Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 03:52 AM

23,238 posts, read 29,085,198 times

Advertisements

Trump's big problem is he's not Republican enough! He needs to take a breather and learn something from his Goldwater-Girl opponent, and, if nothing else, learn to be a better liar.

As in all elections, the best liar always wins!

Old 08-04-2016, 03:59 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
God I LOVE Trump.
His stench is clinging to the entire GOP.
I've said ti before and I'll say it again - Trump is going to destroy the GOP.

Ken
Nah. Trump won't kill the party.
He will just break their ankles, so we can know them by their limp.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:12 AM

1,268 posts, read 799,914 times
This can't be true. At his rally, the great orange dear leader said he was leading in Pennsylvania. I think the NFL sent him a letter guaranteeing that he would win Pennsylvania. This poll cannot be correct.

This is just more MSM deception. After they doctored all the footage of Trump supporters using all those racial hate words over the last year at his rally, I wouldn't put anything past the MSM. Besides, I know someone from Pennsylvania. They are voting Trump. In fact, they told me everyone in the trailer park is voting for him. Plus, my sister-cousin knows a black in Pennsylvania. He is also voting Trump. He's going to carry the black vote too. Obviously, this poll is wrong.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:12 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,204,829 times
People please stop believing polls.

The crooked media has you where they want.

The ultimate "poll" is on election day.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:12 AM

30,084 posts, read 18,694,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
In what is considered a must win swing State, Clinton now leads by 13%

See: New poll shows Clinton way up in Pa. - News - The Times-Tribune

Equally mportantly Trump is dragging down with him Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey who is behind 8%.

Who is surprised?

Take it away spin doctors.

Who cares?

Hillary will most likely win the election, as we have 51% of the population as federal dependents, a large cohort of uneducated voters, and the media in the tank for her. In all liklihood, despite her criminal activities, she will be the next POTUS.

However, even LIBERALS should be somewhat pleased with a Trump nomination, as it has sent a message to at least one party that the nation is tired of politicians using political office to gain personal wealth at the expense of the nation. That message was not transmitted to the dems (The DNC sabotaged Bernie and he caved), thus Hillary.

If you want "politicians as usual", keep voting for them. If you want a change, don't vote for them.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:17 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,204,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Who cares?

Hillary will most likely win the election, as we have 51% of the population as federal dependents, a large cohort of uneducated voters, and the media in the tank for her. In all liklihood, despite her criminal activities, she will be the next POTUS.

However, even LIBERALS should be somewhat pleased with a Trump nomination, as it has sent a message to at least one party that the nation is tired of politicians using political office to gain personal wealth at the expense of the nation. That message was not transmitted to the dems (The DNC sabotaged Bernie and he caved), thus Hillary.

If you want "politicians as usual", keep voting for them. If you want a change, don't vote for them.
If this happens it'll be time to invest in a bulletproof vest in the least.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:23 AM

25,978 posts, read 22,169,754 times
13% lead when 389 likely voters were polled with a margin of error +/-6.3. I wouldn't start the celebration as yet. Geesh!

Per the same article, the PPP (leaning Democratic) only had Clinton up by 4 points.
I like to read the polls themselves and do my own thinking, I was never the "sheeple" type!

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...e_PA_80116.pdf

Old 08-04-2016, 08:36 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
13% lead when 389 likely voters were polled with a margin of error +/-6.3. I wouldn't start the celebration as yet. Geesh!

Per the same article, the PPP (leaning Democratic) only had Clinton up by 4 points.
I like to read the polls themselves and do my own thinking, I was never the "sheeple" type!

LOL

It's not a SINGLE POLL that shows Trump losing, it's nearly every single PA poll in the last year. The only exceptions to that was a poll in October of last year showing Trump up by 2 (within the margin of error) and one back in mid-July that showed him up by that same 2 (again within the margin of error). Aside from those 2 polls and 2 (one in April, one in June) that showed a tie, Hillary has won every single poll in PA (that's 16 polls that show Hillary taking the state - some of them by a LOT).
Despite his usual BS claims, Trump has virtually no chance in PA - and the same will likely end up being the case in virtually all of the "swing" states.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Clinton

RCP Electoral map as of today: (Clinton 226/ Trump 154)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...llege_map.html

Ken

Old 08-04-2016, 08:54 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,049,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

And the polling methodology for the F&M poll in the OP.

Methodology
The survey findings presented in this release are based on the results of interviews
conducted July 29 – August 1, 2016. The interviews were conducted at the Center for Opinion
Research at Franklin & Marshall College on behalf of the Center for Politics and Public Affairs.
The poll was designed and administered by the staff of the Center for Opinion Research. The
data included in this release represent the responses of 661 Pennsylvania registered voters,
including 321 Democrats, 257 Republicans, and 83 Independents."

"The sample error for this survey is +/- 4.8 percentage points when the design effects from
weighting are considered. The sampling error for the 389 likely voters is +/- 6.3 percentage
points. In addition to sampling error, this poll is also subject to other sources of non-sampling
error. Generally speaking, two sources of error concern researchers most. Non-response bias is
created when selected participants either choose not to participate in the survey or are
unavailable for interviewing. Response errors are the product of the question and answer process.
Surveys that rely on self-reported behaviors and attitudes are susceptible to biases related to the
way respondents process and respond to survey questions."

Old 08-04-2016, 08:58 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,951,030 times
If Trump is 'helping' Toomey lose his Senate seat----thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections