Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know why we can't use nuclear weapons?
Yes 7 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 09:14 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,374,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Has any proof whatsoever been found on this or is it just another story?
No proof.

Democrats and their allies in the MSM are in fear mongering mode. It's working on Democrats that's for sure. Look how shrill and hysterical their posts have become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 09:25 AM

8,326 posts, read 3,978,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And he asks three times. He genuinely doesn't understand why he can't just nuke anybody he wants to.

Let me repeat that--he genuinely doesn't understand why he can't just nuke anybody he wants to.

Okay, cult, spin that one.
Are you kidding me? Most of the members of the cult as as uninformed and crazy as Trump himself. They have no idea what it means to the world, or to THEM if we chose to use nukes. And there are plenty of them that do understand what it means and STILL advocate their use. It's all a Hollywood fantasy, they might wake up one day if their city was incinerated or their continent is irradiated, but of course it will be too late then. These people actually believe you can WIN a nuclear war.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:32 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,042,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Are you kidding me? Most of the members of the cult as as uninformed and crazy as Trump himself. They have no idea what it means to the world, or to THEM if we chose to use nukes. And there are plenty of them that do understand what it means and STILL advocate their use. It's all a Hollywood fantasy, they might wake up one day if their city was incinerated or their continent is irradiated, but of course it will be too late then. These people actually believe you can WIN a nuclear war.
Exactly.

Look, who knows if the interview being talked about in this thread is true or not. The fact remains that Trump's ridiculous and scary "I'm not taking any cards off the table" stance still stands.

Donald Trump: Sure, I Might Use Nuclear Weapons In Europe. Hell, I Might Use Them In Chicago, Too.

(clickbait) ...but remember the town hall with Chris Mathews? Yes, another MSNBC host but Mathews isn't as leftist as the others on that channel.
~amanda

Old 08-04-2016, 12:57 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,245,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
No proof.

Democrats and their allies in the MSM are in fear mongering mode. It's working on Democrats that's for sure. Look how shrill and hysterical their posts have become.
Are you actually reading the same material we are??? I think not.

Maybe its the mentality frame of basis which one is utilizing to interpret, that has you seeing things in a perspective that is very far from the CONTEXT and PERSPECTIVE it is presented.

Even the Republican Party thinks the man has come even more un-hinged, and still you don't see anything to be of concern about

Trump had the audacity to tell the followers, that "he could shoot someone in Time Square", and his voters would still vote for him.

Kinda sounds worst than Jim Jones, or;

Even worst than the Heaven's Gate Cult group; as the Heaven's Gate members believed the planet Earth was about to be "recycled" (wiped clean, renewed, refurbished, and rejuvenated), and the only chance to survive was to leave it immediately.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:10 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,374,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Are you actually reading the same material we are??? I think not.

Maybe its the mentality frame of basis which one is utilizing to interpret, that has you seeing things in a perspective that is very far from the CONTEXT and PERSPECTIVE it is presented.

Even the Republican Party thinks the man has come even more un-hinged, and still you don't see anything to be of concern about

Trump had the audacity to tell the followers, that "he could shoot someone in Time Square", and his voters would still vote for him.

Kinda sounds worst than Jim Jones, or;

Even worst than the Heaven's Gate Cult group; as the Heaven's Gate members believed the planet Earth was about to be "recycled" (wiped clean, renewed, refurbished, and rejuvenated), and the only chance to survive was to leave it immediately.

This post is such a mess I'll just quote the whole thing. Have you been paying attention to what this thread is about? Comments made by Joe Scarborough?

Heaven's Gate? Wtf libs, really, wtf.

I appreciate this thread has turned into a dumping ground of Democrats hysteria and fear mongering. I get that libs are in full panic mode. I also watch the same morning news shows and I see where you get your daily dose of panic.

But make some effort to focus, because y'all are sounding ridiculous now.

Heaven's Gate

Old 08-04-2016, 01:15 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,252,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
If this maniac decided to use an indiscriminate nuclear weapon in the mid east, it would put a giant target on all of our backs in every country in the world. ISIS, Al Queda, Boko Harum, and many more would pop up against an enemy out to exterminate Muslims, and sworn enemies could ally against a common foe. Tactically, Trump doesn't understand the kind of warfare required to suppress insurgents infiltrating the general population. Hopefully, in the chance he does get elected, the military will be able to keep him on a short leash.

man, I loved 'Nights in White Satin', sorry to see they went over to the dark side

Old 08-04-2016, 01:15 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,345,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This is what many of us feared--that as soon as Trump got access to security briefings he just wouldn't be able to help himself. He'd just have to share what he knows to make himself seem important.

Remember the old saying, "Loose lips sink ships?" Trump's big mouth will do that and more. We can joke about the orange idiot all day, and he gives us so much to ridicule that it's hard not to, but when it comes down to it, it's really not funny at all.
Seeing how concerned the intelligence and security community is about Trump, I'm wondering if they will even give him real info. I don't thing they trust him at all. Maybe feed him something first to see if he keeps it to himself or tells 10,000 people at a rally because he wants to feel important.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:17 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,245,357 times
Quote:
This post is such a mess I'll just quote the whole thing. Have you been paying attention to what this thread is about? Comments made by Joe Scarborough?

Heaven's Gate? Wtf libs, really, wtf.

I appreciate this thread has turned into a dumping ground of Democrats hysteria and fear mongering. I get that libs are in full panic mode. I also watch the same morning news shows and I see where you get your daily dose of panic.

But make some effort to focus, because y'all are sounding ridiculous now.

Heaven's Gate

I guess you didn't get it......

Let me simplify it for you.. Trumps Followers Act Like they are cult members following the ramblings of a cult leader.

If you understood how insidious the Heavens Gate follower were, then you'd understand the comment in its context.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:37 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,910,140 times
Default Out of context.

You guys so hungry for Clinton to put us in a real recession and have our interest compromised you will say anything about Trump.

Do not confuse a question for ignorance!

Old 08-04-2016, 01:48 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,545,123 times
Quote:
No proof.

Well, DUH! Look, they aren't going to change the hearts and minds of the Trump faithful, and they know they have the disciples of Hillary locked up, so they're going after the undecided's and the people who had planned to sit this one out. If they can plant enough fear to get folks off the couch and into the voting booth to keep the "madman" out, they have accomplished a successful campaign. It's an effective strategy, Bush used it against Kerry, just as that election proved, it doesn't take many votes to tip the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections