Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 06:31 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,236,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post
Weird part is, for all the republicans' repudiating trump's statements, they aren't withdrawing their endorsements. They're in a pickle.

Here's how a real statesman sees it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n72va7ZlRHs

Mr. Trump -- you could not shine this guy's ^ shoes!
Why would he want to that anyway!?

IMO the mental health question should be put with most of the Congress, Media and other people who would vote for and want to award Hillary the presidency who has in her political life lied, stole, murdered, etc....,

Old 08-03-2016, 06:38 AM

57,398 posts, read 26,458,152 times
When this election is over and we look back at this election his supporters are going to look very bad.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:40 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,620,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Joe Scarborough says he's been fielding calls from numerous officials, bloggers, and politicians expressing concerns that there's something wrong with Trump's behavior:

https://youtu.be/PxC8P-3uajU?t=34s
We've been questioning Trumps mentality for over a year. What took Joe so long?

Old 08-03-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When this election is over and we look back at this election his supporters are going to look very bad.
None will admit they supported him unless Clinton completely bombs as Potus, then they'll come out of the woodwork again......

Old 08-03-2016, 06:44 AM

68,409 posts, read 54,706,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Why would he want to that anyway!?

IMO the mental health question should be put with most of the Congress, Media and other people who would vote for and want to award Hillary the presidency who has in her political life lied, stole, murdered, etc....,
Date of conviction(s)?

Or just more unsupported by anything factual BS from Donny's fans?

BTW, Donny lies like a rug but that's OK, eh?

Old 08-03-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post
Weird part is, for all the republicans' repudiating trump's statements, they aren't withdrawing their endorsements. They're in a pickle.

Here's how a real statesman sees it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n72va7ZlRHs

Mr. Trump -- you could not shine this guy's ^ shoes!
Well spoken. Didn't use a teleprompter, did he? Faux Newz must be upset that it's candidate seems to be fading.....

Old 08-03-2016, 06:56 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,374,843 times
After a blip in their ratings, FNC is back on top of the ratings

This week's cable ratings - Media Life Magazine

And for good reason. I flipped between the three cable news channels this morning. For a solid 30 minutes CNN and MSNBC bashed on Trump this morning, alternating between fear-mongering, shrill hysteria and this weird fake head-shaking grief. I now see where the Dems and progs get their daily talking points.

The whole purpose of these morning shows was to create a background of fear and panic to override any sensible conversation about Trump.

On the other hand FOX discussed Trump sanely, had some back to school thing for young mothers, and in general did a balanced morning news show that didn't leave me feeling the last days of America were on us.

Obama did his best to f'ck up this country, but he only managed to destroy the medical and coal industry. Even he with his massive ego had to deal with Congress, and Trump will too.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:56 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,369,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It is no secret and even Trump supporters wish someone could get him to think before he speaks, but as for the topic of the thread, Joe is a liberal and he is never going to have many positive things to say about Trump now that the primaries are over. I am certainly not going to judge whether Trump is losing it, I do have to wonder if he really wants to be president. Of course I have wondered this from day one. There is something just not right about the entire thing.
Scarborough is a lifelong Republican, and was a Gingrich Republican when he was in Congress. Until Trump went completely off the rails, he was supportive and gave him pretty much unlimited airtime.

The fact that he has joined the growing number of Republicans who recognize that Donnie is not fit to be President doesn't make him a liberal.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Date of conviction(s)?

Or just more unsupported by anything factual BS from Donny's fans?

BTW, Donny lies like a rug but that's OK, eh?

He lies like a rug and he wears one too. Perfect fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
But he has been emboldened by some people actually applauding the ridiculous antics and things he says. He loves the limelight, it is his drug of choice. He is on that drug high right now. He feels invincible and that he can get away with anything, regardless of how crass or out of bounds. If you watch his rallies, his people will applaud even the most hateful comment, regardless of who it is leveled at.

Dr. Drew said something last night that made sense. He said (I'll paraphrase) "Rather than look at Trump, I think we should be looking at US. What is it in US that makes some of us think the things Trump says and does is ok, regardless of how harmful or mean they might be ?"

A few weeks ago, I had a customer who started (for God knows why) ranting about how bad this country is and how Trump is going to fix everything. I was curious to get into his head, so I asked him some questions, and pushed a little for answers. At the end, all I got was:

1) Trump is rich and didn't get there by not being very smart.

2) Trump did not say all those things he was caught lying about. He was "misquoted" and the words were taken out of context.

It was like talking to a wall. No matter what I said about Trump, he planted his feet and refused to hear it.

Maybe Dr. Drew had a point, Trump is only the instrument........we need to look deeper.

Don

I think Trump thought he would fly by the seat of his pants in the General as he did in the primaries. Completely different audience who is not inclined to put up with his silly antics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Narcissistic? Seems like a fancy word for Winner

Then you don't know what it means. Or maybe you're being sarcastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I haven't been able to find the info on the net, but I would think Ivanna raised the oldest 3 kids,, Ivanka, Donald, Jr., and Eric. Tiffany is Marla Maples' daughter, so I'd guess Marla raised her. So what is it that supposedly makes Trump such a great dad?
They both admit that; Ivana turned over the finished product and Donald put them to work.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:47 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,324,796 times
Default Questioning Trump's sanity?

‘Is Donald Trump plain crazy?’ Big-name writers now questioning GOP nominee’s sanity

Quote:
Dylan Stableford
Senior editor
August 2, 2016

Is Donald Trump insane?

That’s the question being asked in recent days by prominent columnists, both liberal and conservative, about the Republican presidential nominee.

“During the primary season, as Donald Trump’s bizarre outbursts helped him crush the competition, I thought he was being crazy like a fox,” Eugene Robinson wrote in an op-ed (“Is Donald Trump just plain crazy?”) published Tuesday in the Washington Post.

“Now I am increasingly convinced that he’s just plain crazy,” Robinson continued. “I’m serious about that. Leave aside for the moment Trump’s policies, which in my opinion range from the unconstitutional to the un-American to the potentially catastrophic. At this point, it would be irresponsible to ignore the fact that Trump’s grasp on reality appears to be tenuous at best.”

Robinson was not the only newspaper writer to recently ask such a blunt question about Trump’s fitness for office.

“One wonders if Republican leaders have begun to realize that they may have hitched their fate and the fate of their party to a man with a disordered personality,” Robert Kagan, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, wrote in a separate Washington Post editorial on Monday. “We can leave it to the professionals to determine exactly what to call it. Suffice to say that Donald Trump’s response to the assorted speakers at the Democratic National Convention has not been rational.”
Continues on site above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections