Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 08:52 PM

30,111 posts, read 18,717,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
This is 100% false. Hillary did send info that was classified and marked classified at the time.

She continues to lie, because she knows most of the media will ignore the lie and her supporters are largely either are ignorant or unethical enough to not care.

We get failure from our politicians, because we refuse to hold them accountable.

It is so bad, that they can blatantly lie to our faces and most Americans are fine with it.

Clinton: Emails were not classified when I sent them | TheHill

Unless Comey is right, Hillary perhaps isn't sophisticated, despite a decade working with classified intelligence to know that (C) means classified.

FBI's James Comey: Hillary Clinton not 'sophisticated enough' to understand classified markings - Washington Times

In either case, she shouldn't be president, as she jeopardized US secrets to keep her own secrets.
It is a very sad juncture in US politics.

Rather than having men, like Jefferson, who articulately stated the desires and wishes of the average man, and the means by which a rational government could best attempt to secure those desires, we now have politicians who visualize federal office as a personal "piggy bank" for personal advancement.

Any rational being understands that the Clintons are simply grifters, with a political agenda set to advance personal wealth, at the expense of the public. Such desires, of course, are the antithesis of the founding fathers who SACRIFICED PERSONAL WEALTH FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE NATION. Many wealthy men were impoverished over their political devotion and allegiance to the revolution. They had wealth and property (everything the Clintons seek) and sacrificed those assets for the nation. The Clintons seek personal wealth AT THE EXPENSE OF THE NATION.

I simply do not understand liberals who support individuals who are the antithesis of the tenents upon which this nation was founded and advocate personal wealth and accumulation of assets over the benefit of the nation. THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT OUR FOUNDING FATHERS DID AND ADVOCATED FOR A HEALTHY NATION.

Now we have a group of political parasites, like the Clintons, who view the US as a rotting carcass, and upon which opportunists can feed and exact its last nutrients for personal benefit.

Want a totalitarian king/queen over a republic governed by free men? Vote Hillary- a modern fascist/ubermench of our time. Libs are too stupid to realize what they are supporting.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:15 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,127,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
How many of the 30,000 'yoga' and 'wedding' emails deleted also included big word on the top- 'classified'? She missed deleting the few that were classified but didn't have the large 'classified on the top of the email.
The FBI was able to recover "several thousand" of them that were never turned over to state and were work related. These would not include all the deleted emails. Because of the use of the private server they have no way of positively determining how many emails there were or what was deleted. This of course wast the intention from the beginning of having the private server.
Quote:
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...-e-mail-system

The FBI also discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014. We found those additional e-mails in a variety of ways. Some had been deleted over the years and we found traces of them on devices that supported or were connected to the private e-mail domain. Others we found by reviewing the archived government e-mail accounts of people who had been government employees at the same time as Secretary Clinton, including high-ranking officials at other agencies, people with whom a Secretary of State might naturally correspond.

--------------

It is also likely that there are other work-related e-mails that they did not produce to State and that we did not find elsewhere, and that are now gone because they deleted all e-mails they did not return to State, and the lawyers cleaned their devices in such a way as to preclude complete forensic recovery.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:53 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,816,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The FBI was able to recover "several thousand" of them that were never turned over to state and were work related. These would not include all the deleted emails. Because of the use of the private server they have no way of positively determining how many emails there were or what was deleted. This of course wast the intention from the beginning of having the private server.
Which is a crime right there, all by itself, and does not require intent.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:15 AM

26,575 posts, read 15,140,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
How many of the 30,000 'yoga' and 'wedding' emails deleted also included big word on the top- 'classified'? She missed deleting the few that were classified but didn't have the large 'classified on the top of the email.
Isn't it obvious?

#1 Due to Hillary's constant lies from a variety of angles

#2 The Secretary of State's need for classified info while he/she travels

#3 The 30,000 were deleted AFTER congress asked for them

that the 30,000+ deleted and lost emails had tons of classified info all over them.

Hillary jeopardized national secrets to keep her own secrets safer.

Does any Democrat seriously buy the argument that Hillary worked over a decade with classified documents, but was "not sophisticated enough" to know what the classified markings meant? If so, then she is literally a bumbling idiot and shouldn't be president.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-06-2016 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: hotlinking and/or copyright

Old 08-06-2016, 06:17 AM

59,291 posts, read 27,456,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Even Comey said I was truthful.
She probably was truthful in their "interview" (Note I did NOT say interrogation)

We do NOT know what questions he asked her becuae NOTING WAS RECORDED.

Maybe he asked if Chelsie was doing OK.

Or the grand kids?

When asked before a Congressional hearing he said these answers:

https://asweetdoseofreality.com/2016...lary-off-hook/
Quote:
Gowdy: Good morning, Director Comey. Secretary Clinton said she never sent or received any classified information over her private e-mail, was that true?
Comey: Our investigation found that there was classified information sent.
Gowdy: It was not true?
Comey: That’s what I said.
Gowdy: OK. Well, I’m looking for a shorter answer so you and I are not here quite as long. Secretary Clinton said there was nothing marked classified on her e-mails sent or received. Was that true?
Comey: That’s not true. There were a small number of portion markings on I think three of the documents.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said “I did not e-mail any classified information to anyone on my e-mail there was no classified material.” That is true?
Comey: There was classified information emailed.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton used one device, was that true?
Comey: She used multiple devices during the four years of her term as Secretary of State.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said all work related emails were returned to the State Department. Was that true?
Comey: No. We found work related email, thousands, that were not returned.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said neither she or anyone else deleted work related emails from her personal account.
Comey: That’s a harder one to answer. We found traces of work related emails in — on devices or in space.
Whether they were deleted or when a server was changed out something happened to them, there’s no doubt that the work related emails that were removed electronically from the email system.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said her lawyers read every one of the emails and were overly inclusive. Did her lawyers read the email content individually?
Comey: No.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Comney said in front of congress that only 3 emails were marked classified, all 3 marked incorrectly so that the person reading wouldnt have know n they were classified and that 2 of the 3 shouldnt have been marked so in the first place.

So at best, you are talking about her receiving 1 email, and worst 3. this seems like nitpicking.
So, if I kill 1 person and the press says I killed 3, I should NOT be charged with killing ANYBODY becuae after all it was only 1.

Even 1 SINGLE DOCUMENT on her private server marked classified is a jailable offense.

You apologists never cease to amaze me!

Old 08-06-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
1. You and I at a civilian level would be in jail, not if we were Secretary of State.

2. The argument here is whether or not she lied. She didnt.

3. As Comey said, what she did was legal. You are arguing like Comey did in his own speech that he would have handled the emails differently. That is a difference of opinion, and in all honesty, i agree with him; But again, that is an opinion. Im not defending the action itself, but the legality which you are questioning and claiming that she lied when she clearly didnt.
"The argument here is whether or not she lied. She didnt."

She DID according to Comey.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The state department had rules in place since 2005 about the handling and archiving of emails. Hillary broke those rules as head of the state department. She is not qualified to be POTUS.
Having held a very high TS Clarence , I am CONSTANTLY amazed that the Security Officer at the State Dept was NEVER charged with Dereliction of Duty for ALLOWING hillary to set up and USE a private server for government business KNOWING the Sect. of State CONSTANTLY gets CLASSIFIED emails from other DOD agencies like the CIA.

Wasn't an email found from her that said her staff was to RE-TYPE emails WITHOUT the classification marking that WERE classified and sent to her server?

Old 08-06-2016, 06:37 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,558,220 times
Once the emails are released by Wikileaks, we'll all see what was compromised.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Mishandled the emails in his opinion, but not in a way that made it illegal. In short, he is offering up his opinion of how he would run his office(FBI),not the legal status of the issue.

In short, you are still trying to argue opinion as legal fact when they are not one in the same.
Comey stated that if people in HIS office had done what hillary had done, they WOULD HAVE BEEN TREATED DIFFERENTLY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections