Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 08:17 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,778,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I get the sense that many Trump supporters really don't care if people are Muslim, Mexican, black, female, LGBT, etc. and that cries of racism are a smokescreen for invalid reasons to oppose Trump. Obviously there are many Trump supporters that do care, and Trump obviously cares himself. But is this something you've noticed as well?

It is a distraction, that keeps coming up, from the Democrats. To keep us from looking at their failed candidates lack of integrity, ethics and responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 08:19 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,607,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I get the sense that many Trump supporters really don't care if people are Muslim, Mexican, black, female, LGBT, etc. and that cries of racism are a smokescreen for invalid reasons to oppose Trump. Obviously there are many Trump supporters that do care, and Trump obviously cares himself. But is this something you've noticed as well?
I have never believed that Trump was a racist. He owns many businesses that employs people of many many different races. I just think he's a total idiot, a BS artist, has no solution in sight, and really just say what he feel he needs to say to get appeal. But he's no different than Hillary in that regard. I do think that he's very willing to try to bypass the constitution, and his rhetoric is cringe worthy.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:20 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,098,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
The lashing out against Mex or Muslim is more an indicator of frustration with our broken borders and illogical immigration laws. LGBT criticisms is due to pandering to a small group on the very margin (if not beyond) for what consitutes normal behavior, i.e. PC. Blacks well because it is the lower tier ones who are causing problems and anyone who is middle class and higher knows they are the worthless class in our country. No country in history ever moves forward by acquiescing to the lowest class.

As for women, do not know about that one. Have not heard anti-female comments.
"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." - Mahatma Ghandi

I'm just going to leave this right here

Old 08-03-2016, 08:22 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,703,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So what you are saying is that you can sleep well at night knowing that you aren't really a racist, and that being a bigot is just fine with you? Your justification is that they labeled your bigotry wrong, so it's OK??? SMFH

I think that the Hillary-hater phenomenon is key here. People hater her so much that they don't even bother to check to see if what they are voting for is worse. (or for that matter, if the reasons they hate her are valid, or just stuff they've heard and believe blindly....)
Your claim that having immigration laws is racist means that practically every country is racist.

Since Hillary devotees will support her when she lies, breaks laws, ignores rules and commits perjury, I have no doubt they'd still vote for her if she was dropping N bombs every day.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I have never believed that Trump was a racist. He owns many businesses that employs people of many many different races. I just think he's a total idiot, a BS artist, has no solution in sight, and really just say what he feel he needs to say to get appeal. But he's no different than Hillary in that regard. I do think that he's very willing to try to bypass the constitution, and his rhetoric is cringe worthy.
From what few records are out there, he's owned businesses that have subcontracted out jobs to other firms. Firms that have often used illegal labor, or just not paid the labor for the work... Because as any expert will tell you, buildings just build themselves.

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn

Any actual effort to look into how he manages his businesses will revel that he is litigious, dishonest, self-centered, and just not a good human being. He objectifies women, and preys on the fears of those in economic peril to get as many votes as he can.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:25 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,155,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So what you are saying is that you can sleep well at night knowing that you aren't really a racist, and that being a bigot is just fine with you? Your justification is that they labeled your bigotry wrong, so it's OK??? SMFH

I think that the Hillary-hater phenomenon is key here. People hater her so much that they don't even bother to check to see if what they are voting for is worse. (or for that matter, if the reasons they hate her are valid, or just stuff they've heard and believe blindly....)
YOU don't know what I believe in. So you ASSume I'm a bigot. Let me guess... you would call me a racist because I don't like Obama either. It just doesn't occur to you does it that sometimes people don't agree with someone on an ideological level? So that automatically makes them a bigot, a racist, a sexist, whatever. It's clear to me, that it's people like you that perpetuate the problem. Let me guess...you're a Hillary supporter whose first thing is to assume that because someone doesn't think just like you they're a bad, bad person and thus must be called some kind of name. Typical response of the left.

Oh... by the way....go ahead and call me a bigoted sexist......this FEMALE will get a real chuckle out of it..... Bless your heart....

Old 08-03-2016, 08:27 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,873,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." - Mahatma Ghandi

I'm just going to leave this right here
Means nothing to me particulary seeing the decrepit quality of life in India in the time of Ghandi.

That is not the American ethic which is based on doers not users. Recall why there was disdain for the Indians- because in the eyes of the pioneers, contemporary commentators, they did not use the abundant natural resources to create value.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Your claim that having immigration laws is racist means that practically every country is racist.

Since Hillary devotees will support her when she lies, breaks laws, ignores rules and commits perjury, I have no doubt they'd still vote for her if she was dropping N bombs every day.
So far a Republican majority Congress and Senate have spent MILLIONS of dollars and thousands of hours trying to find something to stick to her and get her convicted. All for nothing. In the meantime, Trump has been subject to dozens of lawsuits for various reasons. Not to mention, filed dozens of his own for petty grievances.

Trump

In the race to the bottom, I'd rather choose the one who is smart enough to not get caught :P

Old 08-03-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Means nothing to me particulary seeing the decrepit quality of life in India in the time of Ghandi.

That is not the American ethic which is based on doers not users. Recall why there was disdain for the Indians- because in the eyes of the pioneers, contemporary commentators, they did not use the abundant natural resources to create value.
[MOD CUT/personal attack]

How was the quality of life here in the US under British imperial rule? I bet it was swell.

How was the quality of life in Australia under British imperial rule? So good they're still there? Right?

/sarcasm

Also...

"Recall why there was disdain for the Indians- because in the eyes of the pioneers, contemporary commentators, they did not use the abundant natural resources to create value." - THOSE ARE THE WRONG INDIANS... Idgit

The American ethic that I'm familiar with is the Puritan/Protestant work ethic.

"The Protestant work ethic (or the Puritan work ethic)[1] is a concept in theology, sociology, economics and history which emphasizes that hard work, discipline and frugality[2] are a result of a person's subscription to the values espoused by the Protestant faith, particularly Calvinism, in contrast to the focus upon religious attendance, confession, and ceremonial sacrament in the Catholic tradition."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestant_work_ethic

Nothing in there about "doers not users" as you so eloquently put it... People worked hard, but maintained a sense of humility.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-03-2016 at 09:18 AM..

Old 08-03-2016, 08:35 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,072,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
So far a Republican majority Congress and Senate have spent MILLIONS of dollars and thousands of hours trying to find something to stick to her and get her convicted. All for nothing. In the meantime, Trump has been subject to dozens of lawsuits for various reasons. Not to mention, filed dozens of his own for petty grievances.

Trump

In the race to the bottom, I'd rather choose the one who is smart enough to not get caught :P
Only one candidate has been proven to be careless with classified info and only one candidate put our national security at risk, it wasn't Donald Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections