Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you react, think and behave if your candidate loses?
I would be pissed and will constantly degrade the next president. 4 26.67%
Neutral. I really don't care who becomes president. 3 20.00%
I will give the next president the benefit of the doubt and see how things go. 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 02:51 PM

17,603 posts, read 9,390,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Let's just say that the person you vote for in November ends up losing, and the other person ends up winning and becoming the next president. What is your take on this situation? How would you behave, think and act?

Personally, I'm going to vote for Hillary Clinton. However, if Trump wins, although I'll be disappointed, all I will do is hope for the best, give him the benefit of the doubt and see how things go during his first term.

What about you?
You forgot to add:

Hunker Down & "hope" we survive.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:51 PM

2,422 posts, read 4,498,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Considering how President Obama and his family have been treated, I don't feel Democrats owe civility to a Republican president.
You mean like during the height of the recession when people were struggling to feed their kids and Michelle and the kids were jetting off to YET ANOTHER European shopping trip, African vacation, Caribbean island?

They got the respect they deserved.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:53 PM

15,696 posts, read 10,491,797 times
Half the time "my candidate" hasn't won in my lifetime. Life goes on.

As long as I voted, I feel fine criticizing the President whether I voted for him or not. I don't respect those who don't vote and complain about anything regarding how the country is run.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:58 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,799,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
You mean like during the height of the recession when people were struggling to feed their kids and Michelle and the kids were jetting off to YET ANOTHER European shopping trip, African vacation, Caribbean island?

Please prove that Michelle and her daughters went on wild shopping trips to Europe, Africa (shopping?) and the Caribbean in 2009. Tell me what they bought that was so outrageous that it warrants the level of attacks President Obama and his family have received over the past eight years. Tell me how it justifies the GOP sending out postcards of watermelons growing on the White House lawn. Or the endless depictions of them as African natives or chimpanzees. Or the endless names that have been thrown at the entire family. The new lack of decorum at State of the Union addresses. Governors shaking their finger at the President on the tarmac. If I were to list all the things that have been thrown at President Obama over the past eight years it would be a book - a book someone is probably already writing. So no, Democrats do not owe future Republican presidents civility of any kind.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:06 PM
JRR

8,248 posts, read 5,772,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'll get up and go to work like I always do.

If I see that Trump might be winning; I will probably re-allocate some stock market money to my mattress until I see what happens.
I feel the same way. I actually started trimming back our stock holdings last week and will continue to do so, just in case of a Trump win. I figure that it might be prudent to build up a bit of a cash shock absorber until we see how things shake out.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:12 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,799,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I feel the same way. I actually started trimming back our stock holdings last week and will continue to do so, just in case of a Trump win. I figure that it might be prudent to build up a bit of a cash shock absorber until we see how things shake out.
With Trump's temperament you may want to consider becoming a prepper.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:14 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,777,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Do what I've always done, whether my candidate wins or loses.

1) criticize the actions I disagree with, applaud the ones I agree with

2) do my best to be the change I wish to see

Whoever wins the presidency, there's one thing I can tell you that is always true about presidents - they are politicians, not infallible people with perfect judgment or crystal balls, or knights in shining armor, or heroes, or saints. And you can take that to the bank.
This is wise.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:09 PM

6,843 posts, read 14,112,054 times
I can't say I am a Clinton supporter but I do believe the country can survive 4 years of her. I am not a fear monger by any measure but a Trump presidency would scare the living hell out of me. I would put all my faith in Congress and Paul Ryan too steer us thru his presidency. A trump presidency gives me the shivers.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,646,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post

If Trump wins - I plan to spend the next four years making post after post on CD explaining how terrible he is; as well as his family.

At least I can look forward to that.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:23 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,392,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Considering how President Obama and his family have been treated, I don't feel Democrats owe civility to a Republican president.
An example of Democrat civility:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections