Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 07:31 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
From the producers of Sleepless in Seattle, they bring you Clueless in Arizona. You'd think Arizona voters would know who their US Senators are.
lol. I guess if Americans had to take a civics test to vote Trump, probably wouldn't get more than 5% of the vote. Trumpettes = Clueless. All they know is that Trump is the Messiah who is going to save Murica from Muslim communists and Jew Neocons.

Flake has been anti-trump for a while. He said he wouldn't go the Republican convention because he had mow his lawn. The best though was Senator Ben Sasse from Nebraska who said he was going watch "some dumpster fires” with his kids instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 09:00 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
..............Flake has been anti-trump for a while. He said he wouldn't go the Republican convention because he had mow his lawn. The best though was Senator Ben Sasse from Nebraska who said he was going watch "some dumpster fires” with his kids instead.
The way things work in the senate, with appointments to committees and seniority and so forth, I would think it would be hard to actively oppose the party's nominee.
And if immigration or The Wall is the sticking point will these "rogue" Republican legislators go with Clinton? I just really wouldn't think so.

I wonder if Sasse's dumpster fire was him burning his Republican credentials. I've pretty much burned mine.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:20 AM

15,635 posts, read 10,390,278 times
The original post is not a new revelation. Flake has long been one of Trump’s most vocal Republican detractors. He also on Sunday said, “I would not vote for Hillary Clinton, and, as of now, I would still not vote for Donald Trump.” “I just know that I would like to vote for Donald Trump. It's not comfortable to not support your nominee."

The establishment Republicans are out in force against Trump. Trump would tear apart the comfy nest they have feathered for years with pay-to-play politics. I don't blame these politicians for being scared of him.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The original post is not a new revelation. Flake has long been one of Trump’s most vocal Republican detractors. He also on Sunday said, “I would not vote for Hillary Clinton, and, as of now, I would still not vote for Donald Trump.” “I just know that I would like to vote for Donald Trump. It's not comfortable to not support your nominee."

The establishment Republicans are out in force against Trump. Trump would tear apart the comfy nest they have feathered for years with pay-to-play politics. I don't blame these politicians for being scared of him.
I think they are all safe until we force term limitations on them.

And how we gonna do THAT?!

Maybe Johnson will catch on and all the moderate Republicans and Democrats can switch to Libertarian...
Then there would be about a 10 year period when things makes sense before the Libertarians got to be just like the other two parties.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:32 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
The mainstream Repubs don't support Trump because they know Trump is a scamming con artist with lots of skeletons in his closet. Trump lacks ethics and he has no moral integrity -- he will do anything, say anything to win at a business deal. And so if wins the election, there's a good chance Trump will generate a massive scandal in office -- bribery, misuse of White House access, kickbacks, you name it -- thus damaging the Repub brand for years to come like Nixon did.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I think they are all safe until we force term limitations on them.

And how we gonna do THAT?!

Maybe Johnson will catch on and all the moderate Republicans and Democrats can switch to Libertarian...
Then there would be about a 10 year period when things makes sense before the Libertarians got to be just like the other two parties.
I consider myself a moderate Republican and I will support the candidate the people of the party have chosen. On the other hand, I haven't accepted millions in payoffs for political favors unlike all, all, all the establishment politicians opposing Trump.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:37 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Flake is a fool and Clinton is basically the Antichrist! I am glade he is not in my district I would vote him out!
I hate to break anyone`s little snot bubble but there is no such thing as an antichrist.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I consider myself a moderate Republican and I will support the candidate the people of the party have chosen. On the other hand, I haven't accepted millions in payoffs for political favors unlike all, all, all the establishment politicians opposing Trump.
I probably won't vote for Trump even though at one time I used the exact same words you did.

I WON'T vote for Hillary.

So that puts me in a position similar to the legislators who say the same thing.
What will they do? For years, they have been encouraging everyone to vote, so they can't stay home. CAN'T!

Old 09-05-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I probably won't vote for Trump even though at one time I used the exact same words you did.

I WON'T vote for Hillary.

So that puts me in a position similar to the legislators who say the same thing.
What will they do? For years, they have been encouraging everyone to vote, so they can't stay home. CAN'T!
Not voting is a quandary for some. Not me. I don't consider not voting an option because I've always voted, making a decision is important, and leaving the decision for president up to others is a cop-out.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:59 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Again, not a big deal and I find it hilarious that the anti-Trumps want to list every individual in their own thread if that individual says he won't vote for Trump.

So, Trump supporters, we need to find one new person to vote for Trump to cover for this individual. Hey, that's better than having to defend a lifetime criminal!

These mouthy anti-Trump politicians may just regret getting stupid too and may find themselves in the unemployment line!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections