Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 03:16 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,711,045 times

Advertisements

No, they don't drown people lol. He addresses most major issues on that Des Moines rally at the start of this thread. He said for Social Security, we may have to raise the minimum age & look at how much money is sent to those who may not need it (means testing).

I'm disabled & very low income. I still get ambulance & hospital from Feds, but state pays for office visits. Of course I have to pay for non-prescription meds as before, & small co-pays for prescription drugs. Gary has some ideas to reduce health costs for virtually all individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Goodness gracious!

(Although I don't agree with him, I see his point.)

Okay, so now my question is... as a Libertarian, would he be cutting hand outs? I mean, I always thought that Libertarians were rather "Darwinistic" (did I just make that up?) when it came to sink or swim...

Old 09-07-2016, 05:12 AM

This is an important issue for Gary with 48% of the population being Hispanic in NM, where he was governor for 2 terms. Imagine all of those being thoroughly investigated as possible enemies. It would certainly bring up a lot of racial tensions. So many either entered legally, or entered many years ago when few people cared, and the laws were often not enforced. Now, after them being here for a decade or 3 & being good productive people, tearing apart their families begins. Would it be like the drug raids? Knock door down without warning, shoot the family dog, tear apart the house on a "fishing expedition".

Gary Johnson is so caring about others & wanting to stop discrimination of various groups. "Illegal alien" almost always means Hispanic when some media people say it & it may feel they are singled out for persecution on the assumption they are nearly all criminals who want to harm us.

Gary Johnson gave away $510K of his own money as a gift to the people of NM when he did the longshot run for his 1st term as Republican governor in a state that votes 2/3 Democrat. He barely won, inherited a deficit, vetoed or line-itemed hundreds of bills, lowered taxes repeatedly, and left the state with a billion dollar surplus. He didn't do it for ego or monetary gain.

Seeing him very angry (for 2 minutes) in defense of a group discriminated against & threatened should not be taken as his usual mood. If you can spare 37 minutes, watch the Iowa rally video at the beginning of this thread as Gary covers many issues there. The noise of the crowd was about deafening at times, when he brought up many Libertarian Party issues positions & he offered many thoughts on what he might like to do to try to fix some problems, if Congress will allow.

Trump said he wanted to kill not only terrorists, but their entire families. Doesn't that sound angry? How many totally calm (and sane) people want to kill millions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What a nut.. never saw Trump get that nuts, never.. Trump is mild very mild.. it is the media that portrays Trump as out of control.. now this Gary Johnson is way out angry. Trump does not get angry at all.

Old 09-07-2016, 05:29 AM

Gary Johnson thinks we need allies to prevent & end wars. He assures us if US is attacked, we'll attack back. He doesn't think US should be the world police, doing regime changes. These wars make us less safe, not more safe. He commented on our helping arm the Syrian rebels, then those weapons ending up with ISIS.

He said he feels the greatest threat to the US is N Korea, that they will eventually have missiles that can reach the US. He was wondering if China could somehow help us with that threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I've read some things about Johnson and I'm not too confident in him. I don't know, I think we as a country needs some kind of aggression, who is a go getter and not someone who sits back and says it is what it is. Our country has done too much of that.

Old 09-07-2016, 05:34 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,951,850 times
Bernie Sanders voters have found our voice in the Johnson-Weld ticket. Social justice is best expressed with their leadership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections