Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 06:19 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
We are going to shock the world friend! I truly believe it.

I think Trump is going to be the greatest president this country has ever seen, and if you don't agree with me you just wait and you will see what all of us saw in him!!

Old 09-04-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I haven't decided. I may just do a write in. 1 thing for sure is that Hillary will never receive my vote. She is a perfect example of what is wrong with DC.
Trump? Trump is Trump and needs a lot of polish if he intends to deal with foreign governments.

He did just fine in Mexico....

Old 09-04-2016, 06:34 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
The video doesn't explain why a single person is voting for Trump.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:44 PM

You obviously are getting your information from CNN. I'm retired and this election has been an obsession with me. Before Trump met with the president it was pre-agreed that they would not discuss the wall. The Mexican president having low approval ratings felt he had to bring it up to save face because the Mexican people feel so strongly against it. When he brought it up he was reminded of their previous agreement only to discuss points of agreement. Rudy Giuliani was standing right there and intercepted the comment from Nieto and reminded him that was not the purpose of their meeting....So Yes, Nieto got his point in that he wasn't paying for the wall to save face but NO it was not discussed.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:52 PM

733 posts, read 351,436 times
Default Not electing a miracle worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I think Trump is going to be the greatest president this country has ever seen, and if you don't agree with me you just wait and you will see what all of us saw in him!!
We're electing a new president, not a miracle worker. Some people are acting like Trump is the messiah. People did that with Obama, and look where we are. Yes I know Clinton is the devil.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
We're electing a new president, not a miracle worker. Some people are acting like Trump is the messiah. People did that with Obama, and look where we are. Yes I know Clinton is the devil.

Of course he's not the messiah....He is a businessman and for the first time in politics we will have someone in office who respects our tax dollars and doesn't just squander it and raise taxes to make up for the squander. Trump is predisposed to bring projects in on time and below budget. It will be a wonderful change!

Old 09-04-2016, 08:32 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
While I don't intend to vote for Trump, I can absolutely say why I will never vote for Clinton.
Trump like Clinton lies. The difference is Trump lied as a private citizen, Clinton lied as a public servant.
Trump may have manipulated laws, but he seems to have stayed within the laws.
Clinton may not have broken laws, but she did violate policy and then lied about it.
The FBI investigation demonstrated that Hillary is completely incompetent or a bold faced liar. No one in public office as long as Clinton can be so clueless when it comes to policy and protocol.
Her response to the Libya crisis, blaming a movie. Denying the requested additional security etc.
Her behavior towards subordinates and staff when she was first lady.
Her enabling her husbands sexual abuse of women.
Her book full of lies.
The list against Hillary is virtually endless. She has not 1 redeeming quality.
What does Hillary know about creating jobs?
Trump at least has created thousands of jobs, and at least he is straight up about who and what he is, unlike Clinton.
Trump is a racist? Hillary had no issue with Trump 8 years ago or when her husband was in office. The Democrat party had no issue with accepting Trump's campaign contributions over the years. The democrats favorite card is the race card.
Amen brother!

Old 09-04-2016, 09:12 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
What is amazing is the total lack of Hillary signs, I mean like anywhere.

If I'm driving down streets of liberal college towns flanked by Trump signs, what does that say about hey'yall Merica?

Old 09-04-2016, 09:59 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Wow! I just watched it, and I find it really disturbing. Has anyone noticed the incredible differences between the Trump from 30 years ago and the Trump today? 30 years ago, he was lucid, articulate, well-spoken, coherent - on point, quick of mind and confident of speech... 30 years ago, the man actually sounded like someone who could be taken seriously as a presidential candidate, and might even do a decent job.

But the Trump of today? Good god! He's rambling, unfocused, sloppy in his speech, repeating empty phrases, his speech sometimes almost slurred... he sounds like a sloppy drunk falling off his barstool. I think it was really a bad decision to juxtapose the two Trumps and show so clearly how much he's deteriorated. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The video doesn't explain why a single person is voting for Trump.
Well, in a way it does. If you consider that Trump fans probably aren't bright enough to understand that there's an enormous - no, I mean YYUUUUUUUGE - difference between the 40-year old Trump and the 70-year old Trump, you can almost see why some of them would think he seems presidential. But no, I don't think any undecideds will be dumb enough to fall for any of that crap. The Hispanic couple who were being paid to praise his immigration policy, the young black guy who was paid to talk about how tough Trump is, the apparent African or West Indian immigrant talking about how he will bring the country together... sure, i can see how people who are dumb enough to already be voting for him would be impressed, but anybody who's not that stupid? Nah, I doubt they'll find it persuasive.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:27 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
You're going to vote for Trump because... you saw a Youtube video?

I clicked into this thread because I thought you were actually going to be giving us the reasons you're voting for Trump - you know, making an argument in your own words. But instead, all you do is ask us to watch a video.

What an incredibly intellectually lazy thing to do. Just reinforces the stereotypes of Trump fans as people who can't even explain why they think what they think or believe what they believe.
i'm still waiting for someone to convince me hillary is the right choice with information other than 'trump bad'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections