Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 09:15 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,953,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Think of all the things flood victims could use.... Play-Doh isn't really one of them.

Food, water, cleaning supplies, diapers, so many things. Except Play-Doh.
Ok, it's plain this is the hammer the left is going to keep pounding on.

Once again, there WERE cleaning supplies, blankets, water, diapers, food in that semi. Are people so dumb they think Trump send down a semi loaded with Play-doh??????

Yes, there was Play-Doh and schools supplies INCLUDED in the shipment for the children who had lost everything, including their toys. I truly hope this is the end of the Play-Doh threads, but somehow I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 09:20 AM

25,592 posts, read 17,318,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post

Once again, there WERE cleaning supplies, blankets, water, diapers, food in that semi. Are people so dumb they think Trump send down a semi loaded with Play-doh??????

Yes, there was Play-Doh and schools supplies INCLUDED in the shipment for the children who had lost everything, including their toys. I truly hope this is the end of the Play-Doh threads, but somehow I doubt it.
LOL! Democrats always assume everyone is as dumb as they are.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Criticizing Trump for rendering aid. Sleazy. Absolutely sleazy.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:22 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,074,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post

They know that. It ain't worth the time and effort to keep posting the truth. They don't care. These days I wish that folks would just stop engaging, so that partisan liberals on this site (more particularly the partisan liberals who are being paid to post stupid sh*t) could just talk to themselves in the echo chamber of their own making.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:25 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,083,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Very obscure site. Read between the lines if it bothers you.. Trump shows up with a semi trailer full of supplies and helps. No press. Leadership man, leadership. Pure and simple cut to the chase.
So there was no press, and yet there are plenty of photos and stories and everyone knows about it? How does that claim compute, exactly?

If he had wanted to help without anyone knowing about it, he could've sent supplies anonymously. Yet he didn't. It was political, 100%. Of course his dumb supporters think it wasn't, and even worse, that it somehow makes up for all the terrible things has has said and done, not to mention his awful proposals. He doesn't care about those people. He cares that the news strokes his ego a bit more.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:40 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,579,909 times
I'm sure there was no political motivation in his decision to do this

Old 08-20-2016, 10:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Did you miss the part about "no press, no media, no advance notice"?.
Dont for a second bye it.. He has 24/7 secret service protection, and a candidate for President.. media would follow him everywhere..

Old 08-20-2016, 10:33 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,322,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Criticizing Trump for rendering aid. Sleazy. Absolutely sleazy.
I agree with this quote and those similar

Old 08-20-2016, 10:37 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
Ha ha. Sure he did.

People can see right through this photo op.

When has Trump ever visited or helped out a disaster zone before trying to prop up his sad campaign?

"...As it turns out, though, there actually were members of the press allowed, and the candidate did use the occasion to attack his political opponent, and there were opportunities for photographs, but true to his word, Trump did “help out.” Pool cameras trailed Trump for his entire visit, and over the course of those several hours, Trump “helped out” by unloading a truckload of toys for 49 seconds, these 49 seconds...

...After that, it was into the fire house, out the back door, and back to the Trump plane...."

Watch Donald Trump Spend Exactly 49 Seconds

Old 08-20-2016, 10:42 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,713,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I am a Trump supporter, but I dont like things like this. Everyone knows hes doing it for the press and to "show" Democrats the way it should be done.

Trump in the past, has given alot, I wish he would have made many of his previous givings public, so it didnt appear to be politically motivated..
if you needed a life saving operation and were a week from death and a really rich person in society swept in and paid for your care, would it really matter at the end of the day what the 'motive' was? isn't the bottom line the actual charitable contributions and time spent helping? what's the difference WHY its done, shouldn't a person get credit for the actual actions no matter what the motive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections