Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 07:51 PM

416 posts, read 260,242 times

Advertisements

It's the incessant whining that always brings a tear to my eye, or is it a smile to my face. I don't think I've ever heard more excuses than i have for the pending dumpster disaster. I wonder if it's just what angry people do...whine their lives away.

Matt Lauer, the perfect moderator for this clash...calm, reasonable, seasoned and unbiased.

Nice.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:46 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Heres a young Matt Lauer in PM Magazine.
I remember the Rhode Island version, Matt
co-hosted that one with Sheila Martines (rip).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-xwrWvLswxM

Old 09-02-2016, 12:30 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Not sure how the Matt Lauer rumor got started but he's not going to moderate any of the debates.
Lester Holt will moderate the first one.

Debate moderators announced for presidential debates - CBS News

Old 09-02-2016, 12:31 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Not sure how the Matt Lauer rumor got started but he's not going to moderate any of the debates.
Lester Holt will moderate the first one.

Debate moderators announced for presidential debates - CBS News
It's not a rumor, he is moderating the Commander In Chief Forum being held next week. It's just not a debate.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:36 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
It's not a rumor, he is moderating the Commander In Chief Forum being held next week. It's just not a debate.
Thanks, I didn't realize that was happening.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yeah, trump being civil? What does trump trying to be civil look like? All hunched over like he did at the podium in Mexico yesterday.
Actually, I think that was Trump under the effect of sedatives, not Trump trying to be civil.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:52 PM

25,958 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No. Trump should sue the Clinton Foundation for charity fraud. He thought he was giving money to a charity, not a slush fund.
Is "slush fund" pretty much the same as a "money laundering operation"? If so, that was what all the evidence pointed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Just like any sport.
You have to be good enough to beat the other team and the referees.
All he has to do is debate the mods and crooked Hillary. He's used to having more than one in the debate.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Yep. Everything is going his way right now....something is going on with Hillary and she isn't even coming out to battle these email leaks and other stories coming out every day....Imagine what the polls will say once Wikileaks releases their next batch AND Trump destroys her in the debate?
Well, I think she is fed what she says through an earbud, and my guess is that they have not come up with a defense. I guess they could just blame everything on Colin Powell, losing the cell phones, etc. Oh, I bet he is the one that told her to use "pay for play" also. I hope the old witch gets what she deserves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yeah, trump being civil? What does trump trying to be civil look like? All hunched over like he did at the podium in Mexico yesterday.
Clean your TV or computer screen, something doesn't sound right. At least no one was holding him up, injecting him with anti-seizure meds, he didn't freeze and need to be told to continue you speaking, he at least went to Mexico in the first place, thereby not extending a slap in the face to the invitation. I would suspect that those that followed the losers, the 16 he left behind and the current competition not wouldn't realize professional and/or polite and courteous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Don't fret--I'm sure Trump will threaten to boycott--it may even give him the out he's been looking for. And if he loses the debate he can say it is rigged, so it fits in just great with his campaign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You didn't actually think it would be a fair debate, did you? Guess we will all just have to pray for him to be safe in the Lion's Den.
Anyone in Hillary's path deserves our prayers and needs them considering what happens to people that do that all TOO often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
It's the incessant whining that always brings a tear to my eye, or is it a smile to my face. I don't think I've ever heard more excuses than i have for the pending dumpster disaster. I wonder if it's just what angry people do...whine their lives away.

Matt Lauer, the perfect moderator for this clash...calm, reasonable, seasoned and unbiased.

Nice.
Try using a mirror to check your emotions. That is all I can suggest or ask someone else to tell you what they see.

At least we know Trump and his supporters are alive, can't say that about the competition-not on the Dem side. You realize all of your electronic devices have an "off" button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually, I think that was Trump under the effect of sedatives, not Trump trying to be civil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections