Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 07:19 AM

8,641 posts, read 10,171,625 times

Advertisements

During this election season, do you agree with everything your party does or stands for, and if not, what are you doing to try to change it?

The floor is yours...

Last edited by AZLiam; 08-02-2016 at 07:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 07:22 AM

25,983 posts, read 22,176,776 times
It is easier to deflect to Trump just like they do here in the forum if you ask a question about the party.

They "lie or deflect". How on earth would they clean it up especially when more keeps getting piled on top of what they already have?

Old 08-02-2016, 07:26 AM

21,171 posts, read 19,774,934 times
Liberals don't clean up their yards, they pay illegal immigrants $2 an hour to do it.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:30 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,991,790 times
They don't have to "clean up" anything.
The pro-obama/pro-hillary forces do not admit to any problems. Therefore, there is nothing to "clean up".
obama has never said anything that wasn't perfectly true. No "clean up" required!
hillary has never told a lie, and has never been convicted of any wrong-doing. No "clean up" required.
ANY problems there may be are obviously the fault of the Republicans. No "clean up" required on the part of any democrat!
Besides, they are too busy proving to the world how terrible trump is; they don't have time to "clean up" their own act.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:35 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,152,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
The floor is yours...
First of all it's not nearly as dirty as yours. Secondly, gives us the senate and house back from repub control/blocking and we'll turn this Country around even more than we have.

Typical repub strategy is to block everything the Dems are trying to get done then cry about lack of progress.

Immigration and Infrastructure are two of the most glaring examples of Repub intransigence.

Get real.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:38 AM

8,641 posts, read 10,171,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
First of all it's not nearly as dirty as yours. Secondly, gives us the senate and house back from repub control/blocking and we'll turn this Country around even more than we have.

Typical repub strategy is to block everything the Dems are trying to get done then cry about lack of progress.

Immigration and Infrastructure are two of the most glaring examples of Repub intransigence.

Get real.
Don't speak for me. I'm not a Republican. I am an Independent. What are Dems trying to get done? How are you holding individuals within your own party accountable?

Old 08-02-2016, 07:46 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,780,185 times
Quote:
During this election season, do you agree with everything your party does or stands for, and if not, what are you doing to try to change it?

The floor is yours...
No. And actually, I never have. There's never been a D presidential candidate that is as liberal as I'd like. I voted for Bill Clinton and Obama knowing that they weren't as liberal as I wanted, but they were the left-most electable candidates in their races.

What do I do about it? Well, most recently, I supported Sanders. Which demonstrated to all and sundry that there is a growing number of voters, especially younger voters, who are ready for more liberal policies. And guess what? Clinton and other party leaders heard us and incorporated much of Sanders' positions into the official D platform.

Now I'm well aware that party platforms are often vaporware. If Clinton wins, it will be up to me, among others, to push her to deliver. And I fully intend to do that.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:34 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,152,411 times
Quote:
Don't speak for me. I'm not a Republican. I am an Independent. What are Dems trying to get done? How are you holding individuals within your own party accountable?
I was speaking for me not you but sorry you took it that way.

Dem Agenda - just a few:

Infrastructure spending to create jobs and repair our crumbling highways,bridges,airports,etc

Relief to individuals struggling with student debt - a major problem and ticking time bomb

Shoring up Social Security Retirement Fund

Passage of an Immigration policy - especially the Dreamers

Free Community College for all

$15 minimum wage for all

Continuing war on Isis and terrorism

Filling the supreme court vacancy

Getting out of Afghanistan

BTW all of these are currently being blocked by the Repubs.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:41 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,828,921 times
Honestly, I think they do not to clean the yard but not at this moment. The GOP is in far worse shape and they need to figure things out themselves. Not until the GOP figures out what its going to do, then the Democratics won't be doing so much cleaning.

Even with the corruption and scandals of the Dems, the GOP is more in shambles and falling apart. Since this is the case, the Dems problems, are not as important because people are able to overlook those problems due to the GOP's MUCH MUCH bigger problems. I am not saying ok, but when one party has some cleaning to do, and the other one is literally falling apart, that one that has to do cleaning can certainly hold off because they are in the better position.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Oh, dear. We are very busy trying to win a Presidential election, Senate and Congressional seats. Fully concentrated on that.

Unfortunately, your candidate seems unable to focus on same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections