Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 12:01 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,978,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Link to where he wants to end all welfare? He's not a anarchist. You can't just make stuff up.

If you pay any attention to what he says, you will realize he is not an idealist, he's not set in a rigid political dogma.

He's a moderate libertarian, same as me. We are not against welfare or government performing jobs. We do believe there is a limit to what the government should do.
The libertarian movement is clear. The platform is clear. If a person is born disabled and need care 24/7, that person should beg in the streets or the family should go knocking on doors of charity organizations hoping they will pay the $1m a year treatments and care needed for the child to stay alive. If the child cant get help from charities, its over. Hundreds of thousands of children will die and suffer immensely because of this.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:02 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Not entirely surprising.

There are only two even remotely qualified candidates on the ballot this time around: Clinton and Johnson.

It's rather unusual for a major party to nominate someone who is both completely unprepared to hold the office and clearly mentally unstable.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:16 AM

29,608 posts, read 16,590,384 times
Quote:
Yes "less recently".

But he has also had a few polls at 10% this week. He has ticked up to 8.5%.

I could be wrong, but I believe the debate commissions requirement is 3 national polls at 15%+? I'm sure within a certain timeframe. So while important, we can ignore the low polls for Johnson and just focus on the top 3. So he currently has two at 10% and 1 at 12%.

Its actually 5

Quote:
the CPD adopted on October 28, 2015 its 2016 Non-Partisan Candidate Selection Criteria. Under the 2016 Criteria, in addition to being Constitutionally eligible, candidates must appear on a sufficient number of state ballots to have a mathematical chance of winning a majority vote in the Electoral College, and have a level of support of at least 15 percent of the national electorate as determined by five selected national public opinion polling organizations, using the average of those organizations’ most recently publicly-reported results at the time of the determination. The polls to be relied upon will be selected based on the quality of the methodology employed, the reputation of the polling organizations and the frequency of the polling conducted. CPD will identify the selected polling organizations well in advance of the time the criteria are applied.
It also isnt the "top" polls. It will most likely be polls that are "tracking", which gives Johnson a disadvantage. He cant rely on a one off poll giving him 15%

The poll that gave him 13% last time was CNN , who now has him down to 9.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:16 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,299,452 times
Quote:
Yes "less recently".

But he has also had a few polls at 10% this week. He has ticked up to 8.5%.

I could be wrong, but I believe the debate commissions requirement is 3 national polls at 15%+? I'm sure within a certain timeframe. So while important, we can ignore the low polls for Johnson and just focus on the top 3. So he currently has two at 10% and 1 at 12%.
He's been running at 8 percent since June. He's likely not going to grow anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections