Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 01:49 PM

26,737 posts, read 15,291,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I was looking for some examples of these highly classified emails rather than your biased opinion.Whatever those emails were it was not classified enough to have Mr Comey push for further action on the issue.Until i see some proof of the gravity of these emails i`m tending to think of them as just another lame strawman propped up by a desparate rightwing on par with the Benghazi issue.
Bias?

It is a fact that she sent classified info and is lying about it.

That is objective.

You are the one adding bias to it, by looking for ways to excuse her actions...it is okay for her to willingly improperly use classified info and then continually lie about it, because______give me a moment to make an excuse for my party.

Covert agents' identities aren't an issue, because....she is from your preferred party.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:05 PM

2,972 posts, read 5,035,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That's not the press conference. That's a completely partisan hearing. [MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-06-2016 at 08:43 AM..

Old 08-02-2016, 02:16 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,170,683 times
Quote:
I was looking for some examples of these highly classified emails rather than your biased opinion.Whatever those emails were it was not classified enough to have Mr Comey push for further action on the issue.Until i see some proof of the gravity of these emails i`m tending to think of them as just another lame strawman propped up by a desparate rightwing on par with the Benghazi issue.
There were over100 highly classified emails identified per the FBI. The director himself testified to congress that Hillary was reckless in her emails. This is public record. Stop carrying so much water before your back breaks.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:18 PM

8,662 posts, read 9,200,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
She is on record saying she used just 1 email address .... "for convenience".
Was it an email address provided by the State Department? I don't think so, but I'll wager there was one provided by the State Department that she never used. If that is the case red flags should have been raised within a year of her appointment as Secretary of State.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:39 PM

63,917 posts, read 46,960,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Simply not true.

DAVID PETRAEUS

The best-known recent prosecution involves the former CIA director who pleaded guilty last year to a misdemeanor count of unlawful removal and retention of classified materials. He was spared prison as part of his plea and was given two years' probation by a judge who faulted him for a "serious lapse in judgment."

The retired four-star Army general admitted that he loaned his biographer, Paula Broadwell, with whom he was having an affair, eight binders containing highly classified information regarding war strategy, intelligence capabilities and identities of covert officers. FBI agents seized the binders from an unlocked desk drawer at his home, instead of a secure facility that's required for handling classified material.

One critical distinction is that while Clinton has repeatedly said she didn't send or receive anything that was classified at the time — something the State Department now says it's investigating — the Petraeus plea deal makes clear that he knew the information he provided was classified. He told Broadwell in a recording revealed by prosecutors that the binders had "code-word stuff in there."

When questioned by the FBI, he denied having given Broadwell classified information, though he avoided being charged with making a false statement.

The outcome drew accusations of a double standard for senior brass from defense lawyers who asserted that their less-influential clients wouldn't have been treated with such leniency.

SANDY BERGER

Berger was the national security adviser during Bill Clinton's second term. After leaving office, he found himself in trouble for destroying classified documents.

Berger, who died in December at age 70, pleaded guilty in 2005 to illegally sneaking classified documents from the National Archives by stuffing papers in his suit. He later destroyed some of them in his office and lied about it. The materials related to terror threats in the United States during the 2000 millennium celebration.

He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of unauthorized removal and retention of classified material, and though he avoided prison time, he lost access to classified material for three years.

A judge fined him $50,000, higher than the amount recommended by prosecutors.

Berger called his actions a lapse in judgment that came as he was preparing to testify before the Sept. 11 commission that examined the events leading up to the 2001 attacks.

"I let considerations of personal convenience override clear rules of handling classified material," he said at the time.

BRYAN NISHIMURA

Nishimura, a former Naval reservist in Afghanistan in 2007 and 2008 and a regional engineer for the U.S. military, was investigated for downloading and storing classified information on his personal electronic devices.

Prosecutors say he carried the materials with him off-base in Afghanistan and took classified Army records to his home in Folsom, California, after his deployment ended.

His lawyer, William Portanova, said Nishimura never intended to break the law but was a "pack rat" who thought nothing of warehousing Army records at home alongside personal belongings.

FBI agents who searched his home found classified military records, both in hard copy and digital form. Nishimura also admitted to investigators that he had destroyed some of the information.

Nishimura pleaded guilty in July to unauthorized removal and retention of classified materials. A judge fined him $7,500, and he was ordered to surrender his security clearance.

The violation was a technical and unintentional one, Portanova said, but one that the Justice Department nonetheless thought it needed to punish "to make its point."

I don't see a lot of jail time in there, do you?

I'm no fan of Hillary, and I won't be voting for her, but there's no need for hyperbole in order to justify disdain for her actions.
Thank you for this information.

Seems to me that a critical function of any government official is to avoid doing anything that might be perceived as a conflict of interest. Hillary failed to protect herself and her staff failed to protect her.

I do not care for either nominee and will not vote for either one.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:45 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,281,476 times
Setting aside whether he was joking or not the emails he was referencing would be the one's that Clinton deleted with the claim they were personal. Those emails would already be in the possession of the Russians and most likely are. There is nothing to hack into to obtain them now.

We know from Comey's statement they recovered "several thousands" of these emails that were in fact work related. He also states there is likely many others they were unable to recover.

I don't agree with a foreign government hacking into US computers or trying to influence an election but you can't ignore the contents once exposed. Furthermore if those "personal" emails contain government related activities she is going to be in a lot of trouble. There will be a reason for their deletion and subsequent disappearance.

Based on the fact the DNC release was extremely damaging I'm going to take a guess there is lot worse to come.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-06-2016 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 08-02-2016, 07:59 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,281,476 times
Quote:
Whatever those emails were it was not classified enough to have Mr Comey push for further action on the issue.Until i see some proof of the gravity of these emails i`m tending to think of them as just another lame strawman propped up by a desparate rightwing on par with the Benghazi issue.
This is directly from the statement made by Comey:

Quote:
Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.

For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).

None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail.

Separately, it is important to say something about the marking of classified information. Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information. But even if information is not marked “classified” in an e-mail, participants who know or should know that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it.
The contents of Top Secret/Special Access Program is pure speculation and the public probably won't know for the next 40 or 50 years give or take a few decades. These are the highest classifications given to anything, SAP material is need to know and may include things like black ops, NATO communications etc.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:06 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,170,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This is directly from the statement made by Comey:

The contents of Top Secret/Special Access Program is pure speculation and the public probably won't know for the next 40 or 50 years give or take a few decades. These are the highest classifications given to anything, SAP material is need to know and may include things like black ops, NATO communications etc.
Good summary. Important to note that Hillary said she couldn't even operate 2 devices. Once the deleted emails were actually work vs. Yoga, her creditably is with Brian Williams.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:19 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,910,140 times
Default Its all there on Cspan.

It is clear that Hilary should indicted and it painfully clear the DNC is doing everything legal or not.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:21 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,561,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
There were over100 highly classified emails identified per the FBI. The director himself testified to congress that Hillary was reckless in her emails. This is public record. Stop carrying so much water before your back breaks.
Give me one as an example. what i'm seeing is a woman who sent emails by the tens of thousands saying she was using the same email protocols as many of her peers then after the fact some of her emails were changed to classified status and as a result she is being labeled as a criminal.While these allegations may be enough for the right to call for her to be shot or at the least locked up i need a little more proof before i call for such draconian punishment over unsubstantiated supposedly classified emails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections