Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 12:04 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,471,288 times

Advertisements

Huh. Well, maybe stop insulting Gold Star families; maybe stop scaring the beejesus out of people with your proclivity towards dropping nukes on crying babies; stop making kissies all over Putin's behind; stop being a racist; stop lying. Maybe that would, you know, be a good start?

From Politico:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico
Donald Trump said he’s puzzled as to why he’s not leading Hillary Clinton by large margins at a rally Wednesday night, making no mention of the controversies that have mired his campaign all week.
Speaking to a large crowd at Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena in Florida, Trump boasted about the turnout at his events, citing it as an indicator of his support.
Heddah Cheddah is delusional.

It's all downhill, all downhill from here, my friend -- err, "comrade," I should say. All national and most swing state polls show him sinking like a stone.

His supporters surely must be discouraged -- they certainly have made themselves scarce here of late. Maybe they took my earlier advice and booked flights to North Korea where I am so utterly certain they'd be much, much happier.

I guess my question is: what the heck did you see in this loser in the first place? Huh? Huh? I think the greater lesson is: It's ALWAYS a bad idea to bet against America, the greatest nation on earth,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 12:50 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,733,624 times
insulting a gold star family? i don't know, seems like the 'khan man' started things, trump was just responding to a cheap shot.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:09 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,204,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
insulting a gold star family? i don't know, seems like the 'khan man' started things, trump was just responding to a cheap shot.
He insulted a federal judge. Why did he do that?

Old 08-04-2016, 01:27 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,616,391 times
Trump acknowledged the poll numbers, things his supporters refuse to.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:34 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,227,196 times
Quote:
If he had responded to Mr. Khan just once before moving on to his policy differences with Clinton, he would have avoided the controversy and maybe not trail in the polls by 9%. Instead, he attacked Mr. Khan's wife, who said NOTHING at the DNC. He then resorted to numerous angry rants and tweets attacking these Gold Star parents. Very poor judgement. He has no one to blame but himself.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:28 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,323,570 times
He is making the same mistake that a lot of his supporters seem to be making. That rally size translates into national support.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:34 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,323,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
If he had responded to Mr. Khan just once before moving on to his policy differences with Clinton, he would have avoided the controversy and maybe not trail in the polls by 9%. Instead, he attacked Mr. Khan's wife, who said NOTHING at the DNC. He then resorted to numerous angry rants and tweets attacking these Gold Star parents. Very poor judgement. He has no one to blame but himself.
No, he didn't need to address it at all. All he needed to do was ignore it and move on. He seems to believe that he has to personally respond to any level of criticism though. He did the same thing in his rally today. Saw a ad made talking about the comments he made about Megyn Kelley and that disabled reported. Then had to focus on it at his rally. As long as the dems keep drawing him out and he keeps responding this makes it harder for him to actually woe undecided voters. And the time left is quickly starting to run out.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:44 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,990,964 times
Quote:
insulting a gold star family? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
He insulted a federal judge. Why did he do that?
Trump is an insult to the intelligence of anyone with an IQ over 65.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:25 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,352,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No, he didn't need to address it at all. All he needed to do was ignore it and move on. He seems to believe that he has to personally respond to any level of criticism though. He did the same thing in his rally today. Saw a ad made talking about the comments he made about Megyn Kelley and that disabled reported. Then had to focus on it at his rally. As long as the dems keep drawing him out and he keeps responding this makes it harder for him to actually woe undecided voters. And the time left is quickly starting to run out.
Exactly! By all accounts, Hillary should be having a bad week. Instead, all of Trumps gaffes have taken over the news cycle since Saturday and have given Hillary a huge bump in the polls. The blueprint is pretty clear if I was a democratic strategist. Just keep poking the bear and let him bury himself.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:31 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,991,039 times
If you're running for president you SHOULD think "....why we're not leading by more"

To think otherwise means you don't believe in your message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections