Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 11:24 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
So you concede that you don't know and that all vets don't feel the same about everything?
I concede that I don't know what my next door neighbor thinks. So what? Does that mean I can't have an opinion? There are several veterans in my family. My Dad served in WWII, my uncle in Korea and my fiancee died in Vietnam. Trump makes a mockery of their service to our country.

Now you are trolling me. So it's time to stop this back & forth.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:26 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,960,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I concede that I don't know what my next door neighbor thinks. So what? Does that mean I can't have an opinion? There are several veterans in my family. My Dad served in WWII, my uncle in Korea and my fiancee died in Vietnam. Trump makes a mockery of their service to our country.

Now you are trolling me. So it's time to stop this back & forth.
You can totally have an opinion! I disagree with your opinion about mockery and such.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:06 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,590,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Trump - DRAFT DODGER- He had a bad toe. Boohoo. Trump is a coward.
You spelled his name correctly.

You correctly described his previous medical condition.

Your last two sentences probably = correct sentiments (I don't care, I'm not a Trump supporter).

Capitalizing DRAFT DODGER doesn't make it any less a lie.

As another poster correctly noted (as a criticism), Trump got multiple deferments.

People can deride both with equal measure if they wish (being a dodger, and obtaining deferments), but they are different things entirely and equal derision doesn't make calling one the other any more correct.

Khan was on CNN with Anderson Cooper a few hours ago restating the draft dodger line again. People shouldn't make accusations unless they have the facts straight. Of course some might have the facts straight, but just don't care because they would rather lie to further a particular agenda than tell the truth.

Some might say 'Trump doesn't care about being accurate, so why should people criticizing him care about being accurate'. That is 'little kid logic'.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:09 AM

How many people received deferments?

Deferment = draft dodger = terrible person?

Sounds like it might be insulting to a lot of people.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:38 AM

549 posts, read 293,047 times
Quote:
How many people received deferments?

Deferment = draft dodger = terrible person?

Sounds like it might be insulting to a lot of people.
No -- only the self-described "most militaristic guy you've ever seen", who wants to "go after the families of terrorists" and torture "even if it doesn't work."

In that case ^, draft dodger = terrible person...

He's a classic chicken hawk...

...And his sons take up guns and head overseas to shoot helpless leopards and elephants, posing like mr. macho with their severed tails in hand (phallic-like), while other guys ship out to iraq and afghanistan...

The sons of "most militaristic guy you've ever seen" didn't think of serving (or even donating those thousands of $$ they spent on safari to better causes).

The trumps are classic chicken hawks... War is an action movie to these guys.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:45 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,480,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post
No -- only the self-described "most militaristic guy you've ever seen", who wants to "go after the families of terrorists" and torture "even if it doesn't work."

...And his sons take up guns and head overseas to shoot helpless leopards and elephants, posing like mr. macho with their severed tails in hand (phallic-like), while other guys ship out to iraq and afghanistan...

The sons of "most militaristic guy you've ever seen" didn't think of serving (or even donating those thousands of $$ they spent on safari to better causes).

Wow! Did trump actually refer to himself in that way?! (Bold) LOL. I guess I missed that one. Easy to do with the sheer volume...

Can't rep you again, but spot on!

Old 08-03-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post

Your logic makes no sense.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:59 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,187,467 times
This story is going to stick around for days. Lots of veterans starting to speak about it:

Tammy Duckworth Joins Purple Heart Veterans Blasting Trump for 'Repugnant' Comments - ABC News

Old 08-03-2016, 02:22 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,640,570 times
Trump acted like a child with the Purple Heart. He even said the not so bright liked him. I'm inclined to believe the not so bright makes up most of his followers. You can see the lights are on and nobody's home.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:26 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,709,907 times
Quote:
So you concede that you don't know and that all vets don't feel the same about everything?
It turns out that the event was taped and that, even if not all veterans in existence were "in the room", it turns out that "in the room" is a concept that got expanded to "anyone with a TV, newspaper, friend who mentioned it, or the internet".

A lot of veterans - and others, because it isn't just veterans who have a problem with this - feel sufficiently that how trump responded was 'crass, tasteless, selfish, ... insert whatever word they have used...' to speak up about it. Having an event taped and shown to the general public does a wonderful thing - it allows those who were not "in the room" to react and respond to what transpired "in the room".

As far as the truism that "all vets don't feel the same about everything"... that concept applies to everyone, everywhere. All liberals, all women, all muslims, all conservatives, all those in any other specific demographic, all those in any of the political parties. Again, it seems that a lot of people within all those descriptors feel differently about the possibility of trump as president than you do. Your opinion is not the only one that matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections