Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 11:30 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,472,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Which candidate has dumb supporters again?
Clearly, it's Trump - because he has supporters who believe any nonsense based on mis-hearing a Youtube clip and don't have the basic common sense to do their own research and analysis.

If you listen carefully, I'm pretty sure she said "we AREN'T going to raise taxes on the middle class." In the video recording, it is hard to discern the difference between ARE and AREN'T - notice that if you say them fast enough and the recording is grainy enough, they could be misconstrued.

Hillary has come out with statements saying that she supports not raising income taxes on middle class. This is well documented. Here, I did the homework for you:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...roposal-220183

Quote:
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has proposed $1.1 trillion in tax increases, according to a new report, though she plans to call for a tax cut for the middle class.

Read more: Analysis: Clinton proposes $1T tax hike, but middle-class tax cut plan coming - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Hillary Clinton on Tax Reform

Quote:
Q: You said it's your goal not to raise taxes on families making under $200,000. Can you say that's a promise?
A: That is a pledge that I'm making. I don't think we should be imposing new big programs that are going to raise middle class families' taxes. We just heard that most families haven't had a wage increase since 2001 since the end of the last Clinton administration when incomes did go up for everybody. We've got to get back to where people can save money again.
Source: 2015 ABC/WMUR Democratic primary debate in N.H. , Dec 19, 2015

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/post/...n-plans-do-it/

From her own campaign website:
Quote:
Here are eight ways we can give American families a raise:

1. Cut middle-class taxes.

Hillary is proposing middle-class tax breaks to help families cope with the rising cost of everyday expenses, like child care and education- and she’s announced new tax credits to help families caring for an ill or aging family member. She’ll pay for them by raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans and closing loopholes in our tax code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 11:49 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,559,654 times
Dems are criminals who have been stealing the money of the middle class for decades.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:26 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,472,127 times
Let's all just pause and savor the sweet irony here..

Conservative muttonheads launch a thread to try to point out how dumb Clinton supporters are... but stupidly running with a misunderstood video snippet that they interpret in a manner that passes no critical thinking test.

Priceless.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:37 AM

977 posts, read 1,013,679 times
Default Hillary Clinton Taxes

So Hillary Clinton says she will raise taxes for the middle class.

WATCH: Crowd Cheers Clinton's Call To 'Raise Taxes On The Middle Class' | Daily Wire

AND THE CROWD CHEERS? WTF!!! The middle class is a dying breed. Why would she tax the middle class? This b$$ch is playing with my lively hood. WE CANNOT have HILLARY. I like trump policies BUT NOT HIM. I cannot stand trump. If he gets president I am going to hate hearing about him on the news all the time. I also don't think he will become president so I looked into Hilary's plans. I saw this. I am just getting worried. America is seriously going to fall into a depression I fear with either of these people. Anyways, my commentary is done. Please don't turn this into a Trump vs Hillary debate, just about her tax plan.

I think trumps plan is so much better. What do you think? https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

I wish Hillary would take his plan.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:44 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,722,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post

WATCH: Crowd Cheers Clinton's Call To 'Raise Taxes On The Middle Class' | Daily Wire

AND THE CROWD CHEERS? WTF!!! The middle class is a dying breed. Why would she tax the middle class? This b$$ch is playing with my lively hood. WE CANNOT have HILLARY. I like trump policies BUT NOT HIM. I cannot stand trump. If he gets president I am going to hate hearing about him on the news all the time. I also don't think he will become president so I looked into Hilary's plans. I saw this. I am just getting worried. America is seriously going to fall into a depression I fear with either of these people. Anyways, my commentary is done. Please don't turn this into a Trump vs Hillary debate, just about her tax plan.

I think trumps plan is so much better. What do you think? https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

you don't like trump because you have sensitive skin and are easily offended. If you can get some thicker skin and not be as soft as charmin, you might actually appreciate Trump's candor and forwardness. If you 'cant stand' a person you never met, that's a you problem....which means you have to look within to see why you feel that way. Its most likely a personal shortcoming rather than something a television personality said or did. There's still time,you can fix this, just address it, look within, you can figure it out.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:49 AM

977 posts, read 1,013,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
you don't like trump because you have sensitive skin and are easily offended. If you can get some thicker skin and not be as soft as charmin, you might actually appreciate Trump's candor and forwardness. If you 'cant stand' a person you never met, that's a you problem....which means you have to look within to see why you feel that way. Its most likely a personal shortcoming rather than something a television personality said or did. There's still time,you can fix this, just address it, look within, you can figure it out.
Um... I don't like how un professional he is. It's not that I'm soft it's that's is don't like his persona, especially some of his recent comments. Anyways I STILL support him! WAYY more than corrupt stealing Hillary. She sucks I pray she isn't president! If she is hopefully she won't steal stuff from the White House again....

Old 08-04-2016, 01:20 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,796,596 times
It sounds like she said we are raising tax on middle class, whatever left after her husband helped to demolish it.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:21 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,796,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And I love Warren Buffet sitting in the background, all smug and smiling and secure in the knowledge that he's keeping his while the middle class gets screwed again.

That's some candidate you Democrats have there.
I agree. As much as he claimed he didn't pay enough tax but he invests in a company in Canada to avoid paying tax. Hypocrite.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post

Looking at the context it sure seemed like she misspoke.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:48 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,430,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Looking at the context it sure seemed like she misspoke.

Replayed it five times.

The crowd cheered each time.

Did they mishear when she misspoke?

I think it was a Freudian slip on her part and the true sentiments of the mooch class on their part.

Think anyone behind her is capable of understanding the Buffett loophole or the Berkshire model?

Warren Buffett
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections