Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 03:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times

Advertisements

Trump and the black outreach and black vote? Not happening.

"...Like many African-Americans interviewed here, King said she was offended by Trump’s castigating of Mexicans as criminals and believes he seeks to pit ethnicities against one another.

“He wants to separate us all, and that’s not American,” she said. “What’s next? Call us monkeys and send us back to Africa?”...

Donald Trump will campaign at a black church in Detroit, but many voters say he's doesn't have a prayer | McClatchy DC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 03:30 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I said in another thread the other day that Trump was a crap shoot. GM, I'm one of those Neanderthal knuckle-draggers in fly-over country.

I care about the 2A, the make up of the SC, illegal immigration, the downsizing of government, focusing on policies that encourage entrepreneurship, the impact on jobs and national security as it pertains to our porous southern border, eliminating sanctuary cities, support for law enforcement, rebuilding the military, establishing safe zones for refugees instead of bringing them here, and unapologetically putting Americas safety and interests first and foremost.

I am a woman. I would gladly vote for a female president if the candidate was a good candidate. Clinton is not that person. The polls re: both her likeability and her trustworthiness are what they are for a reason. Actually...........they are what they are for many reasons. I could not ever vote for her. Because of her untrustworthiness and because almost every policy she is for, I am against.

I did not vote for Trump in the primaries, but I will vote for Trump in November. He says many of the right things. Will he do ANY of what he says? I don't know. I really don't. But I will take a chance on him because I KNOW what Clinton will do to this country and I cannot support her in any way.
I've written almost exactly the same thing several times - the only items I would add for me are 3 important ones.

1) Trump is focusing on the REAL problems we have - he is not a Social Justice Warrior for Settled Law like Abortion, Gay Marriage, Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Civil Rights & Equal Rights.

2) This Division into some sort of Tribes that the Left insists on has to stop - America First, All Americans

3) It only took me 8 Years to figure out "this is NOT working, and getting worse" - for some it's 50+ years

Old 09-02-2016, 06:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Default Liberals Complain GOP Doesn't Talk Directly To Black Communities... Protest When A Republican Goes To A Black Community

Detroit pastor faces storm of criticism over Trump visit

This black Detroit pastor is facing an onslaught of vitriol for daring to invite Donald Trump to his church and interview him to see what he has to say. For weeks now, I've heard Democrats complain that Trump isn't talking to black communities, he's talking at them. Trump got the message, and is going directly to a black community, and the usual suspects are trying to prevent that from happening.

Why are Liberals so afraid to let people hear any message but theirs? Democrats and others on the Left are good at pointing out the fact that the Republican Party does little to no outreach directly to the black community, and sorry to say, but for the most part, they are right about that. They make a good point. But the truth is, Republicans going in to black communities to talk directly to them is the LAST thing Liberals want. They want to use the lack of Republican outreach as a compelling talking point in an election season, but actually having a real competition of ideas seems to scare the hell out of them.

All throughout this campaign, Leftists have tried to silence Trump or delegitimize anything he might say before he even says it, or to try and keep him from speaking at all using violence and disruption, because they don't want to have to actually have a real debate. And this behavior from the Left isn;t confined to Trump, but extends to all Republicans. They don't want to debate the ideas, so they trash the person instead, or just try to keep that person from ever speaking.

Rule #537 in the Liberal handbook """Keep the underclass in America deaf and dumb, and never let them hear any message other than the one you've been spoonfeeding them for decades"""

Old 09-02-2016, 06:27 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Liberals are afraid to let people hear any message but theirs because it frightens them. They think that voters will realize that the libs haven't done anything to help them once they hear what those on the opposite side have to say.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:37 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Yeah, too bad his visit to a black community conveniently leaves out actually talking to that community. He's meeting in private with one pastor, with a previously submitted list of questions to which his staff-prepared answers have already been leaked.

Donnie's the only one running scared here.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yeah, too bad his visit to a black community conveniently leaves out actually talking to that community. He's meeting in private with one pastor, with a previously submitted list of questions to which his staff-prepared answers have already been leaked.

Donnie's the only one running scared here.

He will be broadcast on a network that reaches thousands of people and will be mingling with the church goers. What's wrong with hearing his message? You are free to criticize it afterwords but at least listen to it first, but your ilk doesn't want that. One might speculate it's because they fear if people hear it, it may actually resonate.

I take your point on the scripted questions, but you have no high ground to stand on. Hillary doesn't say anything that isn't proofed, scrutinized, focus grouped and then reproofed again a thousand times.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:47 PM

Liberals say:

""" You are out of touch because you don't go to black communities"""and then in the next breath say """how dare you go to a black community when you're so out of touch"""

It's a clever little trick. Liberals are masters of method, I'll give them that.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:48 PM

416 posts, read 260,242 times
Let's recap the dumpster's visit to that black church eh?

* Awesome going to visit a bunch of black parishioners...well not quite, they're not going to be allowed in the room, just the pastor.

* At least the pastor will be able to grill him with questions serious to the black community...wrong again bucko, just 12 per-determined questions given to the trump campaign in advance.

* No problem, so he knows what the questions will be and he'll be better prepared to answer them...oops, not quite. The staff has written out every answer that he will read verbatim so he doesn't come across as buffoon...including about how he feels religion has impacted his life (lord help us).

* And if that's not enough, this showmance between trump and the pastor is being filmed to be aired on a black channel. However, the trump campaign agreed to do this only if they were given the ability to edit it before it was played.

Simply put, this is nothing more than an infomercial to make the dumpster look like he cares about black voters. The staff knew better than to let him go and open his mouth without having absolute and total control from beginning to end.

No surprise, the black pastor is taking some heat for becoming Edger Bergen's Charlie McCarhy.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
Let's recap the dumpster's visit to that black church eh?

* Awesome going to visit a bunch of black parishioners...well not quite, they're not going to be allowed in the room, just the pastor.

* At least the pastor will be able to grill him with questions serious to the black community...wrong again bucko, just 12 per-determined questions given to the trump campaign in advance.

* No problem, so he knows what the questions will be and he'll be better prepared to answer them...oops, not quite. The staff has written out every answer that he will read verbatim so he doesn't come across as buffoon...including about how he feels religion has impacted his life (lord help us).

* And if that's not enough, this showmance between trump and the pastor is being filmed to be aired on a black channel. However, the trump campaign agreed to do this only if they were given the ability to edit it before it was played.

Simply put, this is nothing more than an infomercial to make the dumpster look like he cares about black voters. The staff knew better than to let him go and open his mouth without having absolute and total control from beginning to end.

No surprise, the black pastor is taking some heat for becoming Edger Bergen's Charlie McCarhy.
Actually, yes, the perishoners will be allowed to interact with Trump. The pastor said so himself...

As for the rest of your accusations, you got a link?

Old 09-02-2016, 08:26 PM

416 posts, read 260,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Actually, yes, the perishoners will be allowed to interact with Trump. The pastor said so himself...

As for the rest of your accusations, you got a link?
The nice thing about the Donald is you don't have to make stuff up, he's the gift that just keeps on giving:

Here's the header, a paragraph and the link as well WS 88: The article in the New York Times: Leaked Script Shows What Advisers Want Donald Trump to Say at Black Church.
Instead of speaking to the congregation at Great Faith Ministries International, Mr. Trump will be interviewed by its pastor in a session that will be closed to the public and the news media, with questions submitted in advance. And instead of letting Mr. Trump be his freewheeling self, his campaign has prepared lengthy answers for the submitted questions, consulting black Republicans to make sure he says the right things.

You can read the rest here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections