Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 01:57 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,966,468 times

Advertisements

I am not going to vote - so whatever happens is all your fault.

I voted in our primary, which living in a 90% republican county and a mostly Republican state, means there is one choice, and most of our open seats are now filled.

I mean they voted John RINO McCain in AGAIN for like the 40th time! My vote means absolutely zero.

Which brings us to the presidential debacle. I have so little respect for the office or it's current or future occupant that I refuse to capitalize the word anymore.

WHERE did the real leaders go? What happened to the leadership of yesteryear? I haven't heard an orator since Regan or Kennedy.

Our choice is a virtual criminal professional bureaucrat and liar, or an ignorant rich guy bigot who just wants the title? So rather than voting third party with no chance or for the lesser of two evils, I will abstain.

So unless someone can convince me otherwise - this upcoming disaster us on YOU.

Last edited by jamies; 09-09-2016 at 03:14 AM..

Old 09-09-2016, 03:11 AM

27,189 posts, read 15,364,237 times
Don't complain afterwards then.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:15 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,313,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I voted in our primary, which living in a 90% republican county and a mostly Republican state, means there is one choice, and most of our open seats are now filled.
I mean they voted John RINO McCain in AGAIN for like the 40th time! My vote means absolutely zero.
Which brings us to the presidential debacle. I have so little respect for the office or it's current or future occupant that I refuse to capitalize the word anymore.
WHERE did the real leaders go? What happened to the leadership of yesteryear? I haven't heard an orator since Regan or Kennedy.
Our choice is a virtual criminal professional bureaucrat and liar, or an ignorant rich guy bigot who just wants the title?
No, it is on everyone whether you vote or not. You can use your vote to show your opinion or you can do absolutely nothing but complain and blame others for your lack of representation.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:23 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,038,686 times
I agree with the OP about McCain. Same goes for the likes of Piglousi, Reid, and so many others. How do they keep getting elected? Name recognition, I guess. I call it the Kennedy Standard. "Oh, yeah, I've heard of this guy, so he must be good."

And I understand not voting. I didn't vote in the Romney/Obama snafu. I hate Romney almost as much as I hate Obama, and no way am I going to expend my effort on that kind of scum.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:49 AM

11,867 posts, read 5,843,866 times
Many people feel the same way and have for many years now. I will go out and vote even though I know my state is a blue state and Hillary will take it. I've wanted term limits for years - but you are not going to see it. We'll continue with the same stagnant career politicians and this is the worst thing for this country but it won't change as no one is going to put up a term limit referendum to vote on.

Old 09-09-2016, 04:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Convince you otherwise? If it's not worth your time to vote it most certainly isn't worth mine to try and convince you otherwise.

Old 09-09-2016, 04:41 AM

29,221 posts, read 22,418,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post

Our choice is a virtual criminal professional bureaucrat and liar, or an ignorant rich guy bigot who just wants the title? So rather than voting third party with no chance or for the lesser of two evils, I will abstain.

You won't be alone, but doing your duty as a citizen carries no assurance of a happy choice. Ever.
Both were nominated fair and square by the people each represent.

But now, over half of us is unhappy with who they allowed others to choose for them instead of choosing for themselves.

One was chosen by a big majority of the whopping 9% of the primary voters he represents, and the other was chosen by only a few more points on the other side from the same reluctance to go vote in the primaries. If many more of us had voted in the primaries, the choices could have been much different.

You were a primary voter. Your vote meant a lot of something then, and if enough others feel as you do now, your vote will count for a big something if you change your mind and show up once more to finish the job you started.

No one ever said democracy was easy. Anything that has the power to change history is never easy.

You are fully entitled to your disappointment, but you are no beginner.
I'm sure that once you get over, the sads, you'll gut up and go do your duty, just like I will, when the time comes.

Expressing yourself with a vote, no matter if it is cast for a sure loser, is still better than willingly allowing someone else to have the power that is rightly yours alone.

The only time I ever regretted voting was the only time I did not vote at all. This won't be the first time I may decide to cast my vote for a 3rd party candidate, and I don't expect it will be the last hard decision I'll make in the booth come election day. But I will never allow someone else to take what is mine alone.

Old 09-09-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You won't be alone, but doing your duty as a citizen carries no assurance of a happy choice. Ever.
Both were nominated fair and square by the people each represent.
That's not necessarily true.

Old 09-09-2016, 04:47 AM

29,221 posts, read 22,418,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's not necessarily true.
Don't fall down the conspiracy hole. It is deep, black, and has no bottom.

Old 09-09-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Don't fall down the conspiracy hole. It is deep, black, and has no bottom.
Debbie was fired over a conspiracy? She should sue for her job back?

Which is worse? A conspiracy with facts behind it, or an entity that would fire someone over a conspiracy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections