Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 08:26 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,359,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
I completely agree with him, the only ones telling people their vote is being wasted by voting third party are people desperate from the Republicans and Democrats that are afraid they will lose votes from their awful candidates.
I also take the approach that no vote is wasted. As individuals, we choose who we do vote for (or choose not to participate). I'd imagine many people are interested in what the Johnson/Weld campaign is running on but, at the end of the day, Johnson won't be POTUS so it's understandable if someone doesn't vote 3rd party. If it happens to be voting for Clinton/Trump to stop Trump/Clinton, that's their decision -- not a wasted vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 08:28 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,281,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
This was the first political "event" that I have listened to that didn't make me want to vomit.

What a shame that they have no chance. Gary Johnson is a brilliant man with a proven track record.
I couldn't agree more.

It's where my vote is going. It won't matter, unfortunately, but I won't be stuck again voting for the lesser of two evils.

If you align with Johnson/Weld, vote for them.

If everyone who said they won't vote Trump or Hillary, but feel the vote is wasted on a 3rd party, VOTED for a 3rd party, there might be a chance.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:13 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,656,229 times
Johnson is polling 12% and Stein 4 or 5%. That's 27% third-party and the fun had just begun.

By the time Trump and Clinton are finished with their corrupt opponent they'll need airplane barf bags at the polling places everyone that votes for these two pathetic candidates for the highest office of our country.

Let's keep it going. I'm all in for Stein.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:27 PM

27,408 posts, read 15,521,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Yep! He's spot on

Hillary thanks you.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:37 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,018,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Hillary thanks you.
Hillary doesn't thank anyone. She is a compulsive lying psychopath incapable of truly showing care or emotion for other humans. Unfortunately this describes Donald Trump as well...hence all of the third party votes we will hopefully see turn out this year. I'd love to see the popular vote for the D and R parties be their lowest ever via third party votes and people who are just so fed up that they just stay home. That should send a message.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:49 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,587,627 times
I'm old and will likely be dead by the time a 3rd party is relevant. Leaves me to wonder, what happens when it is?

The Constitution requires that a presidential candidate receive a majority of the electoral vote. Amending the Constitution is a tedious and drawn out process that will likely take a couple of decades.
So in the interim if there are 3 major parties and no majority, the Presidential election will be decided by Congress. Is that really what everyone wants to happen? Thank God I'll be dead if it comes to that..

Disclosure: I've never voted 3rd party in a major election because I didn't want to throw away my vote but I did donate money to both Perot and Johnson.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:43 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,042,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I'm old and will likely be dead by the time a 3rd party is relevant. Leaves me to wonder, what happens when it is?

The Constitution requires that a presidential candidate receive a majority of the electoral vote. Amending the Constitution is a tedious and drawn out process that will likely take a couple of decades.
So in the interim if there are 3 major parties and no majority, the Presidential election will be decided by Congress. Is that really what everyone wants to happen? Thank God I'll be dead if it comes to that..

Disclosure: I've never voted 3rd party in a major election because I didn't want to throw away my vote but I did donate money to both Perot and Johnson.
I agree with what you're saying ...and I'm old too.

This cycle, I'm going to do my small part to keep Trump from winning. I'd gladly vote for Johnson/Weld. To me, they're not viable this time around. We're still in a binary situation. I'm vehemently against Trump so guess who I'll be voting for? *gack*
~amanda

Old 08-03-2016, 11:50 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,587,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
I I'm vehemently against Trump so guess who I'll be voting for? *gack*
I've voted in every Presidential since 1968. Every now and then, one has to do the *gack*.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:52 AM

14,268 posts, read 19,016,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I've voted in every Presidential since 1968. Every now and then, one has to do the *gack*.
You must be a few years older, because I had to wait until I was 21 and voted in 1972. (although Amendment 26 was passed in 1971) There was really only one choice back then, but I guess we Bay Staters were the only ones who got the memo. lol So Nixon won by a landslide.

I don't know why, but the recent email scandals really don't bother me. I expect a political campaign to be nasty with some resentment. The Sanders campaign wasn't exactly squeaky clean either. I'll vote without holding my nose, but I wish Hillary had chosen a different running-mate.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:14 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,572,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Johnson is polling 12% and Stein 4 or 5%. That's 27% third-party and the fun had just begun.

By the time Trump and Clinton are finished with their corrupt opponent they'll need airplane barf bags at the polling places everyone that votes for these two pathetic candidates for the highest office of our country.

Let's keep it going. I'm all in for Stein.
Johnson needs to hit 15% to get into the debates. OH PLEASE let him be included!! Please allow the American people to see what a REAL candidate sounds like!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections