Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 11:57 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,819,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Joe seems to have a personal vendetta against Trump. The attacks seem sinister and not based on any truth.
Actually it is a "vicious" attack so Trump has a "right" to reply on twitter to "defend" himself.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:02 PM

549 posts, read 294,362 times
The way trump lies so readily and so recklessly tells me that something is a little "off" in there.

He's not even good at it, yet he's so quick to do it... and he doesn't know (or care) that his past statements refuting his current statements are all on video...

Reckless, glib and easy liar, narcissistic... Classic sociopath.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:03 PM

622 posts, read 413,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
A little dramatic aren't we?

The change in Scarborough is slow and methodical.

Joe S, was almost slavishly supportive of Trump until he got the nomination. So supportive was he that there were guests like Kristol who would state on the air that saying anything against Trump was not the right thing to do on his program. Katrina Van Heuvel (sp?) of the the Nation actually accused the media of "media malpratice" because of the publicity they were giving Trump and she included Scarborough.

There was even a "scandal" of sorts because Joe and Mika were allegedly guests at Trump's suite somewhere during a debate or town hall meeting raising questions about their objectivity.

I watch the show regularly while working out at the gym and I was struck by the switch that took place because it was so marked. I don't know the motivation - there has been speculation that the brass at MSNBC gave them their marching orders once he was nominated but I don't know if there is any basis for this suggestion.

The main thing is that Trump's over the top statements and allegations were nothing new and it was going on right through from the time he announced his intention to seek the nomination.

BTW, I am no supporter of Trump ....... but then I think Hillary Clinton is just as offensive a candidate for different reasons.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:29 PM

26,210 posts, read 19,614,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Joe Scarborough says he's been fielding calls from numerous officials, bloggers, and politicians expressing concerns that there's something wrong with Trump's behavior:

https://youtu.be/PxC8P-3uajU?t=34s
I'm sorry, I just gotta say..........ya think?

Old 08-02-2016, 12:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
I saw Joe this morning, and there is no vendetta or visciousness to his comments. He seems honestly distressed by the behavior of someone he has known for over 10 years. He speaks to the family regularly and he said Trump is not listening to them any longer. Also Scarborough seems concerned about how this behavior will affect the future and reputations of the kids.

This is no joke and it was not being said with animosity--more like concern.

Trump is behaving as if he is having a breakdown or has other mental issues. I think the thing that is driving it is being criticized. He is not used to having anyone in his bubble attack or criticize him and it is literally pushing him over the edge. In addition, he is well aware that he is making dumb mistakes and answering questions poorly--probably freaks him out. He's in over his head.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:54 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,374,843 times
I didn’t realize so many psychoanalysts posted on CD.

To keep it simple for the eggheads here...Trump hasn't changed, his coverage by the MSM has changed.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:57 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,888,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Joe Scarborough says he's been fielding calls from numerous officials, bloggers, and politicians expressing concerns that there's something wrong with Trump's behavior:

https://youtu.be/PxC8P-3uajU?t=34s
I honestly do feel Trump has adult ADHD. He is hyper impulsive and can't seem to control himself. I never thought of this until recently, a friend of mine who has ADHD and who is an adult said that Trump needs to take some adderall cause he has some ADHD symptoms lol (or, this friend said, he needs to smoke a joint so he can slow down his speaking before he thinks).

Old 08-02-2016, 01:00 PM

465 posts, read 258,870 times
All jokes aside, part of me believes that he is either running as a favor to the Clintons and purposely running the worst campaign ever, or, he is, in fact under some mental duress. He is 70 after all, and not exactly the picture of good health.

I've seen and heard past interviews where he was very lucid and sharp, now he just repeats the same words (terrific, yuge, very, big) over and over again without ever making a clear point. If he has, in fact, flown over the cuckoo's nest, I'll take back all the mean things I've said about him. I can live with myself for making fun of a jackass, but if he's a mentally ill jackass, then that's just wrong.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:01 PM

549 posts, read 294,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Even conservatives are becoming alarmed.

In the Weekly Standard (hardly a liberal rag), Stephen Hayes wrote "this isn't the behavior of a rational, stable individual. It should embarrass those who have endorsed him and disgrace those who have attempted to normalize him."

Donald Trump Is Crazy, and So Is the GOP for Embracing Him | The Weekly Standard
Weird part is, for all the republicans' repudiating trump's statements, they aren't withdrawing their endorsements. They're in a pickle.

Here's how a real statesman sees it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n72va7ZlRHs

Mr. Trump -- you could not shine this guy's ^ shoes!

Old 08-02-2016, 01:02 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I didn’t realize so many psychoanalysts posted on CD.

To keep it simple for the eggheads here...Trump hasn't changed, his coverage by the MSM has changed.
You nailed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections