Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 12:21 AM

22,281 posts, read 11,772,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
You do. If you want to win. Hispanics even Republicans ones, understand hispanics are being blamed for all of Americas problems.
I'm of Hispanic descent and no one is blaming me "for all of Americas[sic] problems".

Reasonably intelligent people know that illegal immigration is a big problem. Plus they also know that not all illegals are of Hispanic descent and not all of those who are Hispanic are illegals.

Only those with a massive chip on their shoulder think that the whole country blames them for everything that is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Trump lost the Hispanic vote the moment he declared his candidacy last summer and called Mexicans "criminals , rapists & drug dealers" and painting them all in one broad stroke.
Other Hispanics stand in solidarity with Mexicans because they see what they see in that Trump is a racist bigot.

It's sad that it took these GOP Hispanics this long to realize what a disgusting vile crap of a bigot Trump really is.
So much for "outreach"!

You know darn well that Trump did NOT call all Mexicans "criminals, rapists and drug dealers". So stop repeating that lie.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:36 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,606,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You know darn well that Trump did NOT call all Mexicans "criminals, rapists and drug dealers". So stop repeating that lie.
He left some wiggle room with his words but that's exactly what he dog whistled to his base, IIRC.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:54 AM

1,043 posts, read 893,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
He left some wiggle room with his words but that's exactly what he dog whistled to his base, IIRC.
In your mind the 'wiggle room' goes towards a broad statement for all hispanics. Others know he meant some.

This speaks volumes to the leftist and media trying to use race and nationality to pit us against each other. In case you didn't know he also brings on stage a mother who's son was killed by a Russian Illegal Alien.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:07 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,606,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
In your mind the 'wiggle room' goes towards a broad statement for all hispanics. Others know he meant some.

This speaks volumes to the leftist and media trying to use race and nationality to pit us against each other. In case you didn't know he also brings on stage a mother who's son was killed by a Russian Illegal Alien.
Yeah right. The guy's a real Ghandi.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
He said no such thing---and you know it, too.

You know darn well that he was discussing illegal aliens and he said that not all of them were "rapists" and "murderers".

Old 09-02-2016, 03:42 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,774,312 times
Quote:
Again who is hiring these "illegals"?
I seriously doubt "many hard working, American business owners are either out of business or struggling to get clients.

This is what happens when you have Unfettered capitalism that hates Unions and hire Illegals instead.
Either you are for protecting American workers or you prefer unbridled capitalism that allows millions of undocumented workers to actually thrive in a black market economy instead.

You can't have both so choose a side.
I know wealthy Californians who drive down to a specific corner where they gather in the morning. pick out a few. bring them back to the house to cut the tree, paint, landscape whatever is needed. then take them back

these were jobs local teens and college kids used to do.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:28 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,569,164 times
Quote:
Fair enough but you are blaming illegals instead of the American Employers who hire these undocumented workers and are basically breaking the laws of our own nation!
If the Employers didn't hire them there wouldn't be a "illegal immigration" problem to begin with in regards to low wage manual labor.
Why isn't Trump going after these Employers instead?
They have created a situation where they prefer profits at the point of exploitation of the undocumented workers.

By the way, I don't know many American teens who want to work low wage agriculture jobs .
It's beneath them !
Or the proud Americans who pick Mexicans up at Main St to paint there houses or do odd jobs for them.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:08 AM

734 posts, read 1,629,203 times
Those "proud Americans" that pick up illegals to do odd jobs are not too bright. Even though the illegals are here ILLEGALLY, if they get hurt on a home owners property, they can sue and they do.
I live in an area that is service oriented. Locals that have spent years building a successful service business are being pushed out by the illegals. Nearby is a sanctuary city (town, actually) and it has been ridden with crime, murders and rapes. There are areas of that town that you won't go to anymore. I see the illegals, on a daily basis, sending the money "home". They live very frugally and work till they have enough money to go back and live like millionaires in their own country. Anyone can rebut what I am saying with skewed logic but I am living this. I know what I see and what I am experiencing. You can't deny what is happening in my area. Everyone here knows it and the once sleepy little scenic tourist towns are turning into full time ghettos.
The thing that cracks me up the most is mohawkx stating that they live here and follow the laws. That's one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard. Sneaking across the border is not following the law!
I am not racist. If you are here legally and pay into the system, assimilate, and follow our laws, then I have respect for you and welcome you. If you are here illegally and suck the system dry at taxpayers expense then good riddance.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:14 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,746,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegals do not contribute to our economy they take from it. Just because they have families here and managed to evade the law for years should not give them a pass on our laws. Do American law breakers get a pass on our laws because they have families and pay taxes? How are illegals working here if not by using a fake or stolen SS number or working for cash evading taxes? Those are felonies! I supposed they should get pass on that to?
Can't stop laughing at this ridiculous comment. Yes, illegal aliens never buy things in the US, helping small businesses. They live on the street so they don't help landlords with rent, pay taxes on their products, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections