Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 06:23 PM

529 posts, read 370,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Who said it has to be 75%? If you live in a state that leans heavily in the opposite direction that you vote in, you waste your vote. If polls say it is close in your state come election day then your vote might make a difference. If polls say it is close in Maryland for a republican presidential hopeful, then he is going to win enough other states, such that he doesn't need your help.

This is ridiculous "logic".

If polls say that Maryland could actually go red, and you think to yourself, "meh, he'll win enough other states"??

If Maryland was a tossup it would be the best and most compelling reason to NOT throw your vote away.

I could agree with your premise if you live in Oklahoma, which has been labeled "the reddest state in the nation" and you are pro Hillary, or if you live in Massachusetts, the "bluest state" and were leaning Trump, then yeah I could buy it.

What you wrote above is silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 06:32 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,096,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
This is ridiculous "logic".

If polls say that Maryland could actually go red, and you think to yourself, "meh, he'll win enough other states"??

If Maryland was a tossup it would be the best and most compelling reason to NOT throw your vote away.

I could agree with your premise if you live in Oklahoma, which has been labeled "the reddest state in the nation" and you are pro Hillary, or if you live in Massachusetts, the "bluest state" and were leaning Trump, then yeah I could buy it.

What you wrote above is silly.
You are obviously not from Maryland! Maryland rivals Massachusetts for being the bluest state. I've lived in both states, by the way, so I know what I am talking about..

The only time in recent years that a Republican has been elected governor in Maryland is when the democrats nominated a woman or an African American to run for governor. Now, that is a story for another thread in another forum, as to why, in a heavily leaning democratic state, a woman or an African American cannot garner enough votes from the 2-1 democrat to republican registered voters. And the Dems say the Republicans are racist! Ha!

If the polls say Maryland is close, then the national polls would be showing Trump winning in most of the other states. That logic escaped you somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections