Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 11:30 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times

Advertisements

Pence, Cruz, Kasich, or other could be the new candidate.

There are 2 procedural options:

1. The Party Chair calls a meeting of the National Committee, and the 168-member committee members would vote to fill the vacancy on the ticket. (A candidate must receive a majority of the votes to win the party's nomination.)

or 2. The RNC can reconvene the national convention “for the purpose of filling any such vacancies.”

Trump would have to opt out of the race by early September ( a month from now) for someone else to be on the ballot in enough states to win.

What would happen if Donald Trump decided to drop out of the... | www.ajc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 11:33 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
I would be validated in assuming he is facilitating a Clinton presidency.

I expect anything at this point.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:38 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,455,990 times
Good post -- thanks for the info.

Gosh I hope this doesn't happen! Trump is finished, he's toast and he's going to take the under-ticket down with him. I suspect the Senate is going to turn to Dems and it is starting to look possible the House will maybe, with luck, fall, though that is far less certain. Were the Pugs to replace Agent Orange with a Romney or a.. ah, ah. ah... with, ah, Romney, the Pugs' chances to win the WH rise, but probably not enough to win, though Romney could help save the House (but not Senate -- that's gone already).

Trump is creating a carnage scenario for the GOP -- they are in total disarray. Why mess with success? LOL!! Bu-Bye, GOP! Bu-bye, Heddah Cheddah!

Old 08-03-2016, 11:42 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,325,289 times
Trump isn't going anywhere. I think Trump underestimated the General Election. Trump is waging a campaign against the Democratic party, not just Hillary.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:42 AM

If Trump drops out soon enough the GOP have a chance to win this election.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:44 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,901 times
Trump should start his on party. He could call it the Wig party. (yes, I spelled it correctly)

Old 08-03-2016, 11:46 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,909 times
It appears that the R's are indeed looking into what they will do if T drops out. He is in over his head. Can't even deal with a baby for crying out loud!!! I predict the D's take back the House and Senate or at least win back many seats.

JUST IN: ABC News Stuns America & Announces That Trump Might DROP OUT Of 2016 Race

Old 08-03-2016, 11:46 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,036,696 times
Trump isn't dropping out. GOP is afraid of him. It won't be business as usual with Trump getting elected.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:47 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,455,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
If Trump drops out soon enough the GOP have a chance to win this election.
So far as I know Bozo the Clown and Elvis aren't available. so that leaves Romney. Whom do you think is in a position to take on a unified, organized, super well funded, highly motivated Democratic Party? Romney is sane, but he was convincingly rejected last time around. Make no mistake: the Dems are in this to not just win, but to destroy the GOP, and they have the tools to do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
It appears that the R's are indeed looking into what they will do if T drops out. He is in over his head. Can't even deal with a baby for crying out loud!!! I predict the D's take back the House and Senate or at least win back many seats.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
So far as I know Bozo the Clown and Elvis aren't available. so that leaves Romney. Whom do you think is in a position to take on a unified, organized, super well funded, highly motivated Democratic Party? Romney is sane, but he was convincingly rejected last time around. Make no mistake: the Dems are in this to not just win, but to destroy the GOP, and they have the tools to do just that.
Romney was good candidate and is a good man, but was running against a popular incumbent President. Any 2012 GOP candidate would have been a sacrificial lamb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections