Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 05:47 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Winning is one thing but does he really want the day to day rigors of being POTUS? Hard to believe someone as thin-skinned as he would weather the daily nit-picking the POTUS is subject to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 05:50 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,626,761 times
Case in point. MSNBC, which has been thumping Trump non-stop for two weeks, today reset its sights on Clinton's alleged perjury during the House Congressional hearings, and more importantly, how her and Obama's secret CIA war in Syria to overthrow Assad, has led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of men, women and children.

It's about time. She's a decrepit human being as are all of her neo-liberal and neo-con supporters.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:57 AM

35,682 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Hillary's alleged sins do NOT define Trumps character -- we can talk about HILLY or we can talk about Trump the deflection is making me crazy! In every conversation or post say something about TRUMP first words are HILLY...... aghrhrgrhrhgh

I will say it again- I never got the job or promotion by talking about my opponents downfalls-- and when you get to the pearly gates and God ask you about what you did --there will NEVER be excuses or finger pointing to the next guy in line--

I HATE what we are teaching the kids- NOT to take responsibility for their actions and man UP and say when they are wrong - this goes for BOTH sides---

Old 08-19-2016, 08:04 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
It's all good now. I am glad he asked forgiveness and said he was wrong hurting people with words. An act of humility by a man. His last several speeches were great, on point, on the issues, no negative words toward certain individuals.
I'm glad because I am for Trump/Pence 100%, I hope this continues.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
It's all good now. I am glad he asked forgiveness and said he was wrong hurting people with words. An act of humility by a man. His last several speeches were great, on point, on the issues, no negative words toward certain individuals.
I'll say this much, it has totally changed the news cycle as the media claims victory and turns its guns on Clinton. Kellyanne Conway's fingerprints are all over this new strategy.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:12 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Watch the polls. There is nothing the American public loves more than to forgive and give a second chance. It is the stuff of myths and glory. The media will love it. They won and now they will forgive Papa Bear for his tantrum - as long as he gives interviews and pulls in big ratings for the debates.

America is so beautifully corrupt and therefore quite predictable.
Sorry, not to be outdone, Hillary Clinton apologizes for any and all things she has and has not done. Hillary wins.

Mick

Old 08-19-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Sorry, not to be outdone, Hillary Clinton apologizes for any and all things she has and has not done. Hillary wins.

Mick
Waiting for that mea culpa. But in her case it wouldn't be just words that caused pain. It would also be the wars she championed which killed and harmed millionns.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:16 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
You think some vague, unspecified "apology" magically negates a years' worth of garbage that has come out of his mouth non-stop?

This isn't Harry Potter-land. He can't simply say a few words, wave a magic wand and erase everything that came before it. And unfortunately for him, we live in the digital age, where every single atrocity that he has uttered will be played and replayed to remind the voters of who he really is.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:24 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
No problem. He'll just express regret again. Politico's do it all the time. It's a winning strategy.
People are not as stupid as you think they are. Nobody is buying Trump 2.0's fake "regret". He used someone else's words, not his own, and delivered them via teleprompter with a blatant lack of sincerity.

He has no remorse whatsoever for his comments towards Mexicans, women, the disabled, bereaved parents etc etc and the fact that he did not make specific references to these comments in his supposed "apology" renders it pretty much meaningless.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
People are not as stupid as you think they are. Nobody is buying Trump 2.0's fake "regret". He used someone else's words, not his own, and delivered them via teleprompter with a blatant lack of sincerity.

He has no remorse whatsoever for his comments towards Mexicans, women, the disabled, bereaved parents etc etc and the fact that he did not make specific references to these comments in his supposed "apology" renders it pretty much meaningless.
They'll buy it as quickly as they bought Bill Clinton's remoarse. It is part of the culture of forgiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections