Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 03:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,301,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
As pointed out earlier a giant flag is all that it takes for you to proclaim Clinton "toast in FL" despite the poll results? And you wonder why we laugh at so many of the Trump supporters.
Well they may be right. Though I have never seen any signs or bumper stickers (he's not real popular in South Fla), that kid in Jupiter who killed two people and cannibalized the guy was wearing a Make America Great Again hat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 03:54 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,614,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I drove by it last Sunday and they has something that looked Colonial. Stars in a circle- probably total stars equating number of Conferate states.
Freedom is irreplaceable, but whoever owns that house has a screw loose.

One of the things I like about Texas is the wear it on your sleeve patriotism. During my eight years here..U.S. flags in so many different places. Texas flags as well....which some might see as unpatriotic, but I don't.

The thing that seems different about this election cycle....something that I don't remember previously being aware of...is the number of pick up trucks I see with sturdy flag mounts in the center of the bed. The flag mounts are being utilized (I notice these while driving my car)......usually for large U.S. flags, but sometimes for.........

Old 08-22-2016, 04:00 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,519,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Interesting. I live in tampa and have not seen this huge flag. Also never seen a trump bumper sticker in the city of tampa or Florida except in Naples/fort Myers on this young boys car that broke down.
Yard signs are everywhere with Trump where I live. I saw one Clinton sign and noticed that it was Clinton for Prison. See Bernie stickers all the time, rarely Clinton. Makes one wonder about the accuracy of the polls in FL.

The flag on I 75 is hard for anyone to miss, but the compound is practicing its second amendment rights even though offensive to many, including African Americans who think the Confed flag portrays a pro-slavery stance.

Our community has a ton of rednecks in pickups with huge Confed Flag from the bed of their trucks. They're giving the middle finger to the PC crowd. Without a doubt they're pro-Trump.

BTW, if you quizzed these redneck hillbillies about the Civil War (ie name one Confed General other than Robert E. Lee), probably most couldn't name one. Historical reasons for them showing the flag? My ass.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:20 PM

we've got some really swell people here in FL....today news of a tip comment left by one couple for their Hispanic descent (but born in the USA) waitress here.....Not telling, but anyone want to guess which candidate this idiotic couple is voting for? I'm thinking they're going to vote for the Big Orange Bloviating Idiot.

http://www.tampabay.com/resources/im...33845_8col.jpg

Old 08-23-2016, 03:55 AM

we do some dumb stuff here....

St Petersburg, FL

https://scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...b5&oe=583F2FBF

Old 08-23-2016, 04:02 AM

82 posts, read 63,183 times
I'm surprised the flag isn't a Cleveland Cavaliers one. You know, since you guys used the 1.3 million folks attending the Cavs' parade celebration to depict Trump's rally in Florida.

Last edited by Portland222; 08-23-2016 at 05:14 AM..

Old 08-23-2016, 04:25 AM

26,589 posts, read 15,157,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
So if I make a slightly bigger Hillary flag and place it in Florida, then Hillary would be in the lead there?

Old 08-23-2016, 04:34 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,997,505 times
Default Git Yah Some TRUMP Y'ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Trump nation baby!! Let the haters hate.
Well Said eddiehaskell ... I live among the so called educated folks with the $$$ ... and they are Trump all the way! ... My working class hero's are also right there with Mr. Trump ! ... 18 holes today anyone ? ... Come and get ya some TRUMP ! ... Old Sgt. LAMAR SAYS SO !

Old 08-23-2016, 04:40 AM

16,353 posts, read 10,473,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Yard signs are everywhere with Trump where I live. I saw one Clinton sign and noticed that it was Clinton for Prison. See Bernie stickers all the time, rarely Clinton. Makes one wonder about the accuracy of the polls in FL.

The flag on I 75 is hard for anyone to miss, but the compound is practicing its second amendment rights even though offensive to many, including African Americans who think the Confed flag portrays a pro-slavery stance.

Our community has a ton of rednecks in pickups with huge Confed Flag from the bed of their trucks. They're giving the middle finger to the PC crowd. Without a doubt they're pro-Trump.

BTW, if you quizzed these redneck hillbillies about the Civil War (ie name one Confed General other than Robert E. Lee), probably most couldn't name one. Historical reasons for them showing the flag? My ass.
I see the same thing where I live in rural Maryland. I see Trump flags and signs but none for Hillary. And guess what? Trump is going to get his ass kicked in Maryland, just as every other GOP candidate has.

And this boys and girls is why projecting a winner based on flag sightings is really really dumb.

Old 08-23-2016, 04:42 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,700,715 times
If Clinton wins there will be a major shift in what many think the word "America" stands for. In our history so many Americans sign up to fight for America but now we see America is being attacked from within. Beware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections