Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 07:56 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,688,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't know. Why don't you ask him? I never heard of this factory. Perhaps he hasn't heard of it either? Does Trump know every factory in the country that might make ties?

Perhaps that factory needs to advertise more. Why didn't they aggressively go after Trump's business? Did they even try? Of course, Hillary isn't going to ask that question either.!
Trump's businesses have been sued 3500 times, not many businesses are that desperate for work.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:00 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,097,620 times
Quote:
I don't know. Why don't you ask him? I never heard of this factory. Perhaps he hasn't heard of it either? Does Trump know every factory in the country that might make ties?

Perhaps that factory needs to advertise more. Why didn't they aggressively go after Trump's business? Did they even try? Of course, Hillary isn't going to ask that question either.

Do your own damn research!
Perhaps he, or whoever manages his apparel line, need to get much better at Supply Chain Management.

FTFY

Old 08-04-2016, 09:01 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,097,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
If you ran a business where competitors made stuff significantly cheaper overseas, would you manufacture in the US? Would you buy stock in a company that put nationalism over profits?
Trump's businesses aren't publicly traded. If he's not beholden to shareholders or Directors, and genuinely believes in bringing manufacturing back, why not start with his own apparel line?

Old 08-04-2016, 09:17 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,232,208 times
Quote:
True. The polls are being manipulated. You cannot believe them. And the Democrats and the mainstream media are doing everything possible to downplay Trumps popularity. At one Ohio rally, the Democrat fire chief prevented many from entering the venue where Trump was speaking, even though it was designed to accommodate the number that came to hear him speak
Wow, you guys have created your own reality. Username does not check out.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:27 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,984,554 times
How come polls are great "as stated by trump" when they show him do well but are biased or manipulated when trump trails? Hypocrisy is at its full extent

Old 08-04-2016, 09:29 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,385,080 times
Quote:

Perhaps that factory needs to advertise more. Why didn't they aggressively go after Trump's business? Did they even try? Of course, Hillary isn't going to ask that question either.

It took me 10 seconds to find a list of clothing brands made in the USA:

""...Let’s take a look at what companies are “Made in the USA.” This list is by no means exhaustive, by the way:

American Apparel is a well-known one. The company makes inexpensive trendy clothes for the urban hipster at its Los Angeles factory. (It makes kids’ clothes too.) CEO Dov Charney has been a vocal critic of sweatshops, so most people have heard of this one, even if they’re over 25 and don’t shop there.

Diamond Gusset makes tough jeans for men and women, from your basic denim to specialty styles for bikers and hunters. Its factory is located in Georgia.

About 20% of Eileen Fisher clothing is made in the US. The women’s casual clothing company strives for transparency around social consciousness — it uses four US-based contract manufacturers (including Andari Fashion) and has a Made in USA section on its website. The clothes are sold online and at high-end retailers such as Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus.

Fox Apparel (doing business as Texas Jeans) makes men’s, women’s, and kids’ denim from a factory in North Carolina. The interesting thing about Texas Jeans is that even its fabric, thread, buttons, and zippers are made here.

For your unmentionables, Hanky Panky makes women’s lingerie. Its website states “Hanky Panky has been manufacturing in the Northeast area of the USA since 1977. Manufacturing locally saves time, fuel, and shipping costs, thus drastically reducing the generation of CO2. It also keeps our factories where we can
see them, allowing us to monitor both the quality of our products and the working conditions.” So there.

Hippy Tree is another company that buys some of their clothes, like T-shirts and basic cotton knits, from US manufacturers. This company makes men’s surfer-style clothes. Again, not all of its clothes are made here, so check the labels or call the company — a real person answered when I did.

Jacquart Fabric Products makes Stormy Kromer-brand rugged winter clothes such as coats and hats from a factory in Wisconsin.

Women’s apparel maker Karen Kane makes 80% of its clothes in the US using Los Angeles-based contract manufacturers. Its clothes are sold at major department stores such as Macy’s.
Athletic shoemaker

New Balance has five company-owned factories in Massachusetts and Maine. Still, those five factories only produce about 25% of its shoes sold in the US.

Maine-based Rancourt & Company makes quality leather shoes for men and women. Finally, something office-appropriate!
German T-shirt company Spreadshirt has four manufacturing plants, and two are in the US (in Nevada and Pennsylvania)....

http://bizmology.hoovers.com/clothes-made-in-usa

It wouldn't have been hard for Trump to find manufacturers of his clothing here in the U.S.A. - he just DIDN'T BOTHER. He doesn't care about U.S. jobs - not in the slightest.

Ken

Old 08-04-2016, 10:21 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,500,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Trump is going to take most of the "undecided" and those that "refused" are probably Trump supporters also but afraid of the violence coming from the left if they speak out.

MI, the state I grew up in, going for Hillary?

I have looked at most of the national polls and saw number play. I saw the margin of error being enough to "upset the apple cart" that the articles were trying to sell. Also, if you poll more Democrats than Republicans, need I explain?

I see CO has a growing number of Latino voters. The last chart I saw, they were the group least likely to go to the polls and only about 40% of our Hispanic population in the US "qualify" to vote. Hopefully the illegals do show up and out themselves for "future" actions against them.

With NH, if only those 690 people vote and don't change their minds, that would give the victory to Hillary. The methodology is made up of 56 pages, so I'm passing on that feeling confident that this is her "bump" out of the convention and that a university poll, especially since I saw them poll together with CNN in the past doesn't present much of a threat.

Learn to read through the methodology of the polls to see that none of them amount to anything other than attempting to sway the voters one way or the other. The most likely outcome of any poll is that outcome desired by the person/group/business paying for it. This is not my theory, "google".
Shades of 2012 when the Republican faithful were absolutely certain that Romney would defeat Obama.

I guess ideologues have not trouble ignoring Trump's sorry campaign performance, and his public abandonment by many Republican leaders.

However, I don't believe that this election is over given the understandable alienation and dissatisfaction of many Americans.

Hillary needs to pivot and blame the do-nothing Republican Congress for many of the nation's woes. The Republicans have blocked massive increases in infrastructure spending and absolutely refused any increase in the federal gasoline tax, despite the collapse of inflation-adjusted highway fund revenues due to inflation and higher fleet futel efficiencies. They have passed no healthcare or immigration reform bills despite all of their promises and dissatisfaction with the current situation. They have produced no tax reform bill. Most Republicans have been science deniers in the face of a mounting climate change crisis that threatens all of humanity.

Like Trump, they are asking us to buy a pig in the poke. No thanks.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:30 AM

59,400 posts, read 27,561,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will say, that Hillary Rodham Clinton's appearance at that tie factory in Colorado, holding up a Trump tie made overseas, then holding up a tie made in said factory, and asking why Trump did not have the good people of said Colorado factory make his ties, was probably very effective.

No doubt, Mr. Trump will soon speak proudly of how his Satanic opponent went out and purchased one of his ties, since they are of such good quality.
I wonder where her clothes were made?

" Hillary and Armani"

"I'm not sending this to blast Hillary for giving a speech about inequality
while wearing a $12,500 Armani jacket."

"But designer brands including Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren and Hugo Boss also have outsourced manufacturing to Bangladesh,"

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...67522527553976

Last edited by Quick Enough; 08-04-2016 at 10:39 AM..

Old 08-04-2016, 10:59 AM

4,119 posts, read 6,625,926 times
You guys forgot Obam'a suit of choice, Hart Schaffner & Marx made in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartmarx

Old 08-04-2016, 11:01 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,262,731 times
Quote:

Are you listening to your own BS?

So your argument is that Trump is incapable of finding a tie factory right here in America?

That doesn't show well for a guy trying to run the country does it?

But somehow Trump managed to find a tie factory in China. Maybe he thought Guangzhou is in the US.

Last edited by beb0p; 08-04-2016 at 11:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections