Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 05:55 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,710,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Yeah right! You mean like how Trump requested a meeting with the Koch brothers but they snubbed him? I think Adelson snubbed him too.
So? Was the meeting about money?

I can't imagine why any American would continue to vote for a politician who is bought & paid for like Hillary Clinton. And yet here you are making argument for that. I can't imagine why there are still American's so blinded by party politics they continue to vote for this kind of corruption. Too bad the OP seems to think this is a good thing.

I for one am glad the Koch brothers can't buy a President.

BTW, I am a Democrat who won't vote for Crooked Hillary for that very reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 06:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,213,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
There's been a lot of stories like this https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-blood-libel/

But nothing about money.
So it adds nothing to the discussion.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,213,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So? Was the meeting about money?

I can't imagine why any American would continue to vote for a politician who is bought & paid for like Hillary Clinton. And yet here you are making argument for that. .
Thats what I'm scratching my head over..

waaaa, Koch gives money....

waaa. Koch doesnt give money..

The left is nothing but a bunch of babies anymore..

Old 08-01-2016, 07:03 PM

4,589 posts, read 3,420,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
^ ^ ^

Republicans and conservatives denouncing their once-beloved sugar-daddies, the Koch Brothers.

Priceless.
One of the biggest complaints my liberal CA friends had about the GOP was "all the Koch brothers money", I don't see their decision as a bad thing for the Presidential race.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:04 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,723,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Koch has worked for years with a group of 400-500 very wealthy, like- minded donors to lobby for issues important to them, free trade and smaller federal government.

They pledged nearly $1 billion in Superpac funding, most of which was earmarked for the presidential election.

Koch announced they are not endorsing Trump citing his rhetoric about Mexicans, Muslims, opposition to free trade and smaller government.

They will focus on key Senate races for candidates who support free trade and smaller government.

This is a huge blow to the RNC.
this is perfect, it proves trump can't be bought.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:08 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,435,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
this is perfect, it proves trump can't be bought.
What it proves is that he can't win. He's so toxic that he's driving people away that would typically always be in the R corner.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
What it proves is that he can't win. He's so toxic that he's driving people away that would typically always be in the R corner.
he's not really toxic, if you wade through all the people who are on hillary's 'payroll' and all the biased news organizations you can see the truth...i don't expect small minded people to be able to do that though so you're probably right that he can't win, americans aren't the smartest bunch going, hopefully they surprise me.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:10 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,225,248 times
The left is applauding the Koch brothers? Hahaaa. This is how you know Trump will win. Not bought and paid for my the Kochs? A beautiful thing because that argument is now over.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
The left is applauding the Koch brothers? Hahaaa. This is how you know Trump will win. Not bought and paid for my the Kochs? A beautiful thing because that argument is now over.
thank you

Old 08-01-2016, 07:12 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,435,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
he's not really toxic<snip>
Of course he is.

He's managed to alienate just about everyone except his core base of old angry white men with his outlandish behavior and insults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections