Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 03:45 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,296,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Are you another black head counter? Can't talk to blacks unless you can herd a large group of them together? Assume all whites care nothing about their fellow citizens?
They aren't even paying attention my friend. That is my point here. What incentive do you think the average black voter that voters 90 percent Democrat has to turn on CNN and watch Donald Trump wax the poetic? I'm sure many people in his crowds to care about them but he is aiming a message to a group that isn't even there. It serves no purpose other than to make the nervous white people believe that he really isn't racist.

9,267 posts, read 5,129,151 times
That was the context of the speech.

4,587 posts, read 2,603,438 times
When Trump promised to help blacks, his supporters, didnt know how to react. They arent at Trump rallies to hear that.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Let me offer an explanation to those on the Left that want to keep American Blacks in tow solely for their votes.

Blacks have been played for decades by the Democrats. I would think by now they as a bloc wouldn't fall for it any more.

They are promised a place at the table if they deliver the votes to keep these Washington royals in power.

But after the balloon-drop, and the confetti gets swept up, Blacks find themselves in the same predicament.

Decade after decade, since Lyndon Johnson, the joke has been on them.

They indeed have nothing to lose by voting for a political outsider. The future will tell.
They have nothing to gain either. Trump hasn't even said what he would do for them as a group. Just the same message he gives everyone else "I will make it better, believe me."

Old 08-19-2016, 03:51 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,953,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
They aren't even paying attention my friend. That is my point here. What incentive do you think the average black voter that voters 90 percent Democrat has to turn on CNN and watch Donald Trump wax the poetic? I'm sure many people in his crowds to care about them but he is aiming a message to a group that isn't even there. It serves no purpose other than to make the nervous white people believe that he really isn't racist.
All Trump can do is address their issues. Black issues are something that will need to be fixed by all people...all voters, governement, corporations, Wall Street. Talking to a group of 50 blacks doesn't automatically fix everything. The fact that people even care what the crowd looks like just goes to show how racially divisive people's minds have become. Does Trump turn away blacks at the gate? Nope, anyone that wants to listen can come.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:55 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,052,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
When Trump promised to help blacks, his supporters, didnt know how to react. They arent at Trump rallies to hear that.

TRUTH! Trump is simply using blacks as a way to push his anti-immigrant stance. His claim is immigrants are taking your jobs. He is pitting one group against another. Game recognize game.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:58 PM

465 posts, read 257,565 times
The irony of people who know absolutely nothing of the Black community discussing what is best for the Black community is comical to me. Black people are not voting for Trump for quite a few reasons. I can speak for myself and and all of the college educated, well employed Black people that I know when I say this...the primary reason Trump will never get more than a handful of Black votes is: We know bigots when we see them. The Trump campaign and those who support it are infected with it and blinded by it. Not all...but what I've seen, heard, and read here is all the evidence I need to support that assertion.

Why would Black people vote alongside a block of people who we know good and well would not lose a wink of sleep if we all dropped off of the face of the Earth? The same people who would ask for Black support of Trump, are the same folks who would argue that a Black 12 year old playing with a toy gun deserved to die because he "looked like a thug".

Old 08-19-2016, 03:58 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,491,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Heard his new slogan? What you think folks ?
Sounds very desperate.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
All Trump can do is address their issues. Black issues are something that will need to be fixed by all people...all voters, governement, corporations, Wall Street. Talking to a group of 50 blacks doesn't automatically fix everything. The fact that people even care what the crowd looks like just goes to show how racially divisive people's minds have become. Does Trump turn away blacks at the gate? Nope, anyone that wants to listen can come.
See that's the thing. He isn't addressing their issues. All he is doing is saying "Things are bad so you need to vote for me." That isn't addressing any issues. I don't think you Trump supporters understand just how disliked this guy is in the African American community. It also doesn't help the fact that he has bashed Obama for years when he has 90 some percent approval rating among them. Add all his statements to the mix and you can see where this is headed. Maybe he isn't even interested in them either. Perhaps he simply wants to make the voters who are turned off on him feel like he isn't a bigot. I really don't know. What I do know is that he is going to get creamed by minority voters in November.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:01 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Trump just gave Clinton another ad. I expect the Clinton campaign and black leaders to emphatically address Trump's question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections