Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 10:43 AM

68,409 posts, read 54,706,291 times

Advertisements

Trump: "I don't want Gary Johnson in the presidential debates."

Donny should listen to his elders, Mick & Keith: You can't always get what you want!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 11:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,395,405 times
Why should Gary Johnson be in the debates? He has no chance of winning. He is a distraction and a spoiler who will facilitate the election of Hillary Clinton.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:09 AM

23,855 posts, read 13,864,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
Donald Trump was recently interviewed in the Washington Post and was asked about Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, and the possibility of including them in the debates.

Donald Trump: I Don't Want Gary Johnson in the Presidential Debates
Unless I'm very much mistaken, Trump's preferences don't matter.

Maybe he's setting himself to use Johnson as an excuse to back out of the "debates"? (They are actually not debates, I wish people would stop calling them that. More like a panel job interview.)

Old 08-05-2016, 11:12 AM

23,855 posts, read 13,864,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why should Gary Johnson be in the debates? He has no chance of winning. He is a distraction and a spoiler who will facilitate the election of Hillary Clinton.
I believe the standard to be included in the "debates" is 15% of the polling, on the theory that anyone drawing that many voters deserves to be included.

I thought you didn't like the two-party system? or do I have you confused with someone else?

Old 08-05-2016, 11:12 AM

4,710 posts, read 3,499,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Virility??

vir·ile (vîr′əl, -īl′) adj. 1. Of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an adult male, especially in having the ability to have sexual intercourse

'spose he's got Hillary beat there. But what do you think he's going to do on the debate stage to prove his virility?
OMG! Please don't give him any ideas!

Old 08-05-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Donny seems perfectly capable of doing that himself, eh?

Old 08-05-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Maybe he'll try to parade all his kids (by various women) out on stage with him.

So he's trying to play the virility card? Only problem is that bullying and shouting loudly do not reflect actual characteristics of virility.
Also, we've seen an artist's rendering of 'it' (aside from his other bodily manifestations), and, well...

Old 08-05-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump: "I don't want Gary Johnson in the presidential debates."

Donny should listen to his elders, Mick & Keith: You can't always get what you want!
You mean his contemporaries, no?

Old 08-05-2016, 11:16 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,822,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Too bad, dude, it isn't your say.
I agree. I actually would like to see him in the debates. For me it's between Johnson and Trump. The debates would be a great way to see how they both do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I don't blame him. While statistics show Gary Johnson pulls evenly from Clinton and Trump (within MoE), Johnson's path to throwing the election to the house involves taking Rocky Mountain Red states like Utah, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming. The only states at risk for Hillary, if Gary gains traction is New Hampshire and MAYBE Maine.
If Johnson keeps picking up the way he is, we may actually see this happen. My kids have learned quite a bit from this election cycle. One of the best ways to learn is to experience it right?

Old 08-05-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
You mean his contemporaries, no?
Well, they're a little older, and a lot classier and more believable IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections