Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 03:27 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,466,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
It's funny how Trump insults everyone and everything but some of his supporters are so fragile. Why dish it out if you can't take it.
I suspect it's the low income/low education aspect of his followers. I mean, with the amount of time they spend on this forum with their mauled English and irrational attempt at sober didactics, they reek of low performing personages. Sigh. Maybe income/education levels should be a factor in voting rights. That, or Trump handed out a slew of Chromebooks to nut houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 03:31 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,349,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I suspect it's the low income/low education aspect of his followers. I mean, with the amount of time they spend on this forum with their mauled English and irrational attempt at sober didactics, they reek of low performing personages. Sigh. Maybe income/education levels should
be a factor in voting rights. That, or Trump handed out a slew of Chromebooks to nut houses.

It is amazing that Trump supporters think he would actually be better for our economy. Trump would ruin the economy, look at his track record. Trump does not understand money or how the economy works.

When it comes to foreign policy, when you look at Hillarys record, how can you not support her? She has a great track record around the world.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:03 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,291,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I think I'll take Forbes's word over yours.

I look forward to seeing your calculations for that.
I don't care who's word you take, my opinion is still different from yours. I question if Trump is even questions billionaire. No need to see my calculations, others like Forbes have already done that math that shows if Trump had done nothing with his daddy's money, he would have more today than he claims he has. Of course no point in proving this to you since you probably believe Trump when he says he's worth $10 billion.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:07 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,334,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
This is the same president who yukked it up taking selfies during Nelson Mandelas memorial service while representing our country? Bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia?

Yep. I Care what Pres Obama thinks of who is fit to be president...not

Old 08-02-2016, 04:12 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,291,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
This is the same president who yukked it up taking selfies during Nelson Mandelas memorial service while representing our country? Bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia?

Yep. I Care what Pres Obama thinks of who is fit to be president...not
Neither of those things were issues, the selfies weren't taken while the memorial service was going on. As for bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia, would you prefer he hold his hand and kiss him like Bush did? Cultures that consider bowing to each other being a respectable practice makes sense to bow.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:20 PM

17,496 posts, read 9,317,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
IMO, the worst part of obama's statements is that he was sharing the podium with a FOREIGN HEAD OF STATE: the Prime Minister of Indonesia!
obama should NOT be airing OUR "dirty laundry" in front of such a person!
THAT, IMO, is disgusting. But then, what else can one expect from him?
"Yes, I think the Republican nominee is unfit to serve as president," Obama said Tuesday at a press conference with the prime minister of Singapore. "Enough is Enough - Republican leaders should withdraw endorsement of Trump"

( I could almost hear the voice of Henry the II saying “Can no one rid me of this meddlesome priest”? We know what happened to Becket.)

It's not the first time Obama has made a Fool of himself on the International Stage by attempting to Undermine our Election process. I've never seen a President in my Life-Time make such egregious statements about a USA Election while traveling abroad and meeting with Foreign Leaders and Press.
Obama's Reckless Overseas Attack on Trump - May 26, 2016

Prime Minister Lee is a Class Act - he put Obama in his place with his answer about Donald Trump: [i]"I don't think this is the right forum — or indeed, there is any right forum for me to talk about U.S. politics in public at this moment."

But he did say the relationship between the two countries would likely continue. "After the elections, in a calmer, cooler atmosphere, positions are rethought, strategies are nuanced, and a certain balance is kept in the direction of the ship of state. It does not turn completely upside down," he said.

"The Americans take pride in having a system with checks and balances. So, it is not so easy to do things, but it is not so easy to completely mess things up," Lee said. "We admire that, and sometimes we depend upon that."[i]

I would add that the last question from the press came to PM Lee from a Singapore Reporter - a small question at the end to Obama about his regrets/legacy. Obama grabbed that question from PM Lee, spoke at length on the Lee part, ignored his part (he is Mr Perfect with no regrets) and ended the Press Conference. It was obvious that Prime Minister Lee was extremely bright, very proper and serious about this Visit & Anniversary. He made Obama look like the very small StompyFoot boor that he is.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:02 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,873,901 times
Let's also point out that he said this in a news conference alongside the PM of Singapore.

This guy has no class, and loves to make this country look weak in the eyes of the world. Let's not forget how he's chosen to insinuate himself into this election in a way that a sitting second-term president has never done before. He's even campaigning for Hillary. Well, sort of. His appearances on her her behalf are curiously short of her accomplishments and long on Trump attacks.

Obama is scared poopless. Make no mistake: This is all about his "third term." And one he'd just as soon not have had to entrust to Hillary Clinton.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:52 AM

381 posts, read 177,878 times
I voted for this crook Obama in 2008. His continuous attacks on Trump have solidified my vote for November I will not have voting for Hillary on my conscience; no way, no how.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections