Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 09:01 PM

7,458 posts, read 7,072,044 times

Advertisements

candidates, including Johnson, have exceeded 1% exactly one time, and only barely then:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electo...(United_States)

This one has Johnson getting 10%:

Hillary Clinton has opened up a huge lead over Donald Trump | McClatchy DC

...Right.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,425,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
candidates, including Johnson, have exceeded 1% exactly one time, and only barely then:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electo...(United_States)

This one has Johnson getting 10%:

Hillary Clinton has opened up a huge lead over Donald Trump | McClatchy DC

...Right.
That wouldn't surprise me. He might even get high enough in the polls to make the debates (that's a bit of a long shot, but it MIGHT happen). That's a good thing in my opinion. Something is needed to replace the open sewer the GOP has become. Lincoln must be turning over in his grave.

Ken

Old 08-04-2016, 10:37 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,648,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That wouldn't surprise me. He might even get high enough in the polls to make the debates (that's a bit of a long shot, but it MIGHT happen). That's a good thing in my opinion. Something is needed to replace the open sewer the GOP has become. Lincoln must be turning over in his grave.

Ken
Agree.

I like Johnson's chances. They increase every time Donald says something stupid.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:39 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,341,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Ken
He's averaged 8 percent for months. I don't forsee him getting enough to cover the gap in 6 weeks.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:09 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,928,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
He's averaged 8 percent for months. I don't forsee him getting enough to cover the gap in 6 weeks.
He's had a recent poll at 12% and another poll at 13% less recently. But a debate commissioner recently stated they are willing to "give an inch" to a candidate if they are in the margin of error. Their debate requirement is 15%, but most national poll margin of errors are 3%+/-, so he could still make it to the debate even if he is slightly lower then 15%.

Regardless the debate commission wouldn't be making such statements if they weren't considering Johnson being in the debate.

I hope he gets in the debates, he would be a great addition. Johnson/Weld have my vote basically no matter what at this point.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:15 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,341,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
He's had a recent poll at 12% and another poll at 13% less recently. But a debate commissioner recently stated they are willing to "give an inch" to a candidate if they are in the margin of error. Their debate requirement is 15%, but most national poll margin of errors are 3%+/-, so he could still make it to the debate even if he is slightly lower then 15%.

Regardless the debate commission wouldn't be making such statements if they weren't considering Johnson being in the debate.

I hope he gets in the debates, he would be a great addition. Johnson/Weld have my vote basically no matter what at this point.
Johnson had one poll at 13 percent and that was from a month ago.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein

Old 08-04-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Johnson had one poll at 13 percent and that was from a month ago.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein
Yes "less recently".

But he has also had a few polls at 10% this week. He has ticked up to 8.5%.

I could be wrong, but I believe the debate commissions requirement is 3 national polls at 15%+? I'm sure within a certain timeframe. So while important, we can ignore the low polls for Johnson and just focus on the top 3. So he currently has two at 10% and 1 at 12%.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:22 PM

14,221 posts, read 7,010,821 times
My main problem with Johnson is that he belongs to a movement that wants to eliminate all federal help for the sick, the disabled, the needy, the poor and the wretched causing hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of people their lives as a result.

He is a social darwinist and clearly spouts sociopathy.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
My main problem with Johnson is that he belongs to a movement that wants to eliminate all federal help for the sick, the disabled, the needy, the poor and the wretched causing hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of people their lives as a result.

He is a social darwinist and clearly spouts sociopathy.
Link to where he wants to end all welfare? He's not a anarchist. You can't just make stuff up.

If you pay any attention to what he says, you will realize he is not an idealist, he's not set in a rigid political dogma.

He's a moderate libertarian, same as me. We are not against welfare or government performing jobs. We do believe there is a limit to what the government should do.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:57 PM

7,458 posts, read 7,072,044 times
Default If he gets 2% in this election, he basically doubles

the best libertarian showing ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections