Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 07:20 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times

Advertisements

Trump did an excellent job, which I knew he would do. I pretty much predicted how it would play out. I am sure the President of Mexico is as horrified as I am at the thought of Hillary being POTUS. It only makes sense to embrace the most competent candidate and also the one gracious enough to accept the invitation to speak/meet given by a leader of a foreign country, a neighbor with many of the same concerns as the US.

I think the majority of leaders in the world realize that it has come down to "united we stand" against ISIS and "divided we fall" to ISIS.

Trump is showing that he can gain the respect of foreign leaders, and Hillary shills are just sick with envy.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-01-2016 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: edited because OP was deleted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 07:24 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I agree with you, Ponderosa on most of your assessment of Trump's personality shortcomings. He has some doozies. However, both Hillary and Trump have displayed and been reported to possess these difficult qualities. Her troubling behavior, untoward personal associations, and irrational comments over the years are well documented.
Hillary has proven over and over again she does not have what it takes to be President. She's just as much a narcissist as Trump and even more of an elitist stuck up snob. If anyone thinks she wants to become president so she can help "the little people" as she has been known to call the average American, you are kidding yourself.
With her, it's all about having her face plastered all over history books as the first women President. Nothing less than that.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:28 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
That's the crux of the problem. The Federal government won't let them do their jobs and if they dare speak out about it, they are canned.
That is just not true. Over 1000 illegals per day! are apprehended at the border, detained and sent back. That number goes up and down with the economy of the US and as it has improved has increased quite a bit this year. It is almost entirely a function of labor demand in the US. This really is not hard to reverse. The illegals who come from Mexico come here for work. Visa violators do so because of economic opportunity. Stop that and you will reduce the flow to a trickle. Romney was right!

Old 09-01-2016, 07:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
So, he sets up this big speech to explain the specifics of his immigration plans, and then offered no specifics.

How will he make Mexico pay for his wall?

Not a word.

He just says he will make things happen, and never offers any specifics.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:32 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That is just not true. Over 1000 illegals per day! are apprehended at the border, detained and sent back. That number goes up and down with the economy of the US and as it has improved has increased quite a bit this year. It is almost entirely a function of labor demand in the US. This really is not hard to reverse. The illegals who come from Mexico come here for work. Visa violators do so because of economic opportunity. Stop that and you will reduce the flow to a trickle. Romney was right!
Yes, those are the ones at check points that are simply turned around on the spot so they can try to enter again at a later time. Previous administrations didn't even count them as being apprehended but the Obama administration does in order to boost their numbers and make it look like they are apprehending border crossers. It's joke.
I agree with you. Take away their ability to be illegally employed here and the numbers will quickly shrink to a trickle.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:33 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He is a narcissist who thinks he is the center of the universe. He lacks restraint in his dealing with people who disagree with him, is callous and uncaring to a fault, insists on being the focus of attention at all times, is indecisive (immigration), is a poor judge of character in whom he associates with, and in my opinion is either neurotic or suffering from early dementia. I could go on. He is just plain unfit. I can't imagine him being in the White House (well I can and it is frightening). I'll take 11 million illegals over that if I must.
well there is a whole bunch of unsubstantiated nonsense.

the man who lacks restraint, has managed to do things like get multi-million... and some billion dollar projects done that others couldn't get done... in more than a handful of nations... not exactly the kind of thing that people who "lack restraint" get done...

lacks restraint in those that disagree with him? What I have seen is someone FINALLY HITTING BACK. Trump has been attacked, been called every name in the book and instead of sucking it up and taking it, he hits back. I WANT A GUY that is willing to stand up and give better than he gets. Only people who want to take free shots at HIM don't like it. Those people suck.

Uncaring to a fault? you mean like when he sits down with families who have lost loved ones to criminals that got here illegally because OBAMA LETS THEM? LIKE THAT? or are you talking about the HISTORY of a man who has for years and years, found people who have been hurt and have no advocate and have helped them and made it possible for them to live? The story of the girl whose family was tragically killed and he paid for her college and insured she had a shot in life. or how he paid off the bills and mortgage of a guy that stopped to help him. Or like the black woman who works for him that had an addiction problem and who instead of firing her, got her help, stood by her and helped her regain her life? ALL BEFORE running for public office.

THATFREAKINGKINDOFUNCARING???? LIKE THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Indecisive men don't look their very successful father in the eye and tell him he is wrong, then do the opposite of what the father wants.... and makes multiple BILLION DOLLARS. Indecisive Men don't have buildings named after them in MANHATTAN.

You are right about some of his associations. I heard yesterday, Jesse Jackson going on and on about how awesome Mr. Trump is. I am not a fan of Jackson... but I suppose its worth pointing out since Hillary is calling him a racist.

I could go on like this as long as you got anymore basely fallacious insipid nonsense?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-01-2016 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-01-2016, 07:34 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, he sets up this big speech to explain the specifics of his immigration plans, and then offered no specifics.

How will he make Mexico pay for his wall?

Not a word.

He just says he will make things happen, and never offers any specifics.
come one man. just try to be honest. That speech was full of specifics.

and he has already explained in detail how Mexico will pay for the wall.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:36 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Trump is showing that he can gain the respect of foreign leaders, and Hillary shills are just sick with envy.
Yes, it does show some diplomacy on his part and a lot of people have been waiting to see this.

When he went to Louisiana, the lefties were made because he beat Clinton and Obama to the punch.
Now he goes to Mexico to try and work things out, and again one-ups Clinton.
This weekend he'll go to Detroit to work with the African American leaders on improving the inner-city conditions.

Where is Clinton? Why won't she have a press conference? After all, 90% if them are in her corner. Maybe she prefers to rubbing elbows with rich guys in the Hamptons and sucking their wallets dry. That's what really matter to her. The money.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
come one man. just try to be honest. That speech was full of specifics.

and he has already explained in detail how Mexico will pay for the wall.
Then it should be easy for you to quote how he will make Mexico pay for it. I watched the speech, and he DID NOT explain anything.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:37 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I agree with you, Ponderosa on most of your assessment of Trump's personality shortcomings. He has some doozies. However, both Hillary and Trump have displayed and been reported to possess these difficult qualities. Her troubling behavior, untoward personal associations, and irrational comments over the years are well documented.
True. Clinton is far, far from ideal. But I have no doubt that four years from now we will still have a functioning country with most of the same problems we face today and we can do this whole thing again and pick someone better. I do not feel the same with Trump in charge. I think he is dangerous, unpredictable, unskilled, and a significant risk in the White House.

My main issue with Clinton has nothing to do with her personality, honesty, etc. She has been around politics for 40 years and politics is a dirty business. Nobody is clean and I understand that. What gets me about her is that we do know her positions and her vision of US interventionism and promoting democracy around the world is abhorrent to me after so many failures. I hope that public opinion and maybe Congress can hold her in check on this like it did on Obama wanting to meddle in Syria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections