Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 09:21 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,520,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
No real point in trying to argue with these people.

They live in a delusional fantasy world where basic statistical methods are nothing more than a liberal conspiracy.
.....and yet another hex put upon the world by the "intellectual elite." Just can't trust that fancy book-learning.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:47 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,961,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They are all a bunch of liars.. the liberals.. they lie and lie and lie. They are being found out.
Man somebody needs to turn off Fox News, and go into recovery, fast. Your hate is bordering on the irrational. They're just votes! Stop taking it way too seriously. I swear you right-wingers treat politics like your life deoended on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
So that's your answer to obviously rigged polls? Eh whatever. She "wins" since it will be rigged anyways then millions of patriots will wipe out the gun stores buying everything left up and HOPEFULLY a patriot or more than one will see to their duty to protect America and if not I hope we can keep the congress out of her evil grasp and block every single thing she wants including SC justices
Lol! Did you make that up or did you steal that from Trump's speeches? I'll say the same thing I said to Taratova. You need to calm down, and realize your view and vote isn't the only correct one. Calm down before you do something illegal

Old 08-23-2016, 06:54 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,298,021 times
Quote:
Twist it however you want. The poll is illegitimate and just more reasons to not trust the polls. I heard today only 12% of democrats even find Hillary trustworthy! ROFL....I wonder where they got that from....I don't trust the polls whether they show Trump up or not....
Right, it's an A+ pollster, but the conservative treehouse with it's vast knowledge knows better.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:57 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,298,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Since they make their money based on how accurate they are, you will see the closer you get to Election Day, the more accurate they become. Will be waiting to see if Real Clear Politics includes them.
They do. Monmouth, Marist, Selzer, Quinnipiac, and Fox News are considered the best in the business.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:31 AM

25,982 posts, read 22,169,754 times
My answer to "rigged" polls, which anyone of them could be, is to ignore them and listen to what the people are saying, look at the condition of our country, and look at the issues that need to be addressed to see which candidate should get the attention and votes of the citizens.

I did realize there was something going on with Monmouth, it was just too obvious, well, except for the delusional. It was too far out of line with all the other polls. I would not be surprised that those that support Hillary wouldn't recognize deceit when it was there right in front of their eyes.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:33 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,227,468 times
Quote:
Not rigging polls to favor your candidate should be an easy concept as well yet Reuters AND Monmouth have been caught now.
Just because you don't understand how polls work doesn't mean they are wrong.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:35 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,979,507 times
Trumpkins will come up with all sorts of excuses to discredit polls, they truly are desparate! Yet when trump leads in polls they have no problems bragging about them LOL!

Old 08-23-2016, 07:37 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,093,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
A poll re-weighting a sample to make sure it is a representative sample of the area you are polling doesn't make it illegitimate.. It is polling 101, any pollster that is worth anything will re-weight polls if needed to make sure the sample coincides with the population at large.
You can't expect a first grader just learning their sums to understand advanced calculus. That's what arguing with some of these posters about weighted polls is akin to. Pat them on the head and walk away, Smash. It's a futile endeavor.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,093,496 times
Quote:
So that's your answer to obviously rigged polls? Eh whatever. She "wins" since it will be rigged anyways then millions of patriots will wipe out the gun stores buying everything left up and HOPEFULLY a patriot or more than one will see to their duty to protect America and if not I hope we can keep the congress out of her evil grasp and block every single thing she wants including SC justices
Is that a threat against Hillary Clinton? Better be careful there or you may earn yourself a not so pleasant visit from some government-type people who will disabuse you of your false bravado pretty quickly.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:46 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,979,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You can't expect a first grader just learning their sums to understand advanced calculus. That's what arguing with some of these posters about weighted polls is akin to. Pat them on the head and walk away, Smash. It's a futile endeavor.
Most of trump voters are poorly educated folks who have very little understanding of anything intellectual, let alone statistics!

According to trump's logic, election is rigged if he can't win, polls are manipulated when they show him trailing. When polls show trump doing well, trump and his supporters brag about them all day long. Trump and his supporters give the prime example of hypocrisy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections