Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you react, think and behave if your candidate loses?
I would be pissed and will constantly degrade the next president. 4 26.67%
Neutral. I really don't care who becomes president. 3 20.00%
I will give the next president the benefit of the doubt and see how things go. 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 01:46 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,970,035 times

Advertisements

Let's just say that the person you vote for in November ends up losing, and the other person ends up winning and becoming the next president. What is your take on this situation? How would you behave, think and act?

Personally, I'm going to vote for Hillary Clinton. However, if Trump wins, although I'll be disappointed, all I will do is hope for the best, give him the benefit of the doubt and see how things go during his first term.

What about you?

Old 08-01-2016, 02:24 PM

24,521 posts, read 17,271,978 times
This is the most messed up decisive potentially dividing election of all time. I don't think there has ever been so much at stake depending on which way you lean. Hillary will destroy America as we know it and Trump will nuke the world.

If Hillary wins I will be disappointed and get ready to hold onto my memories of America before millions of illegal aliens are given amnesty, rights and the vote, the second amendment is scratched out, extreme liberal supreme court justices are nominated, terrorists like isis and the BLM people will be given more leeway to continue their brand of hate and the list goes on and on.

We all know what Hillary will do to America continuing down the path it is on to become something many of us are not going to be happy with.

If Trump wins we will have to give him the benefit of the doubt like we did with Obama in 2008.

There is no use in being pissed but if Trump gets in I wonder what the likes of Rush Limbaugh will go on about?

Old 08-01-2016, 02:36 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,602,634 times
I am voting for Ron Paul, and if he doesn't win I'll probably defecate on the stairs of the White House.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
I'll get up and go to work like I always do.

If I see that Trump might be winning; I will probably re-allocate some stock market money to my mattress until I see what happens.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:41 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times
Do what I've always done, whether my candidate wins or loses.

1) criticize the actions I disagree with, applaud the ones I agree with

2) do my best to be the change I wish to see

Whoever wins the presidency, there's one thing I can tell you that is always true about presidents - they are politicians, not infallible people with perfect judgment or crystal balls, or knights in shining armor, or heroes, or saints. And you can take that to the bank.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:42 PM

25,598 posts, read 17,329,689 times
I am a Democrat.

So, I am going to spread hate and vitriol in every way that I can. I will protest every Republican idea, seek to ruin the reputation of the First Daughters and Sons, tarnish the image of Melania, march with Black Lives Matter, celebrate when a police officer is shot, and lie down in the way of progress so that The Republicans cannot claim they have been successful.

Because I am a Democrat. And that's what we do.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I am a Democrat.

So, I am going to spread hate and vitriol in every way that I can. I will protest every Republican idea, seek to ruin the reputation of the First Daughters and Sons, tarnish the image of Melania, march with Black Lives Matter, celebrate when a police officer is shot, and lie down in the way of progress so that The Republicans cannot claim they have been successful.

Because I am a Democrat. And that's what we do.
That is exactly what Republicans have done for the past 8 years with regard to the Obama family.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:46 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,734,522 times
Considering how President Obama and his family have been treated, I don't feel Democrats owe civility to a Republican president.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,284,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Let's just say that the person you vote for in November ends up losing, and the other person ends up winning and becoming the next president. What is your take on this situation? How would you behave, think and act?

Personally, I'm going to vote for Hillary Clinton. However, if Trump wins, although I'll be disappointed, all I will do is hope for the best, give him the benefit of the doubt and see how things go during his first term.

What about you?
You left out the option to move to another country, which is an actual option for some of us, and one seriously considered.

No matter who wins, about half of the country will truly hate the president. I wasn't crazy about Bush/Cheney and their wars, but it was tolerable and the real estate bubble took everyone's mind off of him--until the crash.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:50 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,734,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is no use in being pissed but if Trump gets in I wonder what the likes of Rush Limbaugh will go on about?
Rush Limbaugh will rant daily that they won't give Trump the nuclear codes because Trump wants to win his latest twitter fight with Madagascar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections