Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 06:19 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,895,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will say, that Hillary Rodham Clinton's appearance at that tie factory in Colorado, holding up a Trump tie made overseas, then holding up a tie made in said factory, and asking why Trump did not have the good people of said Colorado factory make his ties, was probably very effective.

No doubt, Mr. Trump will soon speak proudly of how his Satanic opponent went out and purchased one of his ties, since they are of such good quality.

That point is a very valid one that she was making..........WHY does he have all of his products made overseas when he spouts that he is going to return manufacturing to America ? Just more of his hypocrisy. David Letterman nailed him on his TV show about that very same subject, and Trump did his usual rope a dope and said "I would love to have my products made here." but he did not say he would actually do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoOPgeTMQc

And his supporters still find the man worthy of the Presidency !

Don

Old 08-04-2016, 06:24 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,353,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Why do such research when you can inform us? Why does Mr. Trump chose China over a factory in Colorado that specializes in making ties?
I don't know. Why don't you ask him? I never heard of this factory. Perhaps he hasn't heard of it either? Does Trump know every factory in the country that might make ties?

Perhaps that factory needs to advertise more. Why didn't they aggressively go after Trump's business? Did they even try? Of course, Hillary isn't going to ask that question either.

Do your own damn research!

Old 08-04-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
The fire chief fantasy has already been disproven.
No, it hasn't. Disproven by whom?

BREAKING: Sick Truth About Fire Marshal Who Shut Down Trump Rally Revealed

Old 08-04-2016, 06:30 AM

26,037 posts, read 22,230,983 times
This tie company that is looking for "skilled resettled refugees" in their homepage? Well, I hope they do get a job since we, the taxpayers, are paying $65,000 to resettle each one yet taking a job from an American........ Third world here we come!

https://www.knottytie.com/pages/manufacturing

Gee, is this the way the Democrats are pandering to big business, bring in the refugees for cheap labor?

Old 08-04-2016, 06:33 AM

Illegals shouldn't be voting!

Old 08-04-2016, 06:40 AM

26,037 posts, read 22,230,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Illegals shouldn't be voting!
But they do. Some have stolen IDs of American citizens, thus the "dead" people voting in many instances. If you read through what TX came to as a compromise, you'll see they most certainly will be voting. Even a utility bill will get them the legal right to vote.

KS requires a valid photo ID like passport, driver's license or state ID of which any human working in the US, getting public assistance, getting medical care, getting any government is required to possess or they were before the Dems started kissing the butts of illegal aliens for votes.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:43 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
That point is a very valid one that she was making..........WHY does he have all of his products made overseas when he spouts that he is going to return manufacturing to America ? Just more of his hypocrisy. David Letterman nailed him on his TV show about that very same subject, and Trump did his usual rope a dope and said "I would love to have my products made here." but he did not say he would actually do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoOPgeTMQc

And his supporters still find the man worthy of the Presidency !

Don
If you ran a business where competitors made stuff significantly cheaper overseas, would you manufacture in the US? Would you buy stock in a company that put nationalism over profits?

Old 08-04-2016, 07:09 AM

13,715 posts, read 9,044,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't know. Why don't you ask him? I never heard of this factory. Perhaps he hasn't heard of it either? Does Trump know every factory in the country that might make ties?

Perhaps that factory needs to advertise more. Why didn't they aggressively go after Trump's business? Did they even try? Of course, Hillary isn't going to ask that question either.

Do your own damn research!
Ah, so you did not answer my question. However, I am pleased that you recognize that Donald John Trump lacks the basic intelligence to investigate whether or not his ties could be made in the United States, or have one of his underlings do it.

I agree, however, that when Mr. Trump was making the decision on whether or not to sell Trump Ties, that the various US tie manufacturers should have known that he was thinking about such, and so flock to the Trump Tower to make presentations.

That, of course, is how business is done. One thinks of a product, and then sits back and waits for the manufacturers capable of making such product to appear at the door. In this instance, the crafty Chinese sniffed out what Mr. Trump was contemplating, and appeared at Trump Tower. For those that say that Mr. Trump sought out a manufacturer in China, shame on you! He was ignorant of US based manufacturers.

I admit I feel rather superior than most, for I have access to an internet website known as "Google". I entered into this 'search' engine "Tie manufacturers in United States", and quickly found, using my superior abilities, this web site:

http://www.manta.com/mb_35_B0143000_...boy_s_neckwear

Why, this one website lists 96 manufacturers of neckties in the United States! (being a truthful person, I shall acknowledge that several of these companies probably just import ties, but there is no doubt that many manufacture them to order; even then, they probably import the silk from Asia). There are a few such necktie producers just blocks away from Trump Tower!

It does make one wonder: will Hillary Rodham Clinton visit decide to visit one of those necktie manufacturers in New York City, and ask the same question?

Old 08-04-2016, 07:16 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,622,686 times
Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Clinton Franklin & Marshall Clinton 49, Trump 38 Clinton +11

Michigan: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein Detroit News/WDIV-TV Clinton 41, Trump 32, Johnson 8, Stein 3 Clinton +9

New Hampshire: Trump vs. Clinton WBUR/MassINC Clinton 51, Trump 34 Clinton +17

New Hampshire: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein WBUR/MassINC Clinton 47, Trump 32, Johnson 8, Stein 3 Clinton +15

Pennsylvania Senate - Toomey vs. McGinty Franklin & Marshall Toomey 38, McGinty 39 McGinty +1
New Hampshire Senate - Ayotte vs. Hassan WBUR/MassINC Hassan 50, Ayotte 40 Hassan +10

Clinton it was confirmed has no intention of buying ads in Colorado, which means their campaign see's Colorado in the bag.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/us...tial-race.html

Blue firewall is holding all 242..

New Mexico 5 electoral votes
Colorado 9 electoral votes
New Hampshire 4 electoral votes
Virginia 13 electoral votes Last 2 polls before conventions & Tim Kaine announcement have her up around 6 points.

242 + 9 + 4 +13 +5=273

Last call for the Fat Lady you are due on stage asap.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:44 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,747,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Trump is going to take most of the "undecided" and those that "refused" are probably Trump supporters also but afraid of the violence coming from the left if they speak out.

MI, the state I grew up in, going for Hillary?

I have looked at most of the national polls and saw number play. I saw the margin of error being enough to "upset the apple cart" that the articles were trying to sell. Also, if you poll more Democrats than Republicans, need I explain?

I see CO has a growing number of Latino voters. The last chart I saw, they were the group least likely to go to the polls and only about 40% of our Hispanic population in the US "qualify" to vote. Hopefully the illegals do show up and out themselves for "future" actions against them.

With NH, if only those 690 people vote and don't change their minds, that would give the victory to Hillary. The methodology is made up of 56 pages, so I'm passing on that feeling confident that this is her "bump" out of the convention and that a university poll, especially since I saw them poll together with CNN in the past doesn't present much of a threat.

Learn to read through the methodology of the polls to see that none of them amount to anything other than attempting to sway the voters one way or the other. The most likely outcome of any poll is that outcome desired by the person/group/business paying for it. This is not my theory, "google".
Rasmussen leans Republican, always has.
Granted they may have over-corrected their sample after the debacle in 2012, but they have never been in the tank for the Democrats.
Never.

"Google."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections