Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 09:18 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,397,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You notice that too? I always hear these like with amateur radio SHTF conspiracies and how government is going after hamm operators. I don't think Trump gave life to a lot of this, just a face.
That's a great way of putting it, actually... he gave "a face" to this trend. He put it front and centre. Well, maybe that's for the best in the long run, no one can beat around the bush and avoid discussing it now... the conspiracy theorists are a force to contend with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I never said you were a racist.
You said "Why do you judge people by the colour of their skin?" So, yes, you accused me of racism.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:44 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,432,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
You said "Why do you judge people by the colour of their skin?" So, yes, you accused me of racism.
O.K. so why do you? You don't have to answer. Your attempt here is obvious. It's a sad, old, worn out attempt to demean others when you have no legitimate argument.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
O.K. so why do you? You don't have to answer. Your attempt here is obvious. It's a sad, old, worn out attempt to demean others when you have no legitimate argument.
First you say I'm a racist, then you deny saying it, then you say it again. I had no argument to make in the first place, I merely made an observation, and asked a question: Why is the U.S. Green Party so overwhelmingly white? It's interesting that you find the question "demeaning" and "illegitimate"... it gets under your skin for some reason. Yet it's a question worth asking especially of a party so overtly concerned with quotas and diversity. That's the Green Party's own agenda--I didn't create it.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:41 AM

12,084 posts, read 5,976,315 times
The Green party question was not asked to start a race issue. I've asked similar questions myself just out of curiosity so I think that's gone too far - but to the person who did ask the question - I too was under the impression that most of Stein's supporters were young white or white tree huggers until I googled images of some of her rallies - and there are a good % of blacks supporting her.

Can Jill Stein Capitalize on Alienated Sanders Delegates?

Old 08-07-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The Green party question was not asked to start a race issue. I've asked similar questions myself just out of curiosity so I think that's gone too far - but to the person who did ask the question - I too was under the impression that most of Stein's supporters were young white or white tree huggers until I googled images of some of her rallies - and there are a good % of blacks supporting her.

Can Jill Stein Capitalize on Alienated Sanders Delegates?
Some of their more prominent candidates have been former members of the Black Panthers (Malik Rahim, Elaine Brown, Aaron Dixon), so they seem to draw very different crowds depending upon the location of the rally. They lack substantial geographic representation however... they aren't on the ticket in many states. This would explain a big part of their problem.

They have elected a handful of officials at the local, municipal level... like onto city councils, school boards, etc. Still, in the last presidential election they only managed to get 0.36% of the national vote. They have no winning candidates at the state level either.

Why they get as much press in this election as they're getting is a bit surprising, given the track record.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:46 AM

38,926 posts, read 24,043,702 times
Quote:
Some of their more prominent candidates have been former members of the Black Panthers (Malik Rahim, Elaine Brown, Aaron Dixon), so they seem to draw very different crowds depending upon the location of the rally. They lack substantial geographic representation however... they aren't on the ticket in many states. This would explain a big part of their problem.

They have elected a handful of officials at the local, municipal level... like onto city councils, school boards, etc. Still, in the last presidential election they only managed to get 0.36% of the national vote. They have no winning candidates at the state level either.

Why they get as much press in this election as they're getting is a bit surprising, given the track record.
I actually vote green for corporation commission since they set up energy policy in my county. Mainly because they could effect change. Stein, I honestly don't know what she could do as president and has far too little reach to get the 5% since it is likely a 15% to 20% increase she would need this year to put into the territory to get federal funding. And this is without being on the debate stage.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:32 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,641,657 times
Quote:
First you say I'm a racist, then you deny saying it, then you say it again. I had no argument to make in the first place, I merely made an observation, and asked a question: Why is the U.S. Green Party so overwhelmingly white? It's interesting that you find the question "demeaning" and "illegitimate"... it gets under your skin for some reason. Yet it's a question worth asking especially of a party so overtly concerned with quotas and diversity. That's the Green Party's own agenda--I didn't create it.
It is a question that many have asked. So, yes, a legitimate question.

Quote:
Stein's Russian sympathies are creating some buzz now. She's pretty open about them.

She attended an anniversary dinner for RT (Russia Today network) in Russia in December 2015 with Putin and an ally of Trump's, Gen. Mike Flynn. She's said that Edward Snowden, now living in Russia, would be in her cabinet if she had the choice. She's criticized Ukraine over the Crimea, and her VP running mate Ajamu Baraka has spoken out to say Russia was unfairly blamed for the shooting down of that airliner over Ukraine in 2014. Coming up, Assange from Wikileaks is going to speak at a Stein event... it just keeps coming. Stein is worse than fringe, I don't know who in the U.S. would be a fan of this craziness. Weird as anything.

Here's Stein cheering for Putin and his regime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Qhx2ON8RE
Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Anyone who doesn't make Billionaires aand Big Pharma super-rich is labeled as fringe by the Clintoids. Corrupt government, for Clintoids, is the beautiful mainstream of thought.
How about addressing the meat of that post? Ukraine? Crimea? Snowden? Assange?

Old 08-07-2016, 09:37 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,654,603 times
Red baiting from the neo-liberals.

History has made a complete return to the McCarthy Era but now the neo-librrals are doing the Red baiting.

Why? Same ole reason. Money.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:30 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,432,457 times
Quote:

They are getting so much press because Hillary and Trump suck as the only choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections