Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 08:11 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

So, she won't play a role in having school children throwing away most of their lunches?

Old 09-05-2016, 08:19 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
It takes experience to smile and wave?

Old 09-05-2016, 08:27 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Great article on Melania, past and present, mentioning this:

Kati Marton defines the Presidency as a two-person job, a live/work gig that, combining executive and ceremonial roles, necessarily replicates aspects of the royal court. “If we suddenly had as First Lady a model, whom we would look to for fashion tips alone, that would be a transformative moment, and I think with serious consequences,” Marton told me recently. “If the President has got a smart, plugged-in partner who can get his attention and tell him what’s going on in the land, and when he’s being an idiot, as the best ones have been able to do, that is in our interest. Everybody else serves at his pleasure.” A passive First Spouse, Marton said, can hurt not only her husband but the nation.

Melania Trump, she added, would be “the least experienced and the least prepared First Lady in history.”

The Model American: Melania Trump is the exception to her husband’s nativist politics
By Lauren Collins

The Model American - The New Yorker
This is the kind of non-sense that in a reverse way tries to elevate people like Michelle who really have nothing to offer, but think they are suddenly qualified to run for office when they are done being first lady.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:47 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Yeah. She has no experience in waking up in a house built by slaves

Old 09-05-2016, 08:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
The worst first ladies were Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama, who saw themselves as the queen of America. I never was the biggest fan of Dumbya, but Laura was a class act, she knew she was not elected by anyone to ruin healthcare or become the national lunchlady.
Guess you never heard of Queen Nancy Reagan.

Laura Bush was/ is a class act.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:06 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:

Kati Marton defines the Presidency as a two-person job, a live/work gig that, combining executive and ceremonial roles, necessarily replicates aspects of the royal court. “If we suddenly had as First Lady a model, whom we would look to for fashion tips alone, that would be a transformative moment, and I think with serious consequences,” Marton told me recently. “If the President has got a smart, plugged-in partner who can get his attention and tell him what’s going on in the land, and when he’s being an idiot, as the best ones have been able to do, that is in our interest. Everybody else serves at his pleasure.” A passive First Spouse, Marton said, can hurt not only her husband but the nation.

Melania Trump, she added, would be “the least experienced and the least prepared First Lady in history.”

The Model American: Melania Trump is the exception to her husband’s nativist politics
By Lauren Collins

Mrs. Washington, Mrs. Adams, Mrs. Jefferson, are with you on this. They held the titles for so long

Old 09-05-2016, 09:33 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Can we knock it off with the model whatever shaming of Mrs. Trump, please? I think she'd do just fine, if The Donald gets elected. I don't agree with his politics, but throwing shade at his wife is messed up.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-05-2016 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 09-05-2016, 09:42 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
I'm a democrat. Can we please get beyond attacking the families of politicians? It's disgusting.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:44 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
What does this mean, that she bakes her cakes from a box instead of from scratch? I don't get it. Will she need help decorating?

Old 09-05-2016, 09:45 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:

By Lauren Collins

I am not real thrilled about her posing, but at least she wasn't dealing drugs. What experience does it take to be the First Lady?

I kind of like it she has her own money and has traveled the world. This may eliminate spending as if she was always broke, which will be a breathe of fresh air.

I am counting on Trump to take us out of debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections