Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 12:21 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times

Advertisements

Seriously https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/don...-house-report/

Trump doesn't want to be President. He wants to make more money on TV!

Trump seems to think that this White House gig is a part time job.

Last edited by UB50; 08-22-2016 at 12:31 AM..

Old 08-22-2016, 03:28 AM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
A 2011 conversation with an NBC exec has your knickers in a twist? Were you equally outraged when our actual president invited a convicted felon with an ankle monitor to be part of an advisory team at the White House?

Old 08-22-2016, 04:22 AM

1,099 posts, read 900,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Seriously https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/don...-house-report/

Trump doesn't want to be President. He wants to make more money on TV!

I'm sure he could. There are an awful lot of people that need to be told "you're fired" (start with Obama).

A 2011 interview, huh? Reach much? Give it a rest already

Old 08-22-2016, 04:33 AM

26,463 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
It certainly is a full time gig, you can't be out resting and playing golf while major flooding and other issues are happening.

The Obama Golf Counter - I will not rest until...

In all seriousness...I am sure the Obama supporters will arrive and defend any appearance he does on a TV show as president, as Obama had his TV spots like between two ferns, slow jamming the news, etc...

...But I'd prefer Trump not engage in any public firings of inefficient or corrupt officials...just do it behind closed doors.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:47 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It certainly is a full time gig, you can't be out resting and playing golf while major flooding and other issues are happening.

The Obama Golf Counter - I will not rest until...

In all seriousness...I am sure the Obama supporters will arrive and defend any appearance he does on a TV show as president, as Obama had his TV spots like between two ferns, slow jamming the news, etc...

...But I'd prefer Trump not engage in any public firings of inefficient or corrupt officials...just do it behind closed doors.

What do you expect ANY President to do, chain himself (or herself) into the oval office and never come out for 4 or 8 years ? How about you, do YOU get weekends off, or a yearly vacation ? Why do YOU not work 7 days a week/24 hours a day ? You should be supporting your family better !

Very few of us could maintain the pace and lifestyle that the Presidency requires. It is not a 9-5 job by any stretch of the imagination, and yet, we complain when he gets a much deserved rest or weekend away from the job. And I bet he still has to take calls and discuss government issues even when he does get away. He or she can never lead a normal life again. Things we do, like just going for a walk, or shopping alone, can never happen again ever for someone who has taken this job. Reagan said it was like living in a cage, and he was right.

As for this Louisiana thing, give it a rest. If anything, he was being considerate of the recovery efforts being conducted there, not wanting to go there right away and take valuable resources away from the real work that needed to be done. A Presidential visit would have accomplished nothing that he could not do by sending the proper people there instead of him..........it is called delegation !

If some of you want to run for President and work 24/7, have at it. But until you do, try to be reasonable about it and not poke sticks at Obama just because you don't like the man.

Don

Old 08-22-2016, 05:15 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
What do you expect ANY President to do, chain himself (or herself) into the oval office and never come out for 4 or 8 years ? How about you, do YOU get weekends off, or a yearly vacation ? Why do YOU not work 7 days a week/24 hours a day ? You should be supporting your family better !

Very few of us could maintain the pace and lifestyle that the Presidency requires. It is not a 9-5 job by any stretch of the imagination, and yet, we complain when he gets a much deserved rest or weekend away from the job. And I bet he still has to take calls and discuss government issues even when he does get away. He or she can never lead a normal life again. Things we do, like just going for a walk, or shopping alone, can never happen again ever for someone who has taken this job. Reagan said it was like living in a cage, and he was right.

As for this Louisiana thing, give it a rest. If anything, he was being considerate of the recovery efforts being conducted there, not wanting to go there right away and take valuable resources away from the real work that needed to be done. A Presidential visit would have accomplished nothing that he could not do by sending the proper people there instead of him..........it is called delegation !

If some of you want to run for President and work 24/7, have at it. But until you do, try to be reasonable about it and not poke sticks at Obama just because you don't like the man.

Don
For the people who p*** and moan about obama taking a vacation, but defend trump inexplicably thinking that he could do "Apprentice j- Whitehouse Edition" while president. OK... y'all are taking hypocrisy to a whole new limit.

On the other hand, can you imagine trump using "Apprentice - Whitehouse Edition" as a way for him to decide who to nominate for cabinet posts? geez.

ETA: as for having one's "knickers in a twist' over the interview. It shows a significant lack of understanding about what is actually involved in being the president. THAT is the part that should have everyone's "knickers in a twist". duuuuhhhh

Last edited by kat in aiken; 08-22-2016 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: add text

Old 08-22-2016, 05:31 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
First off, "Raw Story", seriously. Also, the Hillary supporters are so gullible, but then, I guess that explains why they support her as I sure can't figure out it!

I guess, that Hillary's supporters have no sense of humor. Maybe just no darn sense at all?

Trump will be a great POTUS. Can't wait!

Old 08-22-2016, 06:29 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Well, he clearly wouldn't be busy Presidenting. I mean, he would leave that to all those great people he hires.

You know, like this lunatic...

Quote:
Before the event, former Minnesota Republican Congresswoman Michele Bachmann said she has been advising Trump on foreign policy and issues of concern to Christian conservatives. She said Trump is right to call for more restrictive immigration policies.
Trump visit met with protests, politics | Capitol View | Minnesota Public Radio News

Trump is nothing more than a carnival barker whose entire campaign is a validation of P.T. Barnum's maxim that there's a fool born every minute.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:03 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Can't wait to see him tell Loretta Lying Lynch "You're Fired".

Old 08-22-2016, 07:20 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
A 2011 conversation with an NBC exec has your knickers in a twist? Were you equally outraged when our actual president invited a convicted felon with an ankle monitor to be part of an advisory team at the White House?

Don't forget when Obama had the muslim deserter Berghdahl and his dad come to the rose garden and the father started his speech with a muslim prayer. I think Obama was even taken back a bit with that one from the look on his face.

Trump will fit right in at the WH and role of President The office is after all the biggest reality show in the world.

I can see him now doing a state of the union speech and pausing at a critical cliff hanging spot for a commercial break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections