Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If your candidate doesn’t win, will you support the new President?
Absolutely. This is the Leader of Our Country. 2 2.27%
Sort of. Not what I would have hoped, but I’ll give him/her a chance. 12 13.64%
I’ll try. It will be a struggle though. 8 9.09%
I’m not sure. I’d rather not commit just yet. 3 3.41%
It’s doubtful. I’m still convinced my candidate was better. 8 9.09%
No I will not. Out of the question. 24 27.27%
I will actively oppose his/her policies at every turn. 31 35.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 08:35 PM

1,202 posts, read 643,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
So the non-winner is an enemy?
From my view the enemy is Hillary Clinton,Her party and her supporters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
So you support the gridlock that is happening with laws in the federal government? Your "fight fire with fire" tactic is what makes politics so hellish. There will never be a singular party. Learn to work with them. Seriously, do you have the mentality of a middle schooler? Learn to work with the group partners you were stuck with for your project. There will always be an "opposing" party. That will never change.
Sure do. The current political system doesn't do a single thing to help actual Americans. Its corrupt and back room deals to get politicians rich. The sooner it dies the better. This country will be better when we are united under one banner by one leader for one cause!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 08:36 PM

With their way the demoncrat party and MOST of the republican party have opened the doors to a flood of invaders that are destroying the America my founding fathers fought for and wanted for its future. I will NOT help it by going along with their anti American policies.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:37 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,840,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Sure do. The current political system doesn't do a single thing to help actual Americans. Its corrupt and back room deals to get politicians rich. The sooner it dies the better. This country will be better when we are united under one banner by one leader for one cause!
So you want a dictatorship! Move to Russia then, he is a right-wing authoritarian like you'd want.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
So you want a dictatorship! Move to Russia then, he is a right-wing authoritarian like you'd want.
I am not Russian. I want a LEADER that is picked based off of the leadership principle and not because 60 million morons thought his speeches were good or he is handsome or because she is a woman or because he was the first black guy to seriously run for president etc etc.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:45 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
If Trump is elected, I promise to treat him with the same level of respect and support that the Republicans have shown to President Obama.

In fact, I'll be magnanimous and promise to support him TWICE as much as Republicans supported President Obama. Oh, heck, I'll go to 10 times as much.

With Republicans' support of the president at zero percent for eight years now, I can afford to be very generous in my matching support of a President Trump.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:21 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,910,129 times
Kind of a strange question and poll. Why would someone's support change based on who won or lost.

I'll answer this one way, say after 4 years of being elected I am happy with how the president did, I could support their reelection, but that's a lot of ifs. But, I don't think either Clinton or Trump will be good presidents. I see 4-8 years of more crappy leadership either way. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:48 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,840,424 times
Quote:
I am not Russian. I want a LEADER that is picked based off of the leadership principle and not because 60 million morons thought his speeches were good or he is handsome or because she is a woman or because he was the first black guy to seriously run for president etc etc.
No you want a singular party running this country that only runs under YOUR ideals. That is the definition of authoritarian and a dictatorship. I disagree with the Republican party almost every tooth and nail but I appreciate their existence for the sole fact that I don't even want the Dems (who I like a bit more, not a whole lot as I am a third-party member so I still dislike them) controlling the whole show. I think that without conflicting ideas working together to make PASSABLE (as in passing Congress for once) laws then we have a failed government. And currently since nothing is passing because of people like a mindset yourself, we have a failing government.

Do you really think the President runs the show, or the Congress who will fight the President tooth and nail solely because of the label she/he has? Think about it. How can a President do anything with a Congress who won't allow them to do so? The President nowadays, especially with a Congress as childish as yourself who doesn't know how to work in groups anymore cannot do anything so why does it matter if their speeches or good or what gender they are if they can't do anything? All that matters nowadays are our Senators and our Representatives, much more than our President but unfortunately people don't see that either.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:46 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,915,096 times
My loyalty would and will always be to the country, and the office of president is a part of that, so yes, I will support the office, not necessarily the person who occupies that office. I support President Obama in that he is the president, I don't support his policies.

I will actively oppose any policies that I feel are a threat to this country and what it stands for, and what it was created for, no matter who they come from.

That being said, I feel that BOTH candidates this year support policies that are a potential threat to the fabric of this country.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:58 AM

35,770 posts, read 21,134,823 times
Quote:
From my view the enemy is Hillary Clinton,Her party and her supporters.

YES and the majority votes-and WINS- so when the times comes stick to that - it aint my way or the highways unless you want to buy one of those little islands and become your own king -
if Trump loses --hope you teach your kids respect for whatever authority is before them- or you will reap what you sow later.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:01 AM

35,770 posts, read 21,134,823 times
Quote:

this is a democracy and if 60mil people vote it so-- you must learn to live with it. WE all want something - time to face reality- Trump might make a good president but the very sentiments you express of run it like you are "KING" is what turn many off- but light a big fire under others- That is not America... and if you really want to change something run for office -
I'll stick with upholding the constitution for ALL citizens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections