Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 07:21 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
One word. NAFTA .... Hypocrite Clinton
He supporters aren't smart enough to get it. That's why she can lie so much and it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 07:35 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,238,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Let's talk about hypocrites for a minute.

Donald Trump rails against companies who offshore their manufacturing.

Donald Trump offshores his clothing line.

That's your lesson today on the meaning of hypocrisy.

Here's the question I have asked at least three times now on this board and not a single cult member will respond.

Trump is, by his own admission, a billionaire. Why can't he open a manufacturing facility here in the States and show everyone how it can be done? He has the means, and supposedly he believes it's how we "Make America Great Again," so why doesn't he do it? Just imagine the goodwill and great press that would bring for him.

And yet, all he does is talk...
It is called fiduciary duty, look it up.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:44 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
They aren't effective on me; I don't watch commercial TV. But Id'd like to thank all the liberals who wasted their money on them.
They aren't targeting you, sir/madam.

Mick

Old 08-26-2016, 07:45 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,758 times
Here's a question for Trump cultists, oops I mean supporters. If Hillary Clinton can be blamed for NAFTA, a law that was enacted when she was First Lady, does this mean I can blame Laura Bush for the terrible Iraq War in 2003 that destabilized the entire Middle East. Can I also blame Mary Todd Lincoln for the outbreak of the Civil War?

Just curious how much blame we can place on the First Ladies for the decisions that their husbands made.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:45 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
It is called fiduciary duty, look it up.
There is absolutely no fiduciary duty on the part of the Board if Trump is the sole owner.

Mick

Old 08-26-2016, 07:53 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
I'm in Ohio so we will get ALL of the ads. I saw 3 new Clinton ads today and the post title was the tag line from one.

How influential are ads normally? Is there any way to measure the effectiveness? Is Hillary trying to widen the lead in OH? Will ads help??
Usually, before they run an ad, they'll have run them by test audiences. Same as a lot of regular commercial ads.

The right ads with the right timing do result in voter swings, as nearly as we can tell. You run polls both before and after the ad. These are in-house polls, you'll never see them in the news.

Of course Clinton is trying to widen the gap in Ohio.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:57 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
The difference with Trump and Hillary, is that Trump wants to change the trade deals, and make it much more advantageous to produce things here in the USA, while Hillary calls the TPP, the "Gold Standard" of trade deals.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:59 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
At one time in my life I worked in advertising, and there is a saying in advertising. "All advertising works, but some is just better than others." Even the ads we hate to watch on TV get us talking about the product. We may never buy it, but we know about it.

If the experts didn't think it was doing any good to run these political ads, they wouldn't be spending their money on them.

Don

Old 08-26-2016, 08:20 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
At one time in my life I worked in advertising, and there is a saying in advertising. "All advertising works, but some is just better than others." Even the ads we hate to watch on TV get us talking about the product. We may never buy it, but we know about it.

If the experts didn't think it was doing any good to run these political ads, they wouldn't be spending their money on them.

Don
It's more like if these "experts" didn't think the voting public in America was as dumb as a box of rocks they wouldn't be spending the money.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:25 AM

1,268 posts, read 798,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's more like if these "experts" didn't think the voting public in America was as dumb as a box of rocks they wouldn't be spending the money.
Trump is a nominee of a major political party. Some of us are dumb as box of rocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections