Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know why we can't use nuclear weapons?
Yes 7 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 06:07 PM

7,706 posts, read 5,596,941 times

Advertisements

The words used in the article were "foreign policy briefing by an expert." When I read that I wondered if the expert was an academic and the meeting was arranged by Trump's campaign earlier this year. Obviously someone else was in the room for the story to leak. Would that have been the case if secret government information was being revealed?

Last edited by cdnirene; 08-03-2016 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 06:12 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,245,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
The words used in the article were "foreign policy briefing by an expert." When I read that I wondered if the expert was an academic and the meeting was arranged by Trump's campaign earlier this year. Obviously someone else was in the room for the story to leak. Would that the the case if secret government information was being revealed?
One has to listen to hear. It was clearly stated that it is a briefing, which did not include sensitive information as it relates to what, how, when or by which means or which actions we take or will take, or plan to develop. a BRIEFING to identify a list of situations. Nothing more is privy until one sits in the Seat as President.

It is a briefing. BRIEFING= the action of informing.

Our government has been operating with good performance for 100's of years, one should know they are not novices at this. The disdain ONE Candidate has for and about the system, does not invalidate the system.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:16 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,259,282 times
People who were actually in the room were on the Hannity show today and they said this was a lie.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:18 PM

1,268 posts, read 803,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
People who were actually in the room were on the Hannity show today and they said this was a lie.
Well, the general said it. I watched it this morning. Are you saying the general lied?

Old 08-03-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Well, the general said it. I watched it this morning. Are you saying the general lied?
Lets see the video.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:25 PM

1,268 posts, read 803,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Lets see the video.

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough: Trump Asked "Three Times In An Hour Briefing, 'Why Can't We Use Nuclear Weapons?'"

Read the transcript below too. Why do you think General Hayden scared of a Trump? Hmmmm. Remember when you guys used to scream no one listened to the military and they knew things!!! Your move.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:27 PM

63,917 posts, read 46,960,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What would be the point? I doubt he has the capacity to understand it.

The Republicans need to pull his candidacy and replace him with somebody else--anybody else. No other candidate who appeared on the stage with Trump during the primaries would have to ask the question, "But why can't I just nuke em??" Any one of them would be acceptable as a sane replacement. (Well, with the exception of that one other know-nothing, Carson.)

But the GOP is a party of cowards. You know they want to do it, but they lack the guts.
Neither party can execute a " do over" .

Old 08-03-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough: Trump Asked "Three Times In An Hour Briefing, 'Why Can't We Use Nuclear Weapons?'"

Read the transcript below too. Why do you think General Hayden scared of a Trump? Hmmmm. Remember when you guys used to scream no one listened to the military and they knew things!!! Your move.
SCARBOROUGH: I have to follow up with that, I'll be careful here. Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump, and three times he asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked, at one point, "If we have them, why can't we use them?"

Is this what you're talking about? It looks like a claim made by Scarborough, which was called a lie by people who were actually in the room with Trump.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:46 PM

63,917 posts, read 46,960,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
What was the lure that got their support for Trump. Was it just the " Wall " and his celebrity ? But even if so, why the " Cult of Trump " ? They are loyal, they would kill for him as he joked once. Why is he the cult leader ?
Offshoring of jobs was and remain YUGE.

Yet the base does not seem to care all Trump retail goods are made offshore in Mexico, China, VietNam, Thailand and Bangladesh were the average wage is . 33/hr and the concept of childhood does not exist.

The Trump org applies for and recieves H2B visas and brings in foreign workers for seasonal, non- agriculture work instead of hiring US workers. He defends this practice due to a shortage of workers in season in Palm Beach? Despite recruiting and hiring foreign workers who travel thousands of miles to the job site, the org might look a tad beyond the city of Palm Beach.

Trump is on the record for his intention to make it easier for Mexicans to be legally employed in the US.
Trump favors increasing foreign worker visas.

I do not track those who buy into the rhetoric and dismiss very real business decisions to the contrary.

One would think that a nominee running on a anti - offshoring platform would cut all ties with foreign countries and bring those jobs home- you know- Walk the Talk.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:50 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,545,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The thing is, we didn't hear Trump say anything of the sort. Joe Scarborough said it, and it perfectly feeds into the wall of fear and anxiety MSNBC and CNN are trying to create about Trump.

And you people trip all over yourselves believing it.
I just got in, and I haven't read through all the posts. The question is, did Trump deny it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections