Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Trump supporters care that they are described as deplorable?
No. They do belive America should be white and Christian to be great 30 38.46%
No. They do believe immigrants and Muslims take their jobs and will kill them 19 24.36%
No. They do not believe women should have equal pay or have access to abortion 13 16.67%
Yes. It is deplorable to be called deplorable just because One supports Trump. 42 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 09:18 AM

25,867 posts, read 20,810,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
You are absolutely right.

The politically correct thing would have been to ignore the derelicts supporting Trump. But she called them out.

The fact that it seems to upset the chimps tells me they're hypocrites or they are actually embarrassed by the last 16 months of Trump's campaigns wrought with daily insults of one group or another.
They're upset because they truly believe that they have the right to say whatever they want without criticism or consequence like they could back in the day when "those people" knew their place.
Their whining about political correctness is simply the card they play when someone points out that they are no better than the average school-yard bully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 09:19 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,014,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Hillary was expressing her beliefs. I'm glad she let half the country know how she feels about us. PC isn't the issue. Her belief that we, half the country, are either "deplorable" or "desperate" was eye-opening and insulting.
Well it is what it is. Insulting it wasn't.

If people go around making racist, sexist, homophobic and xenophobic comments then I don't see why they feel offended for being called what they are.

Now the definition of deplorable
Quote:
adjective
deserving strong condemnation.
"the deplorable conditions in which most prisoners are held"
synonyms: disgraceful, shameful, dishonorable, unworthy, inexcusable, unpardonable, unforgivable;

shockingly bad in quality.
"her spelling was deplorable"
synonyms: lamentable, regrettable, unfortunate, wretched, atrocious, awful, terrible, dreadful, diabolical;

That's exactly what the alt-right is. I would call them despicable too.

I don't agree the other half are desperate unless she means they are "desperate to vote against her or against the democratic party" A lot of people hate Hillary Clinton and democrats and will vote for Trump just because they want to vote against them but she wouldn't say that because that wouldn't be a good political move.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:22 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,285,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Hillary Clinton: Half of Donald Trump supporters are in 'basket of deplorables' - CNNPolitics.com

I think if there was any proof this clown is coming unglued. Yikes.

But hey, way to go hil......generalizing about a huge group of people, calling a bunch of them "deplorable". Isn't she from the party that says we shouldn't generalize huge groups of people? That we should judge people as individuals, not group millions upon millions of people in the same "basket"? Wonder what other kinds of ways she insults/generalizes huge groups of people? By Race? Sex? Beliefs?

True colors exposed here for all to see for those who see beyond black and white.

And I believe a very dumb move just on the level of politics as I think this will only mobilize/influence a bunch of people who are on the fence with statements like this.
My concern is not just what she is saying but how she looks. Yes, I think she is falling apart. She expected the election to be a shoe in; she is reacting like she did in 2008 when Obama surprised her with a good campaign. I am wondering if she is going to repeat and have another melt down.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:23 AM

39,186 posts, read 51,565,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You can bet that had Trump said something similar about Clinton supporters they'd be defending him, just like they defended Romney and his statements about the 47%.

On the one hand, I think it was stupid for her to lower herself to Trump's level particularly since their actions and words so clearly speak for themselves.
On the other, if it gets the media to finally put a spotlight on the segment of Trump's followers that spew this disgusting discourse, so much the better.
You may be on to something there. This might have been an intentional remark. One of the strongest motivators for Clinton backers is the fear that the various "ists" and "phobes" in the Trump camp would achieve voice and power in a Trump administration. This plays to that fear. This election is about keeping the crazies away from the White House as much as it is putting Clinton in there - maybe more because we can always boot Clinton in four years but the influence of the alt right could divide us and damage the nation for decades.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:24 AM

68 posts, read 106,294 times
Hillary is wrong on this.

It's more like 90%, not 50%

Old 09-10-2016, 09:25 AM

37,849 posts, read 41,215,210 times
Default Hillary Resorts To Calling Us Names after Her Husband Steps In a Pile of Dog Poop Doing Almost The Same Thing

Ms. Pinocchio is calling us (Trump voters) names. Not having any luck at all this week with Trump, the truthfully-challenged blonde cooties-hacking poopeyhead old lady called us a "Basket of Deplorables" after going through her "Acceptable Liberal Terms To Call Your Opponents' Voters When You Feel It Slipping Away" thesaurus.

Quote:
"'Hillary Clinton has called Donald Trump supporters a "basket of deplorables," comments that sparked anger from her Republican rival for the White House and quickly went viral. The Democratic nominee for president was speaking at a fundraiser in New York on Friday night when she said, 'to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables." 'The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic -- you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.'"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-s...141555895.html
Apparently, it wasn't enough for Bill Clinton to intimate Make America Great Again appeals to racists even though he's on videotape using the exact same "Make America Great Again" going all the way back to when he was Governor in a montage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPYtJ-7VmnI

That's it! I'm taking my toy trucks and going home!

Old 09-10-2016, 09:29 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,464,841 times
Quote:
The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic -- you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.
She is absolutely 100% correct. Trump ripped the cover off the dirty secret of just how large a percentage of the GOP base espouses intolerant white nationalist views.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:30 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,014,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My concern is not just what she is saying but how she looks. Yes, I think she is falling apart. She expected the election to be a shoe in; she is reacting like she did in 2008 when Obama surprised her with a good campaign. I am wondering if she is going to repeat and have another melt down.
That's not a meltdown.

If you think those words were not carefully planned by her campaign you are not really paying attention to this election.

Both Trump and Hillary know they need to be in the cameras 24/7. Noticed how suddenly Hillary is speaking everywhere? Their campaign is using the same method that Trump used to win the primaries. They are bombarding the media to get attention. Just saying "vote for us on November 8" won't get these candidates the free coverage they need.

If she is not controversial then she will be called low-energy and the only thing we will see is Trump's bigoted and insulting tweets in the headlines.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:30 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,307,012 times
the truthfully-challenged blonde cooties-hacking poopeyhead old lady

After the election you and a few congressmen might talk worse.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:34 AM

25,797 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Slick Willy is pretty good. He took an innocent phrase and used in a way that made it sound like a racist threat. Then he explained the "threat" to his audience so that they would see things the way he wanted them to.

(..."And if you're a Southern White man, we all know what that means, right".....)

I just can't stand these Clinton A-holes. Either one of them.

Defeating Hillary is job#1. After that we can duke it out, but preventing her from getting to 270 is #1.
I'll vote for whomever I have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections