Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 05:00 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

I continue to have ZERO confidence in Trump. He's still tweeting like a child, has backtracked on that BLIND TRUST promise, has backtracked on several of his promises, has placed banking and oil execs in his cabinet. He's all over the place. I see very little positive from what he's done to date.

One thing you can't accuse Trump of.. That would be disappearing for a month after the election because every prediction that he made for 1.5 years turned out to be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 05:04 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
I think what Mark meant that is if Trump wins the Dallas Mavericks will tank.

They've been playing like chit since the election. It's all Trumps fault.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:59 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Give it time, people. Give it time. Without a massive influx of immigrants, changing demographics make it extremely difficult for US growth to move beyond 3% no matter who is Prez or what policies are. So, when this sinks in with Wall Street, they will realize that P/E ratios are way out of line and prices will plunge. There's one bear who said DOW could fall 17000. I think 5-10,000 is more in line. It's not really Trump's fault, of course, but he will be blamed.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:41 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There's one bear who said DOW could fall 17000. I think 5-10,000 is more in line. It's not really Trump's fault, of course, but he will be blamed.
That's the thing about the stock market, there are so many variables (big and small) that effect how well (or bad) the market is doing, with who the President of United States is, being a very, minuscule variable.

The funny part is, you have those people, and you know who I'm talking about, who will always say that if the stock market is doing great, it MUST be due to the POTUS (if they love the President) or if the stock market is doing horrible, it MUST be due to the POTUS (if they hate the President). Really, come on guys!

Old 12-13-2016, 07:47 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
I believe the market will do extremely well... I wouldn't dump everything into the market and real estate if I didn't believe it... that's not to say I wouldn't sell and take the capital gain in a few months... I would reinvest the money back into other stocks...

Old 12-13-2016, 07:47 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Give it time, people. Give it time. Without a massive influx of immigrants, changing demographics make it extremely difficult for US growth to move beyond 3% no matter who is Prez or what policies are. So, when this sinks in with Wall Street, they will realize that P/E ratios are way out of line and prices will plunge. There's one bear who said DOW could fall 17000. I think 5-10,000 is more in line. It's not really Trump's fault, of course, but he will be blamed.
Per the bolded --- Are you concerned about the environment at all? If so, then encouraging "massive influx of immigrants" puts huge strains on the environment.

We can't continue allowing a "massive influx of immigrants" as we don't have unlimited potable water. Nor do we have unlimited buildable land.

For example, I once saw a news report (it was on the CBS Nightly News---and I know you believe and trust the MSM). The story was about the water supply in Phoenix and Tuscon. It seems that both places rely on underground aquifers for their water. Experts said they have no idea as to how much water is in those aquifers, thus no idea when they will run dry.

Were you around before 1965---when we didn't have hyper immigration? If so, then you will remember that the country did just fine.

Massive population growth is NOT the answer. Period.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:04 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
This thread still being on the top of the page must be an embarrassment for the Democrats and OP.

Wishful thinking and fake news didn't help the Democrats. Having the media supporting Hillary didn't help either.

2016 is the year the media died and PC went into the grave with the media presstitutes. Megan Kelly will most likely be gone from Fox news too. Nobody is larger than the public who in the end is paying the bills.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:47 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- Are you concerned about the environment at all? If so, then encouraging "massive influx of immigrants" puts huge strains on the environment.

We can't continue allowing a "massive influx of immigrants" as we don't have unlimited potable water. Nor do we have unlimited buildable land.

For example, I once saw a news report (it was on the CBS Nightly News---and I know you believe and trust the MSM). The story was about the water supply in Phoenix and Tuscon. It seems that both places rely on underground aquifers for their water. Experts said they have no idea as to how much water is in those aquifers, thus no idea when they will run dry.

Were you around before 1965---when we didn't have hyper immigration? If so, then you will remember that the country did just fine.

Massive population growth is NOT the answer. Period.
I'm not advocating for immigration, just pointing out the economic reality that economic growth in the US will be constrained by lack of population growth. We won't do better than 3% on a sustained basis with our current rates. We did fine before 1965 - and after too - because of high birth rates as well as foreign markets for our goods. But that is gone now. We either accept a weak GDP growth, open the borders like Germany has, or start cranking out babies.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:29 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Mark Cuban: If Donald Trump Wins the Markets Will Tank | Fox Business

Personally, I'm divesting right now just in case nutcase Trump wins. Besides, Thank You President Obama in your role in bringing back the markets. Millions of Americans retirement plans have returned to respectable levels. This is as good a time as any to capture gains before the Trump recession hits.
Famous last words....

Old 12-14-2016, 06:34 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
If you're sincerely interested, I took a significant capital gain by selling just before the election (thanks Obama!) and withheld a large sum until after Trump starts trashing the country with protectionism, repeal and replace, and the variety of other plans he has for the country. I believe the current trend is irrational exuberance speculative (as Alan Ginsberg once said during the dot com bubble). I expect a YUGE correction and possibly will invest then. Until then, money is on the sidelines or in international stocks.

I continue to have ZERO confidence in Trump. He's still tweeting like a child, has backtracked on that BLIND TRUST promise, has backtracked on several of his promises, has placed banking and oil execs in his cabinet. He's all over the place. I see very little positive from what he's done to date.
Why not double down on being wrong?

It seems to be all the rage with Democrats nowadays.

Last edited by dechatelet; 12-14-2016 at 06:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections