Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 09:05 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times

Advertisements

Yeah! Right here on C-D Forum, Johnson is being called names and excoriated by our usual uninformed members.

*******"!...... Someone actually called him a *******!
"Gun Grabber"!...... Another zinger used by the unfortunately uninformed!

When they start doing that, you know you've got their attention.
I mean, do we see ANY threads attacking Jill Stein!?
Darrell Castle?!
Allyson Kennedy?!

NO! Johnson got their attention, there is a small chance he may appear on "their" stage and they are scared witless!

BRANG IT ON, DIMWITS!! YOUR VOTE WAS NEVER AVAILABLE TO GARY JOHNSON, ANYWAY!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 09:36 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,212 times
The pothead has a snowballs chance in hell of qualifying for the first debate, but you keep carrying his water. Blaze on...

Old 09-01-2016, 09:59 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
The pothead has a snowballs chance in hell of qualifying for the first debate, but you keep carrying his water. Blaze on...
Small.
Small chance.

But if he does, it will be YUGE!

Old 09-01-2016, 10:04 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
A memorable quote from the Mahatma Gandhi (I'm paraphrasing) :

First they ignore you.

Then they make fun of you.

After that they fight you.

Finally you win.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:14 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times
If he doesn't get 15% for debates, he'll have over 5% to get gov't funding as major party candidate in 2020, so either way there is something to be won. He can still pay for ads on TV, radio, billboards, and the computer ads, news stories, videos, etc. that are essentially free & draw big audiences. His PACs could still kick in more money if needed. But his honesty, kindness, creativity, smartness etc really impress me. I've been reading almost everything about him for the last 5 years & have found no reason to be against him.

Quote:

Old 09-01-2016, 10:58 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
If he doesn't get 15% for debates, he'll have over 5% to get gov't funding as major party candidate in 2020, so either way there is something to be won. He can still pay for ads on TV, radio, billboards, and the computer ads, news stories, videos, etc. that are essentially free & draw big audiences. His PACs could still kick in more money if needed. But his honesty, kindness, creativity, smartness etc really impress me. I've been reading almost everything about him for the last 5 years & have found no reason to be against him.
No, no reason at all. Maybe he'll choose Jeff Spicoli as his VP. Hey Bud, let's party!

Old 09-01-2016, 10:59 PM

1,327 posts, read 722,582 times
I've heard his political ads on local radio. Guy sounds like a total moron.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:18 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
NO! Johnson got their attention, there is a small chance he may appear on "their" stage and they are scared witless!

[b] B]
Well Jill Stein has been attacked and almost all of the threads Johnson has been attacked on were started by pro-Johnson posters.I suppose the fact that people bother to respond to Johnson oriented threads at all,even negatively, is seen as a victory to some.

I'd be fine with Johnson being included in the debates,hes doing something no Libertarian candidate has ever managed before......taking votes away from the Democratic candidate. If he wants to be a spoiler and help Trump win its OK with me!

Old 09-02-2016, 12:10 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yeah! Right here on C-D Forum, Johnson is being called names and excoriated by our usual uninformed members.

*******"!...... Someone actually called him a *******!
"Gun Grabber"!...... Another zinger used by the unfortunately uninformed!

When they start doing that, you know you've got their attention.
Darrell Castle?!
Allyson Kennedy?!

BRANG IT ON, DIMWITS!! YOUR VOTE WAS NEVER AVAILABLE TO GARY JOHNSON, ANYWAY!!
Well, to be fair, Gary probably made his idiotic statement in the first place to get back in the limelight.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:56 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times
His VP pick is Bill Weld who was 2 term Republican governor of MA where most normally vote Dem. Gary Johnson was 2 term Republican governor of NM where most normally vote Dem. So they both have shown their ability to work with pols from the 2 biggest parties. If they somehow made it to the White House, they would hire Libertarian leaning Dems & Reps. That could help the problem of partisan gridlock.

Quote:
No, no reason at all. Maybe he'll choose Jeff Spicoli as his VP. Hey Bud, let's party!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections