Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 11:15 AM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Exactly. Bernie never had a chance because the DNC made sure of it.
I disagree. Sure they weren't thrilled with his campaign, but nearly 15 million people who went to the polls and cast a ballot for Clinton certainly weren't influenced by a few emails. Hillary ran in 2008 (and almost won) and for decades she had national recognition. Bernie Sanders was on the national stage for the first time and never came close to winning. He won most caucus states and lost almost every major state except Michigan.

Also, since Sanders was never attacked by the GOP and there were never any negative ads run against him, we don't know if he really would have had a chance based on a few polls during the primaries.

Of course, until we all die the Sanders supporters will cry foul and insist the system was rigged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 11:19 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,657,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I disagree. Sure they weren't thrilled with his campaign, but nearly 15 million people who went to the polls and cast a ballot for Clinton certainly weren't influenced by a few emails. Hillary ran in 2008 (and almost won) and for decades she had national recognition. Bernie Sanders was on the national stage for the first time and never came close to winning. She won every major state except Michigan.

Also, since Sanders was never attacked by the GOP and there were never any negative ads run against him, we don't know if he really would have had a chance based on a few polls during the primaries.

Of course, until we all die the Sanders supporters will cry foul and insist the system was rigged.
Only because there is concrete email evidence.

But it's nice to see that corruption still can find a major role in our society. Maybe something our teachers can include in our history and political science classes. Maybe call it: How Parents Support Political and Economic Corruption.

Lots to talk about at the dinner table. My discussion will be short. Not me. But yes, those who benefit from corruption are big cheerleaders for corruption.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:22 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,572,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Are you referring to how the Clintoids stole the election and now expect to be rewarded for their corruption?
of course

Old 08-04-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
of course
Well, I strongly believe that corrupt cheaters get their just desserts. I was never a big fan of corruption. No reason to start becoming a fan of it now.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:23 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,572,789 times
Quote:
I disagree. Sure they weren't thrilled with his campaign, but nearly 15 million people who went to the polls and cast a ballot for Clinton certainly weren't influenced by a few emails. Hillary ran in 2008 (and almost won) and for decades she had national recognition. Bernie Sanders was on the national stage for the first time and never came close to winning. He won most caucus states and lost almost every major state except Michigan.

why can't you face facts? the DNC was caught red handed refusing Bernie's campaign access to Dem voter files. DWS was forced to resign because of this.

Bernie was not treated as an equal by the DNC from the start. They were shown via the leaked emails to name Clinton the nominee all the way back in March 2015! The DNC is supposed to be IMPARTIAL. The whole thing was rigged. Clinton got all the super delegates even in states where she LOST.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Only because there is concrete email evidence.
Evidence of what? Are you saying nearly 15 million people did not show up at the polls to cast their ballots for Clinton? No matter what emails were sent or how a handful of Democrats felt about Sanders (who was never a Democrat) the American people spoke.

Yes, there is some corruption in Washington and always has been. Nobody can deny that or should even try to, but there is no evidence (at least at this point) that the DNC used its resources to help Sec Clinton win or hurt Sen Sanders' chances and that millions of votes cast were fake.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Evidence of what? Are you saying nearly 15 million people did not show up at the polls to cast their ballots for Clinton? No matter what emails were sent or how a handful of Democrats felt about Sanders (who was never a Democrat) the American people spoke.

Yes, there is some corruption in Washington. Nobody can deny that or should even try to, but there is no evidence (at least at this point) that the DNC used its resources to help Sec Clinton win or hurt Sen Sanders' chances.
I'm saying there are dozens of easy to fix and election and you may be too naive about politics, that is all about control of $trillions, to understand how elections can and are rigged, but I'm from Chicago and am not so ill educated.

My advice is to go ahead and vote for corruption if that is your taste, but it is rather despicable for Clintoids to beg others to go along with the game. It comes down to one's value system.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:57 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,295,445 times
Quote:

Yes, there is some corruption in Washington and always has been. Nobody can deny that or should even try to, but there is no evidence (at least at this point) that the DNC used its resources to help Sec Clinton win or hurt Sen Sanders' chances and that millions of votes cast were fake.
None of those votes mattered, she was already the nominee long before anyone cast a vote. The DNC was making voters believe Clinton had already won, and did everything in their power to limit any exposure that Sanders had, down to scheduling the debates when they knew the least amount of people would be watching and when it would have the least amount of effect. Plus, the narrative that the DNC and the Clinton Campaign put on made voters think that Clinton won, even in states she lost. There was literally no reason to have a primary to begin with because Clinton had already been selected as the nominee.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:06 PM

5,969 posts, read 3,935,685 times
The whole "wasted vote" thing is a sham. Anybody who votes for a candidate who DOES NOT WIN is essentially a wasted vote.

Always vote your conscious. A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil, and if your evil doesn't win you just wasted your vote anyway.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I'm saying there are dozens of easy to fix and election and you may be too naive about politics, that is all about control of $trillions, to understand how elections can and are rigged, but I'm from Chicago and am not so ill educated.

My advice is to go ahead and vote for corruption if that is your taste, but it is rather despicable for Clintoids to beg others to go along with the game.

(shakes head)

Gee, I'm lucky I grew up in Boston and Cambridge where all the uneducated, ignoramuses reside.
Quote:
It comes down to one's value system.
Sure, so that's why Trump should be the next President. Values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections