Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 07:26 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times

Advertisements

Yet another formerly staunchly red state now has Hillary tied with Donnie. Just announced on the Maddow show, so no links available yet, but this is just crazy. I will update if I can find a link but it's legit. It was a poll commissioned by the SC Democratic party, but per the report, it was done by a legit polling company.

Trump has to be turning blue states red to have any hope of winning, and instead, many bright red states are slipping out of his grasp.

Sometimes I swear, I can almost believe the conspiracy theories that this whole thing has been a sham and Trump is in cahoots with the Clintons to make Hillary President. Maybe I've been selling him short and he's actually this good of an actor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 07:29 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yet another formerly staunchly red state now has Hillary tied with Donnie. Just announced on the Maddow show, so no links available yet, but this is just crazy. I will update if I can find a link but it's legit. It was a poll commissioned by the SC Democratic party, but per the report, it was done by a legit polling company.

Trump has to be turning blue states red to have any hope of winning, and instead, many bright red states are slipping out of his grasp.

Sometimes I swear, I can almost believe the conspiracy theories that this whole thing has been a sham and Trump is in cahoots with the Clintons to make Hillary President. Maybe I've been selling him short and he's actually this good of an actor.
Why dont you check the bank accounts of various state government officials in theses states..probably got a large payoff from the Clinton camp

Old 08-23-2016, 07:31 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
keep dreaming.. let us know in nov,

Old 08-23-2016, 07:32 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
keep dreaming.. let us know in nov,
It's not like she's going to need SC to have an electoral college landslide, it's just the absurdity that South Carolina could even be considered in play.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:34 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
It's not like she's going to need SC to have an electoral college landslide, it's just the absurdity that South Carolina could even be considered in play.
it is absurd you should calm down

Old 08-23-2016, 07:59 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
It would seem so, due to S. Carolina's history, but the state has become the place in the south to move to over the past 2-3 years, due to some hi-tech flourishing and some new factory building that have gone hand in hand.

It's also beginning to draw northern retirees as a mild 4-season alternative to Florida.

It's turning into a southern Colorado or Utah, where the rural, conservative voters are now being overwhelmed by the younger urban voters.

This isn't true everywhere, but some areas are definitely much more liberal than in the past, while others remain very conservative. If Clinton went there, she's got some statistics that made the trip worthwhile, just as her trip to Utah was. She probably won't carry either state, but every elector counts, and she's obviously trying to maximize her electors in red states, something the Democrats haven't done for quite a whlle.

Obviously, Hillary has her own version of Obama's 5-state strategy that she's using, and while it may differ in some ways, the Obama database must still be working for her as much as it did for Obama. Any inroads in a solid red state is better than none at all.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:31 PM

1,202 posts, read 642,091 times
Poll: Clinton tied with Trump in SC | TheHill

Some off the wall pollster that was commissioned...wait for it

by the South Carolina Democratic Party!

Old 08-23-2016, 08:34 PM

20,060 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Hillary Clinton on her way to the Iron Bar Hotel.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:45 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:

She says she will turn Texas and Utah Blue also. Somebody is certainly "crazy".

Old 08-23-2016, 08:50 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
She says she will turn Texas and Utah Blue also. Somebody is certainly "crazy".
The point is, some very red states appear to at the very least be in play this time around. When was the last time you could say that about South Carolina and Utah? Will they go blue this election? Odds are against it, but even so, the amazing thing is that the possibility is there.

As you guys have been telling us for months now, this election is like none that have come before. A Democrat being competitive in South Carolina two months before the election would seem to bear that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections