so you don't really know what you are getting, and that if anything happens to Trump we will have a very religious anti-gay president in Pence. Also, Donny Jr. offered Kasich the VP slot and told him he could run the government, so maybe you better take a long hard look at Pence.
Yeah, I don't believe that for a second.

Trump's campaign has not touched on Religion or LGBT issues since the primaries when Trump was trying to get Tea Party votes.

I have no fear what so ever that Trump will make any policy changes against the LGBT community regardless of his VP choice - who although I'm not a fan of - I'm also not a naive dreamer. There are many conservative people in the US and I don't expect everyone to pander to my needs.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:58 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,813,709 times
Hahaha
After the election is over and GOP has been driven so deeply into the dirt so no one will claim to run as a Tea Party GOP candidate, Trump will announce it was his plan all along.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Hahaha
After the election is over and GOP has been driven so deeply into the dirt so no one will claim to run as a Tea Party GOP candidate, Trump will announce it was his plan all along.
Of course it was his plan - I think everyone knows that even the Tea Party members. They don't care and neither do I. He needed to get their votes as it was the only way to work through the mess of GOP candidates.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:02 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,263,865 times
Quote:
He supported gay rights going back 20+ years ago. While Clinton and Obama were opposed to them a few short years ago. Democrats also want to bring in Muslims who want to kill gays.

What more do you need to know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections