Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 08:55 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times

Advertisements

So, it's not incendiary to our Irish population? Or Lithuanians? Germans? Canadians? Or any other group of immigrants legal or otherwise? Why just Hispanics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 09:53 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Hmm. I might be reevaluating my vote.
You really have to.

Gary Johnson is not a serious candidate.

He's there to help Hillary get elected, it's all a sham, paid for
by the Koch Brothers and their globalist corporate friends,
such as Paul Singer. Gary Johnson's platform is anti-American.

He wants global corporations to escape taxes, is for no protection
against loss of jobs offshore, and wants open borders and no law
enforcement against the flow of drugs, guns, and criminals
into this country. He deserves nothing but our deepest resentment.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:34 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
People entering the US without authorization are illegal aliens and they need their butts carted out of illegal status to legal in their country of origin. Too simple. Geesh, as an uneducated Trump supporter, I get it!

So if no human could be an "illegal" alien than no person could be a legal immigrant, because a person can't be legal. Right? Bunch of nonsense.

Call them what you may, just get them out of my pocket for good!

Old 09-02-2016, 12:45 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
I'll buy the anti "illegal" argument using the dictionary definition of the word, and although I support Johnson I'm not a fan of everything he says.

I propose a new word to describe these folks in question. "Foreign invaders" thats what they are. There, no word play games, but to be honest I find this more offensive and pointed than illegal, but you know the old saying, careful what you ask for.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:47 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
I'll buy the anti "illegal" argument using the dictionary definition of the word, and although I support Johnson I'm not a fan of everything he says.

I propose a new word to describe these folks in question. "Foreign invaders" thats what they are. There, no word play games, but to be honest I find this more offensive and pointed than illegal, but you know the old saying, careful what you ask for.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:28 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
People entering the US without authorization are illegal aliens and they need their butts carted out of illegal status to legal in their country of origin. Too simple. Geesh, as an uneducated Trump supporter, I get it!

1. So if no human could be an "illegal" alien than no person could be a legal immigrant, because a person can't be legal. Right? 2. Bunch of nonsense.

Call them what you may, just get them out of my pocket for good!
1. It was just last year that some were taking offense to the term "alien". Only illegal immigration activists have the luxury of complaining to a nation that is continually absorbing illegals, about what that nation CALLS those illegals. Those who immigrate here legally are referred to as legal aliens. Re: any frustrations or distaste they have for the process - those who are doing it legally suck it up and keep quiet because they don't want to do or say ANYTHING that will slow the process down. Trust me. I know.

Travel across the state again for another interview? Sure. Get fingerprints taken again because the first set got lost? Sure. Send more money even though you don't really know what its for? Sure. Fill out another piece of paper? Sure. Get put on hold for three hours? Sure. No problem. Ask me how much I care that those who "live in the shadows" (who increasingly don't live in the shadows) and their hurt feelings?

2. Indeed.

Old 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,391 times
The word "illegal" should not automatically come before immigrant, as we have many immigrants that got into this country legally. 50% of the people in NM are Hispanic a great many of them went through the legal process. That's why he doesn't want people to just assume immigrant=illegal. It bothers him when any group is unfairly attacked, as Libertarians are for the 100 % equally. He tries to reach all demographics. He cares about you, as much as anyone else. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

"If you use the term illegal immigrants, that is very incendiary to our Hispanic population here in this country," Johnson said during the interview with Townhall's Guy Benson. "Why's that?" Benson asked.

"It just is," Johnson, a former governor of New Mexico, responded. "Just so that you know and you don't have to use that term."

Sounds like RINO meets far left liberal lilly, just another typical pandering politician trolling for votes/trying to reach a demographic.

In addition......doesn't he sound racist to equate illegal alien to only hispanics? No illegal alien asians? caucasians? Doesn't he think the term illegal alien is "incendiary" to any human being....hispanics share some special trait with illegal?

Nah, just assume illegal alien = hispanic I guess.

Old 09-02-2016, 04:52 PM

Sorry you got most of this wrong. Gary Johnson is a very serious candidate, he wants to help everyone if Congress will agree. Apparently you are for Trump, as you say he'd help Hillary get elected. Funny that Hillary supporters fear he'd help Trump get elected.

He wants American corporations to escape taxes, so they don't move to another country. He figures this would create many millions of new jobs.

He wants semi-open borders, requirements to get in & has not said he wants to abolish the Border Patrol. He has said he doesn't want criminals or terrorists coming in.

While he is in favor of legal cannabis ("marijuana"), this would be grown in US, again creating many jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post

Gary Johnson is not a serious candidate.

He's there to help Hillary get elected, it's all a sham, paid for
by the Koch Brothers and their globalist corporate friends,
such as Paul Singer. Gary Johnson's platform is anti-American.

He wants global corporations to escape taxes, is for no protection
against loss of jobs offshore, and wants open borders and no law
enforcement against the flow of drugs, guns, and criminals
into this country. He deserves nothing but our deepest resentment.

Last edited by GJJG2012; 09-02-2016 at 05:56 PM..

Old 09-02-2016, 05:06 PM

Gary Johnson was governor of a state that is 50% Hispanic. Imagine half the population being under extreme investigation to find a few violators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
So, it's not incendiary to our Irish population? Or Lithuanians? Germans? Canadians? Or any other group of immigrants legal or otherwise? Why just Hispanics?

Old 09-02-2016, 05:42 PM

The "It just is" answer may have been due to time limit on that question or entire interview. I have a detailed explanation of why Gary Johnson thinks illegal & Hispanic don't always go together, if you keep reading this thread.

Gary Johnson & Hillary Clinton are close to polar opposites: Hillary takes big money from corporations, then owes them big favors that will cost the taxpayers. Gary Johnson gets small contributions mostly and says any group or individual is important. The Libertarian Party is for the 100% equally, including you.

Hillary Clinton wants to expand the size of US gov't & Gary Johnson wants smaller Federal gov't.

Hillary Clinton wants many wars; Gary Johnson doesn't.

Gary Johnson wants to re-legalize cannabis: Hillary Clinton favors continued punishment of harmless.

They don't sound like identical issues platforms to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

Why couldn't johnson give a beyond third grade level explanation to the interviewer beyond the "it just is" explanation? I know you can't answer for him but the point being this guy wants to be president......"it just is" isn't much of an answer to back what his view is on the matter for someone who wants to be in the top office. Perhaps he was wasted during the interview, I don't know.

But I do know this.....clinton voters are paying attention to this kind of talk and might come over more and more and vote for johnson. Sounds like he and her are exactly on the same page in all of this pc gone nuts talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections