Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 04:07 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yeah! Right here on C-D Forum, Johnson is being called names and excoriated by our usual uninformed members.

*******"!...... Someone actually called him a *******!
"Gun Grabber"!...... Another zinger used by the unfortunately uninformed!

When they start doing that, you know you've got their attention.
I mean, do we see ANY threads attacking Jill Stein!?
Darrell Castle?!
Allyson Kennedy?!

NO! Johnson got their attention, there is a small chance he may appear on "their" stage and they are scared witless!

BRANG IT ON, DIMWITS!! YOUR VOTE WAS NEVER AVAILABLE TO GARY JOHNSON, ANYWAY!!
here's hoping Payaso Don gives Gov. Johnson some twitter attacks- that'll sway a lot of votes Gov Johnson's way, imo....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 04:08 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
His VP pick is Bill Weld who was 2 term Republican governor of MA where most normally vote Dem. Gary Johnson was 2 term Republican governor of NM where most normally vote Dem. So they both have shown their ability to work with pols from the 2 biggest parties. If they somehow made it to the White House, they would hire Libertarian leaning Dems & Reps. That could help the problem of partisan gridlock.
Exactly what this nation needs right now....

Old 09-02-2016, 07:46 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
I actually like the Johnson/Weld ticket.

Now only if they had more than a 0% chance of winning . . . . Shame.

Mick

Old 09-02-2016, 08:41 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
Infinitesimally small is not the same as zero.

But maybe they will drive the dialogue on some of the issues. I know they have certainly opened up my eyes and I find myself with views I never had before.

Getting on that stage and saying things like, "Mrs Clinton, do you think anyone believes that anymore?" or "The Wall is the dumbest idea I have ever heard!" would be priceless.
I'd say up late to watch it.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:23 AM

1,202 posts, read 641,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
His VP pick is Bill Weld who was 2 term Republican governor of MA where most normally vote Dem. Gary Johnson was 2 term Republican governor of NM where most normally vote Dem. So they both have shown their ability to work with pols from the 2 biggest parties. If they somehow made it to the White House, they would hire Libertarian leaning Dems & Reps. That could help the problem of partisan gridlock.
Ever wonder WHY they managed to get elected? Because they were RINO'S. Weld is an anti 2nd amendment scumbag and Johnson is a pot smoking moron.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:33 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Ever wonder WHY they managed to get elected? Because they were RINO'S..................
Johnson won the gubernatorial election by defeating the incumbent Democratic Governor Bruce King by 50% to 40%. Party registration in the state of New Mexico at the time was 2-to-1 Democratic.

RINO? I dunno. There may be some truth to what you say. But even more true is that Johnson became governor because he is not a Democrat.

No one cares about the RINO tag anymore.
Republicans just ain't that popular.
Neither are Democrats.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:41 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Ever wonder WHY they managed to get elected? Because they were RINO'S. Weld is an anti 2nd amendment scumbag and Johnson is a pot smoking moron.
Oh man, you think Johnson is a big dumb poopie head? Thats terrible.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:49 PM

5,898 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
I've heard his political ads on local radio. Guy sounds like a total moron.
And he's still better than Trump and Hillary combined. What does that tell you?

Old 09-02-2016, 01:07 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yeah! Right here on C-D Forum, Johnson is being called names and excoriated by our usual uninformed members.

*******"!...... Someone actually called him a *******!
"Gun Grabber"!...... Another zinger used by the unfortunately uninformed!

When they start doing that, you know you've got their attention.
I mean, do we see ANY threads attacking Jill Stein!?
Darrell Castle?!
Allyson Kennedy?!

NO! Johnson got their attention, there is a small chance he may appear on "their" stage and they are scared witless!

BRANG IT ON, DIMWITS!! YOUR VOTE WAS NEVER AVAILABLE TO GARY JOHNSON, ANYWAY!!
I for one am not afraid of Johnson at all. He had my vote last time but has done such a 180 on policies to appease and appeal to Bernie voters that he has shown himself to be just like the career establishment politicians I voted against by giving him my vote last time.

He'll pull in the Trump and Hillary haters but won't get the Bernie supporters and unfortunately has lost many of the libertarians because of flip flopping on his original platform.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:14 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
You mean you like them because "it just is"?

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ncendiary.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections